Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

This thread has turned from amusing to laughably embarrassing.

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/aaaaaaaaaaaaahaha/
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what makes me cope? The fact that I don't have to watch Lance mope around on offense and defense for reasons only known to him!

That crap is contagious in that your team isn't going to play like a team when one guy is acting like that. I went to every game, this is something that wasn't always noticeable on TV but after All Star break this crap would happen every game. Dude would just stand around mope, pout, hanging his arms and stand around then call for the ball or decide to get in a defensive stance when his man got the ball.

Is Lance a good team player? If you answer that honestly there's nothing else to discuss.
    If you were watching lance mope, then you weren't watching Roy mope, or West not even bother to block out, or Hill stand around, or PG complain. People who pick on Lance for this obviously were to busy watching him to realize that there was an issue with the entire starting unit for the second half of last year, and that Lance was in many ways the least of our worries or problems. At least he could still pass and dribble, putting him above Roy and Hill in capability, and at least he tried to rebound and block out, putting him above Roy and West in effort.
    Danger Zone

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    If you were watching lance mope, then you weren't watching Roy mope, or West not even bother to block out, or Hill stand around, or PG complain. People who pick on Lance for this obviously were to busy watching him to realize that there was an issue with the entire starting unit for the second half of last year, and that Lance was in many ways the least of our worries or problems. At least he could still pass and dribble, putting him above Roy and Hill in capability, and at least he tried to rebound and block out, putting him above Roy and West in effort.
    Our team was easy championship favorites the first half of the season. Lance was a pass first guy, lance got snubbed from the All Star team and went into full ME mode.
    Our team worked because our starting five were all unselfish, all believed, trusted each other. When 1 of those 5 loses that, it's done.

Not blaming it all on Lance, there are things that could've been done, but I do believe he played a huge role in it.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If anyone is listening to Grady and Big Joe right now, Vince Ellis from the Detroit Free Press is on talking about Stuckey.

A few points from the IV:

**Stuckey was immature and insubordinate his first few years, but he's been on good behavior the last 3 years or so.
    **Thinks Stuckey is a steal at the vet minimum.
    **Thinks he'd be good as the 5th starter or the 6th man.
    **Not a guy to run the team, but knows his game and sticks to his strengths: gets to the rim and gets to the FT line (which we knew). Doesn't try and do too much, just sticks to what he does well.
    **When engaged he is a solid defender.
    **Self Aware. Is honest about his issues, and speaks his mind - which has gotten him in trouble in the past. Should do better in a change of scenery.
    I caught most of that as well. He also said Stuckey KNOWS he is not a three point shooter and doesn't try to press the issue. He might take it if he is caught with the ball and only a couple seconds left on the shot clock.

Sounds like a player who understands his own weaknesses.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    True. But the plan B was Turner. A much more mature, polished, and smoother version of Lance. No one can get excited about Rodney Stuckey. So this means losing faith in the front office.
    I highly doubt plan b was really Turner.

I always thought Stuckey was an aggressive drive to the hoop kind of player with some athleticism.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

10. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can only hope at the end of the year everybody (me included), will have to admit the signing was better than they thought. I know there are some who are more optimistic than others, but it doesn't seem like expectations are too high for Stuckey. The one thing I will say is that if he comes off the bench and averages his 13 pts and doesn't do anything stupid, then this signing will be a wild success.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If anyone is listening to Grady and Big Joe right now, Vince Ellis from the Detroit Free Press is on talking about Stuckey.

A few points from the IV:

**Stuckey was immature and insubordinate his first few years, but he's been on good behavior the last 3 years or so.
    **Thinks Stuckey is a steal at the vet minimum.
    **Thinks he'd be good as the 5th starter or the 6th man.
    **Not a guy to run the team, but knows his game and sticks to his strengths: gets to the rim and gets to the FT line (which we knew). Doesn't try and do too much, just sticks to what he does well.
    **When engaged he is a solid defender.
    **Self Aware. Is honest about his issues, and speaks his mind - which has gotten him in trouble in the past. Should do better in a change of scenery.
    It's a pretty high quality talent to get for a vet minimum salary, IMO. And unlike Turner, he will have an entire training camp and pre-season to learn how the team operates. I'm optimistic.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I highly doubt plan b was really Turner.
    I think at the time of the trade, plan B was absolutely Turner. He just wasn't a fit and by the end of the playoffs the front office had pretty much ruled out a return of the Villain.

Mood

I just do not understand why this move has been made, not a forward thinking type of move for what this team needed... Another guy who can not stretch the court, I say the only way this can work is if we plan to use him more as a point than a SG, allowing Hill to shot from range. But either way would have rather enjoyed a move that could help bring in a true point with some range than Stuckey.

I also wish that we would have allowed Solomon Hill to get more PT..., what is the point of signing a senior, and letting him sit on the bench for 2 years, just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I really wonder what the starting lineups will be though, there is a lot that can go on...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It's a pretty high quality talent to get for a vet minimum salary, IMO. And unlike Turner, he will have an entire training camp and pre-season to learn how the team operates. I'm optimistic.
    I think he used to try to do too much, but I also guess they wanted him to be a leader as well...
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    You might want to re-read what I wrote, as I highlighted that these actions were contagious. You can pinpoint Lance wanting to be an All Star and his actions having a ripple effect on team. It's draining. And none of the guys mentioned besides Lance purposely disengaged from the play and visibly showed that they did not care.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Detroit has been really bad since 2011. If a player is upset about a coach who obviously is over his head and the team is unprepared game in and game out, I don't have a problem with that when he's on a bad team. Guys like Tracey McGrady and Ben Gordan were equally insubordinate (or worse) while with the Pistons. Are the players the reason that the Pistons had 6 coaches in 7 years or should Joe Dumars take the blame? Several coaches and player quit on the Pistons and that points to the front office, IMO.

I think Stuckey will be a good citizen on a better team with better coaching.
    That's an awfully rosy way of putting it....especially since neither TMac and Ben Gordon were bad apples here. Bad players yes, but insubordinate? No.

The irony of you mentioning TMac is he was the one that yanked Stuckey aside after one of his suspensions and ripped him in a players-only meeting for his total lack of responsibility. It looked especially bad since TMac was a low paid role veteran just passing through for a year while Stuckey was supposed to be part of the core.

Other than that, the above post was spot-on.

I see we're in the fiction part of the conversation where you revise history and tell me who was the real major locker room problem during Stuckey's time here, just throwing in random names in order to make the guy you never followed until until yesterday look better by comparison.

Like I said, I get it. May as well give the guy a chance. But don't go off the deep end and tell me what "really" went on with the team I follow and you don't.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-17-2014 at 11:46 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    If plan B was Turner, don't you think Turner would be on the team? He's still a free agent, we still have his bird rights (i would assume), and we still have the same possibilities to cut salary that we did for Lance. Turner was not plan B.
    Ok aamcguy I was under the impression his bird rights expired on the 11th or the 17th?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    That's an awfully rosy way of putting it....especially since neither TMac and Ben Gordon were bad apples here. Bad players yes, but insubordinate? No.

The irony of you mentioning TMac is he was the one that yanked Stuckey aside after one of his suspensions and ripped him in a players-only meeting for his total lack of responsibility.

Other than that, the above post was spot-on.

I see we're in the fiction part of the conversation where you revise history and tell me who was the real major locker room problem during Stuckey's time here.
    I really don't like reading this stuff.

Seems like we traded one locker room issue for another. Except the first one was significantly more talented.

Why? A serviceable guard would have been fine. No need to take this risk. The only positive is that if he is an issue, we can just waive him. Of course, my fear is..he'll know that..play well for the season, and we'll give him a bigger/longer contract, where the issues might start.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

Seems like we traded one locker room issue for another. Except the first one was significantly more talented.

Why? A serviceable guard would have been fine. No need to take this risk. The only positive is that if he is an issue, we can just waive him. Of course, my fear is..he'll know that..play well for the season, and we'll give him a bigger/longer contract, where the issues might start.
    I really hope this is an audition for another team lol. I hope he does well this coming season, but I'm really banking on a temporary relationship.

Its like a bad breakup, and RS is nothing more than a cheap rebound.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ok aamcguy I was under the impression his bird rights expired on the 11th or the 17th?
    Why would they expire? If they expired, we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Lance if he waited like he did because HIS would have expired too.

We didn't offer him a RFA tender, but I don't think they renounced his rights. The only reason they would have done that is if they had 0 intentions of signing him regardless of their situation or if his cap hold counts against our hard cap figure, in which case his rights have been renounced by now.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Stuckey's "issues" all seem to be from 3 years ago. Really think people are blowing it way out of proportion. Their beat writer said himself that Stuckey has been a pretty model citizen for about 3 years now, even with continued constant coaching changes and personnel turnover.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Stuckey's "issues" all seem to be from 3 years ago. Really think people are blowing it way out of proportion. Their beat writer said himself that Stuckey has been a pretty model citizen for about 3 years now, even with continued constant coaching changes and personnel turnover.
    and the 3 point line...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Speaking of turnover, while his assist numbers went down by a bunch last year his turnovers stayed as high as ever. Not really the best sign going forward...
    Why so SERIOUS

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

Maybe the FO isn't as concerned with locker room issues as the fans are?

Also, I don't think it's an easy thing to find a "serviceable" guard for a minimum contract. Whoever we signed for the minimum was bound to have some issue or another (probably youth and/or inexperience, of which we already have plenty on the roster). As I've said, beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Why would they expire? If they expired, we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Lance if he waited like he did because HIS would have expired too.

We didn't offer him a RFA tender, but I don't think they renounced his rights. The only reason they would have done that is if they had 0 intentions of signing him regardless of their situation or if his cap hold counts against our hard cap figure, in which case his rights have been renounced by now.

So you're saying there's a chance they still have his rights? And that would allow them to make him an offer if they choose to do so?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So you're saying there's a chance they still have his rights? And that would allow them to make him an offer if they choose to do so?
    Remember we're hard capped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    Remember we're hard capped too.
    Well if they move Scola and Ian in a deal and CJ. I think that maybe would open up enough to sign Turner. That would be like what 9 mil in salary gone? This Stuckey move just doesn't seem like "the replacement" to me.

Compared to what,P?