Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 490

Thread: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

  1. #201

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Take it for what its worth but over on the Pistons forum, most of them think its a good pick-up for us. No one is saying he is garbage or trash or anything.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  3. #202
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Just throwing a couple tweets from the Pistons beat write from the Detroit Free Press here







    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #203
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Let me just say...."welcome to the Pacers...Rodney Stuckey"....since nobody else in this thread seems to want to do that. Can we just wish for the best for the guys who are on the team?

  6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  7. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    garbage. He sucks. He was suppose to replace Billups in Detroit but never happened. He has already hit his ceiling.
    Ha!

    According to you, the whole world sucks.

  8. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he have a mid-range shot?
    Yes but I dont think it translates. He played a lot of 4 in college. His strength was passing from the high post area imo. He has a good handle as well. But due to his lack of strength and athleticism I dont think his tools play at the NBA level. In addition if he can't shoot the ball from 3 that hurtd his passing game and ball handle. Defenses will take away his passinv angles, and driving lane.

    Guys like Lance are rare if Solo had Lances body and athleticism he would be near all star caliber long term. Solo has a skill lecel that is pretty good and his iq is excellent ig just doesn't play well with the tools.

  9. #206

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me just say...."welcome to the Pacers...Rodney Stuckey"....since nobody else in this thread seems to want to do that. Can we just wish for the best for the guys who are on the team?
    Welcome Rodney Stuckey! I wish him the best of luck here, and I think he's getting a severely bad rep here and undeservedly so.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  11. #207
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,615

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Does anyone have any details of the terms for the deal?

    1 Year deal at how much?

    What's our Salary Cap situation afterwards?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #208
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Hes 28 years old and averaged 13.9 pts a game last year. I mean he doesn't suck..... Contemplating how I wouldn't use that same argument wit ET.


    how is Stucky defensively, Kstat if your around? Or anyone.

  13. #209

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    "I think pacer fans will be suprised by him,hes still a decent defender,passer,ball handler and can still get to the rim.I really do hope he can resurect his carrer in indy."

    Here is a post from the Pistons forum, most of them think he will fit in well and do well here.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  15. #210

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have any details of the terms for the deal?

    1 Year deal at how much?

    What's our Salary Cap situation afterwards?
    It would have to be vet minimum I believe.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  17. #211
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    fun fact: Rodney Stuckey averaged more shots than the ball dominant Lance Stephenson last year, shot a worse percentage, less assists and less rebounds.......

    and every single Lance hater loves the signing!

    Makes sense.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  19. #212
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    610
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate Stuckey the player, but I can see what the logic is here at least on a one year deal. That's pretty low risk and he's at least talented. I think Miles obviously is your starter just because he is more reliable IMO in terms of what he does, plus he is not as ball dominant. Stuckey is our attempt to replace some of Lance's slashing, which is about the only thing Stuckey even does somewhat competently. He certainly won't make us worse, but I don't think he will make us noticeably better. I am contrary to some of you in that I like that Larry is trying to keep our future flexibility while attempting to at least batten down the hatches for this season.

    A lot of this season rides on the shoulders of George Hill, not Roy Hibbert IMO. Hill must return to being the 15, 5, 5 guy he was two seasons ago before Lance started to become a more primary ball handler. If Hill can do that, then this loss will not sting as much.

    I'm guessing this contract is vet minimum? We couldn't sign him to any other amount correct?
    I'm going to have to go ahead and basically agree with you here. I'm not a big fan of Stuckey's game. For one, he is a poor shooter. But he can drive to the basket. I agree that his place is off the bench and maybe with the second unit, he can fit in and score some points for us.

  20. #213
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Don't ever change people who call other people on this forum "haters"

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #214
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,615

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just throwing a couple tweets from the Pistons beat write from the Detroit Free Press here






    The Pacers signed him to the Vet Minimum?

    If this is the case.....Stuckey may have some faults and strengths....whether the signing and fit is good or not......at that price.....this is a very good signing. Again....look at this purely from a signing and value standpoint......the guy was a Player averaging 6th Man to Starter Minutes for his entire career and he was signed a very good price.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  24. #215
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't ever change people who call other people on this forum "haters"
    It was cool when they were Danny haters though right?
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  25. #216

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fun fact: Rodney Stuckey averaged more shots than the ball dominant Lance Stephenson last year, shot a worse percentage, less assists and less rebounds.......

    and every single Lance hater loves the signing!

    Makes sense.
    One is getting 9 million the other is getting vet minimum....

  26. #217
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was cool when they were Danny haters though right?
    I don't know what you're saying here, but I'll guarantee you I liked Danny Granger more than just about anyone on this board.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  28. #218
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One is getting 9 million the other is getting vet minimum....
    Yeah there is a reason for that.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  29. #219
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,241

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fun fact: Rodney Stuckey averaged more shots than the ball dominant Lance Stephenson last year, shot a worse percentage, less assists and less rebounds.......

    and every single Lance hater loves the signing!

    Makes sense.
    Sad Fact: Lance Stephenson is gone. Happy opinion: We are better off because he is a huge reason the team imploded last year.

  30. #220
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fun fact: Rodney Stuckey averaged more shots than the ball dominant Lance Stephenson last year, shot a worse percentage, less assists and less rebounds.......

    and every single Lance hater loves the signing!

    Makes sense.
    He shot a whopping 0.5 more shots and made 0.4 fewer shots, and got to the free throw line 4 times per game making 3.3 of them. The rest of it, there is a reason why Stuckey is signing for the vet min while Lance is signing for 9 million.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  32. #221

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...every single Lance hater loves the signing!
    Who on this forum "loves" the signing of Stuckey????

    the best I have read is "at least the price is right and it is only one year!"
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-16-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  33. #222
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what you're saying here, but I'll guarantee you I liked Danny Granger more than just about anyone on this board.
    Oh I know, and I didn't. That's why I find it funny you are getting worked up over someone using the term hater.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  34. #223

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah there is a reason for that.
    I don't see anyone disputing that, so I am really failing to see your point. Rodney Stuckey at the minimum is good value.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  36. #224

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me just say...."welcome to the Pacers...Rodney Stuckey"....since nobody else in this thread seems to want to do that. Can we just wish for the best for the guys who are on the team?
    Coming from a guy who's trashed a current Pacer until he signed with someone else today? Sure.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  38. #225
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I know, and I didn't. That's why I find it funny you are getting worked up over someone using the term hater.
    I would be shocked if you could find a post of mine where I called someone a hater in a serious tone.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •