Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rank the East

Default Rank the East

So now that free agency, for the most part, is done for now, what is everyone's view on where the East is as of now? My rankings go like this:

1. Indiana- Yes we lost Stephenson, but we have always been a TEAM not a 2 man superstar led team, we can survive losing Lance and succeed. George Hill will have a big year, David West is still a BAMF, we can still get all-star Hibbert back, I think we will be fine without Lance. We replaced Lance with CJ Miles, who I am a big fan of and his shooting will do wonders for us, and Rodney Stuckey, who is a capable scorer off our bench who can play when Miles shot isn't falling. The most important part is, we have Paul George as well.

2. Chicago- Well they get Derrick Rose back, what level will he play at? No one knows, but if they can get all-star caliber play from him, which I believe they will, they will be a very, very good team. Their front court is also great with Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah, Pau Gasol, and Nikola Mirotic. Jimmy Butler is a solid player as well, but they have a whole on the wing that needs to be filled by Dunleavy/McDermmot/Snell and I am not a big fan of any of them.

3. Cleveland- Well they have LeBron, but I am not in love with his supporting cast to tell you the honest truth. They have Kyrie Irving yes, but he has never been on a winning team, let alone even sniffed the playoffs. Andrew Wiggins COULD be good, but the guy is a rookie. Dion Waiters is just awful for that team from a chemistry perspective, and posted on twitter he wouldn't accept a bench role. Thompson is solid, but once again no playoff experience, I just don't know if the supporting cast is experienced enough.

4. Washington- I actually don't think Washington will be as good this year, I think the loss of Ariza will hurt them, and I don't think Pierce has much left in the tank. However, Beal is a stud, and walking away from that Washington series last year, he was by far their most impressive player to me, and he has a bright future. John Wall is also a very good player... But I don't know if he is good enough to lead a team, and Hill locking him down gives me doubts.

5. Toronto- They got Kyle Lowry back which is huge for that team. Lowry is an all-star caliber player, and adding him back to a young core of Jonas, DeRozan, and Ross will mean more years of solid basketball up in Toronto. However, they didn't add any new players, so I think its another year of one and done for Toronto again, but they have a bright future.

6. Charlotte- Well they added Lance to an already solid core. Al Jefferson is the top center in the East, and Kemba Walker is a very solid point guard, and add Stephenson to that mix and you have a solid team. Floor spacing is definitely a key issue with the Hornets, as Walker/Stephenson/Gilchrest is awful from a floor spacing perspective, but they will be decent.

7. Miami- They kept Bosh and Wade, and added Luol Deng and Josh McRoberts.. Thats a solid top 3 right there and McRoberts is a good role player... But outside of that they suck tbh.

8. Atlanta- Well they added a solid defender in Thabo and they will get the return of Horford next season, so they will certainly be dangerous when you factor in Millsap and Teague are already there. And I can't forget the Pacer killer Korver either.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 07-17-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Default Re: Rank the East

1. Chicago
    2. Cleveland
    3. Washington
    4. Indiana
    5. Toronto
    6. Charlotte
    7. Miami
    8. Brooklyn

There's your 8 seeds in perfect order.
    Here we come lottery?

1. Cleveland. Irving Lebron and either Wiggins or Love.
    2. Chitown- Mirotic and Pau are the real deal. McBuckets should be an upgrade from Dunleavy. If Rose gives them avg point guard play, they are elite.
    3. Ind- Still got defense
    4. Wiz- PP > Ariza in playoffs. Bench much better
    5. Raps- Everyone gets older, better.
    6. - McBob + Lance. Walker, MKG older, Al Jeff big injury but Zeller should step up.
    7. Atlanta- Spurs East + Horford.
    8. Heat- Good system. Napier should be upgrade over PG abomination last year. Loss of LBJ hurts, but McBob + Deng are still good players.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

