Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

Default Re: Pacers sign Rodney Stuckey

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the amount of dislike for Rush here has always perplexed me.
    Me too, I don't understand why people are unable to change expectations of a young player on a rookie contract when it is obvious they are not capable of meeting those expectations. I can understand with established players. Rookie contract players on the other hand may not be what you want, but they may be able to provide another role at a high level. When it became obvious Rush wouldn't be able Granger's Robin I adjusted my expectations. I realized he could still play a role on this team, and provided quality minutes in that role. Most people though, couldn't get past that he wasn't going to be a Robin. As well I think JOB grossly misused him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Then you guys are crazy. Lebrons concerned about his legacy, he felt that the Cavs had a better shot to win in the future than the Heat did. Wiggins was part of that equation.
    Because playing with that rookie meant so much more than playing with Irving, Sideshow Bob, Waiters and the other proven players, plus the chance to go home?

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, he's not the best player in the world, but he's on a 1 year veteran minimum contract...if he's so terrible he won't play and either be traded or never be back, or he could actually do a little bit of good and surprise some folks.

I have now been relaxed with the thought of Lance gone and Stuckey being here on a short contract. The Pacers can still contend to win the Eastern Conference, and now won't be in complete cap hell with a team that I firmly believe would've exploded (chemistry, not off the court too much) and had a Murphleavy like experience again.

This is Roy Hibbert and George Hill's chances to prove how good they are. If Miles is starting, Roy has more room to operate in the paint, and George Hill can be more aggressive about shooting the ball, he's going to be the open guy.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post

This thread is full of lols - thanks for the amusement
    For a moment I thought Troy Murphy was coming back on a giant contract and JOB got rehired as head coach.

That's chapter II of the new 3 year plan.

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cheezus, it's one signing. For a decent player who, considering his role over the last few seasons, will more than likely be coming off the bench. He helps us fill the Lance void but by no means do I think that he is his replacement. There's lots more off-season left, Pacer fans, and I don't feel like we have our starter yet.
    And even if we don't do anything else, my only concern right now is about Hill, PG, West and Hibbert. Let's not forget, in the middle of all this doom and gloom about Lance leaving, that these guys also play for us. And in spite of Hibberts sappy Instagrams, they're the ones most positively affected by him being gone. All I wanna see is Roy Hibbert get himself right with God and stay that way, George Hill be aggressive, play more two guard and start shooting the lights out, David West stay healthy and keep being a bad MF, and Paul George grow, grow, grow like an All-Star weed. Beyond that, there's very little I'm concerned about at this point.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

On the flip side, it's not like good players have helped our bench. Let's try a bad one and see what happens.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

the amount of dislike for Rush here has always perplexed me. he's an intelligent basketball player. Solo's basically a blank slate, I don't know how you could compare the "basketball IQ" of him to anyone unless you watched a bunch of Arizona games.
    Brush would panic if he had to dribble more than twice, its why you had to hide him on offense, killer one on one defender , okay team defender, more his cat like quickness than recognition and recover type bball iq stuff. Brush had nearly no instinctual bball ability, often guys were waiving him away to another area.

Solo I have not seen much, its true BUT everytime I've watched him he'll always be help ready he'll help the helper, he'll block out a big who went for the shot challenge. I see alot of Derrick Mckey type plays that dont get a stat but cover up mistakes. He runs lanes on a break, hits the outlet. His half court team offense isn't there, but in traffic he seems to have a feel for where guys are, offensively he was clever in college so i think that will come.

I hate to disagree with you, Walter, I hardly ever do.

garbage. He sucks. He was suppose to replace Billups in Detroit but never happened. He has already hit his ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post

BS Stephenson shoots just fine.
    He either shoots 3's or drives to the rim.

Decent signing, I wanted us to sign him. He doesn't need to play 30 minutes a game, and he is a decent player who can be a playmaker for our bench and split time with Miles, so its a good signing. No matter what anyone says, one thing we were lacking was a playmaker, and Stuckey can do that. Vogel for the most part has also shown he can do a good job of handling egos and attitudes, so I am optimistic.

I think it is a legitimate question to wonder what Lance will look like next year when he does not have Paul George next to him. It is one that we have not discussed at all, but it means that Lance will be the primary focus of the opposing team's best wing defender every night. What will he look like when he's being defended by guys like Lebron, PG, Luol, etc. every night.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I don't know, I thought Rush was an intelligent player. I think Solo is probably the 3rd or 4th most intelligent player on the team. It's one of his strengths.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

It'll be a crap signing if he winds up starting, which I don't anticipate, at least initially. If he's in a second unit scoring role, it's a reasonable get given the circumstances. Uninspiring? Absolutely! But our backs are really against the wall here.

Of more legitimate concern is figuring out how to get a real point guard on this team. I'd go so far as to say we don't have even one true point guard. I know. I know. Our offense doesn't require one. I guess I have a philosophical difference with our approach.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

20. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I think it is a legitimate question to wonder what Lance will look like next year when he does not have Paul George next to him. It is one that we have not discussed at all, but it means that Lance will be the primary focus of the opposing team's best wing defender every night. What will he look like when he's being defended by guys like Lebron, PG, Luol, etc. every night.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Brush would panic if he had to dribble more than twice, its why you had to hide him on offense, killer one on one defender , okay team defender, more his cat like quickness than recognition and recover type bball iq stuff. Brush had nearly no instinctual bball ability, often guys were waiving him away to another area.

Solo I have not seen much, its true BUT everytime I've watched him he'll always be help ready he'll help the helper, he'll block out a big who went for the shot challenge. I see alot of Derrick Mckey type plays that dont get a stat but cover up mistakes. He runs lanes on a break, hits the outlet. His half court team offense isn't there, but in traffic he seems to have a feel for where guys are, offensively he was clever in college so i think that will come.

I hate to disagree with you, Walter, I hardly ever do.
    I watched a bunch of Arizona games Solo is a very intelligent player. Very well coached and was always in thd righg position. However I dont lile his jump shot mechanics and like i thought his nba range wasn't there. Solo isnt half the athlete Rush was coming out of college as well. Solos key is his jump shot he must figure out how to make the 3 ball or he won't last.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    He either shoots 3's or drives to the rim.
    Or my personal favorite, the foot on the line or 1 foot inside the 3 point line long jumper.

I don't remember Rush being particular unintelligent. I don't remember thinking either way on his intelligence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Me too, I don't understand why people are unable to change expectations of a young player on a rookie contract when it is obvious they are not capable of meeting those expectations. I can understand with established players. Rookie contract players on the other hand may not be what you want, but they may be able to provide another role at a high level. When it became obvious Rush wouldn't be able Granger's Robin I adjusted my expectations. I realized he could still play a role on this team, and provided quality minutes in that role. Most people though, couldn't get past that he wasn't going to be a Robin. As well I think JOB grossly misused him.
    It us hard to have a guy play a robin to another player who, at his best, was also a robin.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I watched a bunch of Arizona games Solo is a very intelligent player. Very well coached and was always in thd righg position. However I dont lile his jump shot mechanics and like i thought his nba range wasn't there. Solo isnt half the athlete Rush was coming out of college as well. Solos key is his jump shot he must figure out how to make the 3 ball or he won't last.
    Does he have a mid-range shot?

If Solo shows up with a corner 3 this year then he will be able to give us 15-20 MPG on the wing. Also just needs to learn to play within himself when he has the ball.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    It us hard to have a guy play a robin to another player who, at his best, was also a robin.
    That is what you took away from that paragraph?

the amount of dislike for Rush here has always perplexed me. he's an intelligent basketball player. Solo's basically a blank slate, I don't know how you could compare the "basketball IQ" of him to anyone unless you watched a bunch of Arizona games.
    Brush is an intelligent player who gave his max 45% effort.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I believe Solo has changed his shot form a bit since he has been working with a shooting coach.

Brandon Rush would've been exactly what we needed off the bench last season.

Unless Bird pulls off a grand trade, I'm not thrilled about the Pacers' chances next season. It seems like we took a step back rather than another step forward today.

Sports Logo

The one thing Stuckey is good at is getting to the FT line.....but he didn't take that many 3pt shots....nor was he good at hitting them. I PRAY TO GOD that Vogel understands this and properly utilizes his strengths ( get to the FT line ) and I hope that he doesn't force him to do something that he's not good at ( take 3pt shots ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: