Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    LaVoy will play over Ian. I am sure of it, unless Frank is still nuts. Ian has bad big man skills. I mean, when you can't even catch the rock and complete a dunk. Good god. I am also not sold on CJ Watson sticking around........... YET.
    Lavoy is a decent insurance policy but he's shown me no reason to want him taking Ian's minutes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Lavoy is a decent insurance policy but he's shown me no reason to want him taking Ian's minutes.
    The guy has a jump shot for starters. In the end, we'll see what Frank does but just remember........ LaVoy is Larry's guy. Ian was a Walsh signing. Larry traded for LaVoy and then re-signed him. I know coaches ultimately make the decision, but if Ian isn't traded before training camp, I think Larry has sent a subtle message LaVoy COULD POSSIBLY BE our backup center of the future. Similar to the role Taj Gibson filled for Chicago for many years. Not comparing the two players, but I think LaVoy can be our Taj Gibson in terms of his role on the team, in the future.

Grimp, what do you mean by jump shot? Lavoy has a career average of .350 from 10-16 ft, and that percentage has gone down every year he has been in the league. Ian in comparison has a career average of .353 (with two of those seasons being .471 and .500) from that range. His 16 to 3PT is better than Ian's, but it is still just .342 vs .325.

P.S. I think Vogel needs to go look at how Dallas used Ian offensively since he shot 55.6% while with Dallas, including 48.8% from 10 to 16 feet.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 07-21-2014 at 11:30 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I think Vogel will have a lot of options to look at.

Start GHill at PG with Stuckey at SG, to help Hill bring the ball up court.

Start Stuckey at PG and move GHill to his natural position of SG.

Start GHill at PG and Miles at SG to spread the floor.

I think I am starting to like the Stuckey and Miles signings. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Not sure you should have much faith in Vogel making meaningful lineup adjustments
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Grimp, what do you mean by jump shot? Lavoy has a career average of .350 from 10-16 ft, and that percentage has gone down every year he has been in the league. Ian in comparison has a career average of .353 (with two of those seasons being .471 and .500) from that range. His 16 to 3PT is better than Ian's, but it is still just .342 vs .325.

P.S. I think Vogel needs to go look at how Dallas used Ian offensively since he shot 55.6% while with Dallas, including 48.8% from 10 to 16 feet.
    Yes, the original Grimpism is back and in full force: The fallacy of LaVoy Allen, sharp shooting big man.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post

If you saw LaVoy in the playoffs vs. Boston in 2012, he is a good jump-shooter. Especially off pick n roll.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you saw LaVoy in the playoffs vs. Boston in 2012, he is a good jump-shooter. Especially off pick n roll.
    So what you're saying is that you're willing to take a hot 6 game series as stronger evidence than a 3 year career statistic?

Sounds about right.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 07-22-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

The guy has a jump shot for starters.
    Not a very good one.

shooting averages by distance:
    13-14
    10-15ft: 28.6%
    16ft-<3pt: 36.7%
    3pt: 15.4%
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2014/

12-13
    10-15ft: 36.0%
    16ft-<3pt: 34.2%
    3pt: 0%
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2013/

11-12
    10-15ft: 41.5%
    16ft-<3pt: 36.8%
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2012/
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

About the Lavoy Allen love, I get it. He has the potential type game that would fill a complimentary need that allows other guys to do other things well. He is one of the few real potential rebound guys who could control the boards on defense and get extra possessions. We miss a Jeff Foster type or really a DD type. He has alot of holes in his game to be a regular so far, but I see the attraction, for sure.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    About the Lavoy Allen love, I get it. He has the potential type game that would fill a complimentary need that allows other guys to do other things well. He is one of the few real potential rebound guys who could control the boards on defense and get extra possessions. We miss a Jeff Foster type or really a DD type. He has alot of holes in his game to be a regular so far, but I see the attraction, for sure.
    I like his game because he fights for rebounds and knows his limits offensively. But he plays within his limits aggressively, and he makes decisions quickly. Ian is aggressive, but he sometimes tries to do too much.

I'd like to see lavoy play at the 4 for us, though.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Mood

LaVoy will play over Ian. I am sure of it, unless Frank is still nuts. Ian has bad big man skills. I mean, when you can't even catch the rock and complete a dunk. Good god. I am also not sold on CJ Watson sticking around........... YET.
    Honestly, if they would have thought he was going to be behind Roy forsure they would have signed him for more than a 1 year deal, I doubt anything is clear cut with any of the back up roles... and I do mean any of them. The best thing you can say is that CJ or Rodney will be a back up 2.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Honestly, if they would have thought he was going to be behind Roy forsure they would have signed him for more than a 1 year deal, I doubt anything is clear cut with any of the back up roles... and I do mean any of them. The best thing you can say is that CJ or Rodney will be a back up 2.
    Ian will be gone by next Summer if not before. I don't see how he gets re-signed, so I think because of that? LaVoy will play over him. They need to know if LaVoy is good enough for a longer deal.

Mood

Ian will be gone by next Summer if not before. I don't see how he gets re-signed, so I think because of that? LaVoy will play over him. They need to know if LaVoy is good enough for a longer deal.
    Ok
    Why so SERIOUS

Stuckey is a guy that really does interest me. He has always been a thorn in our side I feel, and I think he may be playing below his potential. We are the franchise that can mold a guy named Lance, who 90 percent thought would be out of the league in no time, into a pretty good player. I don't know what attitude Stuckey has, but he has similar tools and size compared to Lance, so there is no reason he can't buy in and put in the work and have a career year here and maybe even a longer home. If he can have a career year then I feel that we can possibly win a title. Still though his 3 point shooting is atrocious at times, but so was Lance's at one point. Not saying Stuckey is the answer, or he can learn to shoot still, or have a career year here, just that he has the chance to and I hope he does. CJ Miles just doesn't seem to have that raw talent to be a good two way player. Seems more like a bench guy to me who is a good but streaky three point shooter. I think this is Stuckey's last chance and at this point he is the penciled in starter next to PG and hopefully he at least comes through for a bigger payday even if it is somewhere else. If we can win it all with Stuckey and Miles replacing Lance, then I'm fine with that and the Lance wounds will be healed. We were the best team in the NBA last year for a long time and it wasn't until something happened that it all imploded. If Lance really was the problem then this team should pick up where it left off and Stuckey and Miles should assimilate well into such a good team.