1) Cleveland -- Yeah Lebron makes that much of a difference in record, especially since Irving and the others will actually play instead of Wade...I predict they go higher than the 55 the Heat won last year.
    2) Washington -- Like the addition of Pierce and more growing up will make them better.
    3) Indiana -- Still a very good team with a chance to go back to the ECF
    4) Toronto -- The default Atlantic division winner, probably will not beat or have home court against the 3rd place Central team
    5) Chicago -- Still can't trust Rose until I see a full season from him, but could be higher if he's healthy and his MVP self
    6) Miami -- I think being way overlooked, Bosh is going to be a beast this year, Deng will be a good addition, and Wade will probably be better and more used in regular season
    7) Charlotte -- Interesting team, could work out really well for them, or could be a total disaster, not sure where exactly
    8) Brooklyn -- Another team people are forgetting, Lopez back and healthy makes them a sleeper team, still got the players to make the playoffs

Atlanta didn't really improve outside of getting Horford back and the East did overall improve a little bit. The Knicks still aren't that good, and Detroit, Milwaukee, Orlando, Boston and Philly (order from 11 down imo) are all not that good.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

1. Cleveland
    2. Washington
    3. Chicago
    4. Toronto (because they are the best team in the Atlantic)
    5. Miami
    6. Indiana
    7. Charlotte
    8. Atlanta

5 through 8 are all really close and pretty much all better than Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Chicago
    2. Cleveland
    3. Washington
    4. Indiana
    5. Toronto
    6. Charlotte
    7. Miami
    8. Brooklyn

There's your 8 seeds in perfect order.
    If it was perfect Toronto would be the 4 seed since they won the Atlantic.

1. Wiz
    2. Cavs
    3. Bulls
    4. Raptors
    5. Pacers
    6. Hornets
    7. Knicks
    8. Bucks (Bucks or Orlando for the surprise!)

Heat just miss.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    1. Cleveland
    2. Washington
    3. Chicago
    4. Toronto (because they are the best team in the Atlantic)
    5. Miami
    6. Indiana
    7. Charlotte
    8. Atlanta

5 through 8 are all really close and pretty much all better than Toronto.
    How is Miami without LeBron better than Indy? I don't get that at all...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1.Cleveland
    2.Indiana
    3.Washington
    4.Toronto
    5.Chicago(4th seed but Division)
    6.Charlotte
    7.Miami
    8.Atlanta
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge_24 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1. Cleveland
    2. Pacers
    3. Washington
    4. Toronto
    5. Chicago - Will have a better record than TOR
    6. Charlotte
    7. Atlanta
    8. Miami

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    How is Miami without LeBron better than Indy? I don't get that at all...
    I think they have a better coach, the players, even without LeBron, have better chemistry than ours. Luol Deng is a really good replacement on both ends. I think Chalmers and Cole got a bad wrap from the playoffs and are still solid options at point guard. Josh McRoberts has ended up as a really good power forward, and they still have the MLE and biannual exception available. I think they will have a rough start to the season, but as they go on they'll get a primary ballhandler established and Spoelstra will have adjusted to the lack of LeBron.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

1. Cleveland
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Washington
    5. Toronto
    6. Miami
    7. Atlanta
    8. Brooklyn

Think Charlotte and New York are close. Milwaukee, Detroit, Boston in the next group, and Orlando and Philadelphia still blow.

1) Chicago*
    2) Indiana
    3) Washington*
    4) Toronto*
    5) Cleveland (3rd best record)
    6) Atlanta
    7) Miami
    8) Charlotte

*-Division winners

Top three could end in any order
    1. Indiana
    2. Chicago
    3. Cleveland

Five of these nine will make playoffs
    4. Miami
    5. Washington
    6. Toronto
    7. Atlanta
    8. Brooklyn
    9. Charlotte
    10. New York
    11. Boston
    12. Detroit

Bottom dwellers
    13. Milwaukee
    14. Orlando
    15. Philadelphia

I don't see how people think the Nets will be a playoff team. Losing Pierce, Blatche, and Livingston will hurt a lot (assuming Blatche doesn't re-sign).

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    1) Chicago*
    2) Indiana
    3) Washington*
    4) Toronto*
    5) Cleveland (3rd best record)
    6) Atlanta
    7) Miami
    8) Charlotte

*-Division winners
    Spot on, possibly with a reversal of Chicago and the Pacers. At any rate, I think the conference title is a toss-up between your 1-4 teams.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johndozark View Post
    Top three could end in any order
    1. Indiana
    2. Chicago
    3. Cleveland

Five of these nine will make playoffs
    4. Miami
    5. Washington
    6. Toronto
    7. Atlanta
    8. Brooklyn
    9. Charlotte
    10. New York
    11. Boston
    12. Detroit

Bottom dwellers
    13. Milwaukee
    14. Orlando
    15. Philadelphia
    Exactly what I was thinking.

I think many of you buy too much into the hype of Cleveland and Chicago.

Cleveland - Irving and James, who is running this offense? Kyrie needs the ball, but its Lebron's team. Wiggins, he needs the ball as well. Bennett? Who the hell knows. Mike Miller is about the only known role on the team.

Chicago- Derrick Rose healthy? Can he play at the NBA speed and intensity for a whole season? Log Jam at the 4-5. Can McDermot find his stroke early and defend well enough to stay on the floor. Will Noah stay healthy enough to play with feet hurting? Remember he wears those French shoes that are probably killing his feet.

Hard to rank these teams but here goes

1)Indiana
    2)Cleveland
    3)Toronto
    4)Chicago
    5)Miami
    6)Washington
    7)Charlotte
    8)Atlanta

With one major note here. The None of the 8 playoff seeds will finish under .500. The East will be very close. If you look at last years teams. They all got out of the gate very slow, and every single team had great 2nd halves.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I think they have a better coach, the players, even without LeBron, have better chemistry than ours. Luol Deng is a really good replacement on both ends. I think Chalmers and Cole got a bad wrap from the playoffs and are still solid options at point guard. Josh McRoberts has ended up as a really good power forward, and they still have the MLE and biannual exception available. I think they will have a rough start to the season, but as they go on they'll get a primary ballhandler established and Spoelstra will have adjusted to the lack of LeBron.
    They used their MLE on McRoberts and their Bi-Annual Exception on Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    They used their MLE on McRoberts and their Bi-Annual Exception on Danny
    They would have if they had signed LeBron. They signed before they went over the cap.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

this thread is way too early. Too many dominoes left.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think most of you are way over-looking the Heat, they're still gonna be really good. Pacers, Cavs, Bulls, Heat are gonna be top 4 teams in the East easily and the rest will fight for the other spots. That's just my opinion as of right now though, Kstat is right it's still early and we don't know what rosters will be come season time.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Its hard to say until I know what that final Cleveland roster is going to look like. As it stands now?

1. Chicago
    2. Indiana
    3. Miami
    4. Toronto* (because they won their crappy division, Cleveland and Washington with better records)
    5. Cleveland
    6. Washington
    7. Charlotte
    8. Atlanta

I really think there are three tiers though, The top 3 is a toss up between Indiana, Chicago, and Cleveland, could go any way depending on how the season plays out. Next tier is Miami and Washington, who are a slight step below the top three and also a toss up. Charlotte, Toronto, and Atlanta are another step down from the others and round out the bottom.

Even though I said Miami and Washington were a step below, I kinda think anything could happen with that top 5 (except Toronto, don't believe in them much) in the East in the playoffs as far as who comes out of the East. Chicago is the best team on paper but Gasol's age and Rose's knees are huge question marks, I think the others are fairly even.

If Cleveland gets Love though, they are the clear favorite.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 07-17-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

Cleveland
    Washington
    Pacers
    Miami
    Chicago
    Knicks
    Raptors
    Atlanta
    Why so SERIOUS

They would have if they had signed LeBron. They signed before they went over the cap.
    You're right. I forgot about that.

There aren't many good options left, but they do have those exceptions.

I don't think they'll be better than the Pacers, but I think they will be better than most give them credit for.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".