Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 490

Thread: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

  1. #226
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who on this forum "loves" the signing of Stuckey????
    Probably everyone getting worked up about my comment.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  2. #227
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,212

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah there is a reason for that.
    Don't get mad at us. Only have your boy Lance to blame. If he wanted to be here he would be here.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  4. #228

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    6 coaches in 7 years is a lot, and it's not like the coaching environment in Detroit was good last year. Who knows it'll be interesting too see if he mans up.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  6. #229
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be shocked if you could find a post of mine where I called someone a hater in a serious tone.
    You can tell tone through text?

    Was my tone serious?
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  7. #230
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,212

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coming from a guy who's trashed a current Pacer until he signed with someone else today? Sure.
    Trashed? I'm on record for saying I wanted Lance back at what the Pacers offered. If thinking he is over-rated is trashing then I am guilty.
    Last edited by presto123; 07-16-2014 at 10:23 PM.

  8. #231
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,633

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fun fact: Rodney Stuckey averaged more shots than the ball dominant Lance Stephenson last year, shot a worse percentage, less assists and less rebounds.......

    and every single Lance hater loves the signing!

    Makes sense.
    Hater....is that what you think anyone that is okay ( love would be too strong of a word here ) with this signing?

    Since Lance was gone, what options did we have to sign anyone that put up as good #s as Lance did?

    The answer is that there is no one that the Pacers can sign with the limited Cap Space that we have now.

    I can't speak for others, I wish that it could be more.....but given our limited funds and limited Free Agent signing options....he's no Lance.....but at the price that we signed him at ( assuming that it is with for the Vet Minimum....on a 1 year deal ), I am okay with the signing.

    BTW...just because I am okay with the signing.....it doesn't mean that I am okay with Lance leaving. What has happened.....has happened...no need to cry over spilled milk.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  10. #232

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 coaches in 7 years is a lot, and it's not like the coaching environment in Detroit was good last year. Who knows it'll be interesting too see if he mans up.
    This is true, you see talk about his attitude and such, but he has never been in a good, consistent environment really.

  11. #233
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 coaches in 7 years is a lot, and it's not like the coaching environment in Detroit was good last year. Who knows it'll be interesting too see if he mans up.
    You wonder how anybody would be good with that type of environment.

  12. #234
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hater....is that what you think anyone that is okay ( love would be too strong of a word here ) with this signing?

    Since Lance was gone, what options did we have to sign anyone that put up as good #s as Lance did?

    The answer is that there is no one that the Pacers can sign with the limited Cap Space that we have now.

    I can't speak for others, I wish that it could be more.....but given our limited funds and limited Free Agent signing options....he's no Lance.....but at the price that we signed him at ( assuming that it is with for the Vet Minimum....on a 1 year deal ), I am okay with the signing.

    BTW...just because I am okay with the signing.....it doesn't mean that I am okay with Lance leaving. What has happened.....has happened...no need to cry over spilled milk.
    I ain't crying.

    I just find it funny that of all the negative things said about Lance, the player that fits those complaints more than anyone on the market is Stuckey.

    Attitude, ball dominant, can't shoot, poor body language......

    I'm just really angry, that's all. I don't like those kind of players either. And Stuckey isn't in the development stages anymore. Not only that, I bet he starts because we will need his ball handling ability in the starting line-up more than we will need Miles shooting.

    BTW Welcome to the Pacers Rodney Stuckey!
    Last edited by Taterhead; 07-16-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  13. #235

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ain't crying.

    I just find it funny that of all the negative things said about Lance, the player that fits those complaints more than anyone on the market is Stuckey.

    Attitude, ball dominant, can't shoot, poor body language......

    I'm just really angry, that's all. I don't like those kind of players either. And Stuckey isn't in the development stages anymore. Not only that, I bet he starts because we will need his ball handling ability in the starting line-up more than we will need Miles shooting.
    I have more hope for Stuckey attitude wise than I do Lance. Lance has been in a good consistent environment here in Indy, and its tough to argue he didn't play a a significant part in that crumbling the second half of last season. Stuckey has been in a bad environment, surrounded by a new coach every year, and other bad attitudes around him. We don't need him to be a great teammate, and be a leader etc. Just show up, do your thing, and keep problems to a minimum.

  14. #236
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is true, you see talk about his attitude and such, but he has never been in a good, consistent environment really.
    so at least the pacers locker room will be nothing new...

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  16. #237

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see anyone disputing that, so I am really failing to see your point. Rodney Stuckey at the minimum is good value.
    This does nothing to improve the team. That is the idea isn't it A other sad day for pacer fans management just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. You saying it's good value just confirms that this is a bad move You don't know what your talking about

  17. #238
    Member indy_nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    33
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Well this off season sux balls.

  18. #239

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This does nothing to improve the team. That is the idea isn't it A other sad day for pacer fans management just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. You saying it's good value just confirms that this is a bad move You don't know what your talking about
    Well, gee it does? Damn I didn't know. Oh well, lets just cut him now. No sense in letting it play out. As for the last part i'm not even going to respond to trolling, which is clearly all you are going for.

  19. #240
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ain't crying.

    I just find it funny that of all the negative things said about Lance, the player that fits those complaints more than anyone on the market is Stuckey.

    Attitude, ball dominant, can't shoot, poor body language......

    I'm just really angry, that's all. I don't like those kind of players either. And Stuckey isn't in the development stages anymore. Not only that, I bet he starts because we will need his ball handling ability in the starting line-up more than we will need Miles shooting.
    The funny thing is that of all the people that did complain about Lance's bad traits, a pretty good majority of them would be happier if he were still a Pacer.

    But I doubt he starts; I think we will see a lot of Paul George handling the ball and the Hill + West point guard by committee in action more often. Having Miles on the wing will help our offense.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  21. #241
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ain't crying.

    I just find it funny that of all the negative things said about Lance, the player that fits those complaints more than anyone on the market is Stuckey.

    Attitude, ball dominant, can't shoot, poor body language......

    I'm just really angry, that's all. I don't like those kind of players either. And Stuckey isn't in the development stages anymore. Not only that, I bet he starts because we will need his ball handling ability in the starting line-up more than we will need Miles shooting.
    In comparison, Stuckey has been in an unstable environment whereas Lance has been in about as stable of an environment as possible. No that doesn't excuse the behavior, but it is something worth noting.

    Idk why you're pissed though. It was Lance's decision not to be here. He moved on, so we signed a player with a similar skill set at the vet minimum. That's about as low risk, high reward as you're going to get. If he's an issue, you cut ties with him and that's the end of it.

    On another note - you're obviously a huge Lance fan, why not follow him to CHA? (not meant rudely) but you seem like you were more a fan of him than you are of the Pacers (or at least the other players on the roster)
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-16-2014 at 10:37 PM.

  22. #242
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,340

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Seriously, its a one year deal. If he acts up and becomes a problem, just boot his *** out.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  24. #243
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In comparison, Stuckey has been in an unstable environment whereas Lance has been in about as stable of an environment as possible. No that doesn't excuse the behavior, but it is something worth noting.

    Idk why you're pissed though. It was Lance's decision not to be here. He moved on, so we signed a player with a similar skill set at the vet minimum. That's about as low risk, high reward as you're going to get. If he's an issue, you cut ties with him and that's the end of it.

    On another note - you're obviously a huge Lance fan, why not follow him to CHA? (not meant rudely) You seem like you were more a fan of him than you are of the Pacers (or at least the other players on the roster)
    Seriously Ace?

    I'm a Pacers fan. I've been a Pacers fan since I was ******** my pants and I'll be a Pacers fan when I start ******** my pants again.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 07-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  26. #244

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He either shoots 3's or drives to the rim.
    Shooting 3's and layups don't count lol? I guess you'd rather him shoot a bunch of midrange jumpers, right?

  27. #245
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    This forum could use a little more pants poopin' to lighten up the mood.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #246
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha!

    According to you, the whole world sucks.
    To be fair, the world does kinda suck :P
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  31. #247
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This forum could use a little more pants poopin' to lighten up the mood.
    That's almost as funny as the Pacers being labeled a "stable environment"
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  32. #248
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Ya know what? I'm pretty happy with it- its a VET MINIMUM. As much as you guys hate Stuckey, you know he's better than that. Also, we knew we were going to be in a financial bind this off-season. What do you expect?
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  33. #249

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This forum could use a little more pants poopin' to lighten up the mood.
    that would just bring out the poopy haters.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  34. #250
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be shocked if you could find a post of mine where I called someone a hater in a serious tone.
    Don't be a hater, hater.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •