Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 490

Thread: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

  1. #326
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Beggars can't be choosers.

  2. #327

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No because I don't want to speculate now with proposals while the board is in this state of mourning over how this whole thing played out. But....... I just don't see this as a sensible move. Nothing adds up here. This move would be a desperation move for a team when a player just pulls out of negotiations on the fly and bolts. Ala Elton Brand being a Clipper that one year? Until Philly swooped in at the very last second with a max deal and he bolted for Philadelphia. But if the Lance talks broke down in week 1? They had to be constructing something to replace him long term and be an upgrade. A front office of Bird and Pritchard I don't see just grabbing a Rodney Stuckey and trotting him out as the replacement for a guy like Lance. I could be wrong, but it doesn't add up. A 1 year deal for a physically smaller player, who's been a backup his whole career? And... who doesn't shoot nearly as well as the last guy? I don't buy it.
    We are probably in rebuilding mode. West is a short timer, Hibbert is unreliable, and we need a legitimate PG.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  4. #328
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,557

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    It is kind of funny that we got Stuckey for the minimum and Orlando paid Ben Gordon $4.5 million.

  5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  6. #329

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why add a replacement for Lance specifically who is smaller, and not as skilled a shooter as he is? And who isn't starting quality?
    Because all you have to spend is the minimum salary, that's about what you expect to get on a minimum salary offer, and no readily movable/expendable assets get you a whole lot more.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  7. #330
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That makes my cope.
    You know what makes me cope? The fact that I don't have to watch Lance mope around on offense and defense for reasons only known to him!

    That crap is contagious in that your team isn't going to play like a team when one guy is acting like that. I went to every game, this is something that wasn't always noticeable on TV but after All Star break this crap would happen every game. Dude would just stand around mope, pout, hanging his arms and stand around then call for the ball or decide to get in a defensive stance when his man got the ball.

    Is Lance a good team player? If you answer that honestly there's nothing else to discuss.
    Last edited by freddielewis14; 07-17-2014 at 10:11 AM.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  9. #331
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,530

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quoted T Birds idea in another thread, but babysitting Lance can wear on players and coaches.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  11. #332
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is kind of funny that we got Stuckey for the minimum and Orlando paid Ben Gordon $4.5 million.
    That's going to be a good expiring contract next year (or this year, since its a team option) for a team that needs to hit the salary floor. If they rehab that player they can easily grab a bad MLE signing and an asset if Gordon regains his shooting form.

    I think that contract was fine.

  12. #333

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are probably in rebuilding mode. West is a short timer, Hibbert is unreliable, and we need a legitimate PG.
    Yeesh. If we really are going into rebuild mode and the front office has nothing up its sleeve this Summer, then fans are gonna bolt. Attendance will drop drastically.

  13. #334

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeesh. If we really are going into rebuild mode and the front office has nothing up its sleeve this Summer, then fans are gonna bolt. Attendance will drop drastically.
    WTF ?? We lost 1 starter. That's rebuilding ?? Come on folks .............

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  15. #335
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what makes me cope? The fact that I don't have to watch Lance mope around on offense and defense for reasons only known to him!

    That crap is contagious in that your team isn't going to play like a team when one guy is acting like that. I went to every game, this is something that wasn't always noticeable on TV but after All Star break this crap would happen every game. Dude would just stand around mope, pout, hanging his arms and stand around then call for the ball or decide to get in a defensive stance when his man got the ball.

    Is Lance a good team player? If you answer that honestly there's nothing else to discuss.
    Yeah good thing we've got no mopers on the team on the team now

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  17. #336
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah good thing we've got no mopers on the team on the team now
    LOL nice! I love the drippiness of the sarcasm to accentuate the point. Well done sir.

  18. #337
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Start Watson, Miles, George, West, Hibbert and bring Stuckey, G Hill, Rudez, Copeland, Mahinmi off the bench. GG.

  19. #338
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah good thing we've got no mopers on the team on the team now
    I'm pretty sure I highlighted that it's contagious. I'm sure you're singling out Roy, but every player reacts when losing or playing bad. There is a difference between being frustrated with your play and pouting EVERY SINGLE GAME because you don't get the ball, or you're pulled, or you're just Lance being Lance. You clearly didn't see what I'm talking about. My girlfriend is not basketball savvy, but went from asking why Lance was doing that, to just pointing out "there he goes again."

  20. #339
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    If anyone is listening to Grady and Big Joe right now, Vince Ellis from the Detroit Free Press is on talking about Stuckey.

    A few points from the IV:

    **Stuckey was immature and insubordinate his first few years, but he's been on good behavior the last 3 years or so.
    **Thinks Stuckey is a steal at the vet minimum.
    **Thinks he'd be good as the 5th starter or the 6th man.
    **Not a guy to run the team, but knows his game and sticks to his strengths: gets to the rim and gets to the FT line (which we knew). Doesn't try and do too much, just sticks to what he does well.
    **When engaged he is a solid defender.
    **Self Aware. Is honest about his issues, and speaks his mind - which has gotten him in trouble in the past. Should do better in a change of scenery.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  22. #340
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure I highlighted that it's contagious. I'm sure you're singling out Roy, but every player reacts when losing or playing bad. There is a difference between being frustrated with your play and pouting EVERY SINGLE GAME because you don't get the ball, or you're pulled, or you're just Lance being Lance. You clearly didn't see what I'm talking about. My girlfriend is not basketball savvy, but went from asking why Lance was doing that, to just pointing out "there he goes again."
    Singling out Roy? As a moper? No way!

  23. #341

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF ?? We lost 1 starter. That's rebuilding ?? Come on folks .............
    True. But the plan B was Turner. A much more mature, polished, and smoother version of Lance. No one can get excited about Rodney Stuckey. So this means losing faith in the front office.

  24. #342
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure I highlighted that it's contagious. I'm sure you're singling out Roy, but every player reacts when losing or playing bad. There is a difference between being frustrated with your play and pouting EVERY SINGLE GAME because you don't get the ball, or you're pulled, or you're just Lance being Lance. You clearly didn't see what I'm talking about. My girlfriend is not basketball savvy, but went from asking why Lance was doing that, to just pointing out "there he goes again."
    I'm pretty sure that Hibbert has him beat as far as public pouting.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Harddrive7 For This Useful Post:


  26. #343

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But the plan B was Turner. A much more mature, polished, and smoother version of Lance. No one can get excited about Rodney Stuckey. So this means losing faith in the front office.
    Oh - let's not put any of this on any of the players.

  27. #344
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Singling out Roy? As a moper? No way!
    I'm not sure what your point is. All I'm saying is I think the biggest problem is off the team. Does Roy have a lot to work on? Absolutely. But I believe the main culprit for the slump was one of our best playmakers making plays for himself/stats and acting immaturely on the court.

  28. #345
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But the plan B was Turner. A much more mature, polished, and smoother version of Lance. No one can get excited about Rodney Stuckey. So this means losing faith in the front office.
    Evan Turner couldn't get off the bench in the playoffs. He's not better than Lance at anything except sitting on the bench.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  30. #346
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ] He's not better than Lance at anything except sitting on the bench.
    Lol, I don't know if you meant it this way, but literally.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  32. #347
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,341

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not better than Lance at anything except sitting on the bench.
    I'm not convinced of this. I don't recall Lance shoving another player aside for a bench seat at anytime in the last three years (when Lance actually sat on the bench, of course).

    **** Evan Turner, **** the horse he rode in on, and good ****ing riddance.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  34. #348
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But the plan B was Turner. A much more mature, polished, and smoother version of Lance. No one can get excited about Rodney Stuckey. So this means losing faith in the front office.
    If plan B was Turner, don't you think Turner would be on the team? He's still a free agent, we still have his bird rights (i would assume), and we still have the same possibilities to cut salary that we did for Lance. Turner was not plan B.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 07-17-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  36. #349
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure what your point is. All I'm saying is I think the biggest problem is off the team. Does Roy have a lot to work on? Absolutely. But I believe the main culprit for the slump was one of our best playmakers making plays for himself/stats and acting immaturely on the court.
    we'll find out next year. (although watch people blame Born Rodney--maybe even rightfully. Call me a Purdue fan, but if you are getting a backup 1/2, why not sign someone like E'Twaun Moore, who you know is at least good in the locker room.

  37. #350
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,244

    Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quoted T Birds idea in another thread, but babysitting Lance can wear on players and coaches.
    I will "Thank" this post x10. The Pacers are still flawed because of the the slowness of the overall team but at least I will not have to watch Lance lollygagging around on defense and get aggressive when he wants to. Lance has ability but it is too unreliable.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •