Thread: For those on the feel-good bandwagon, remember how insufferable and gutless Roy Hibbert played last post season

Banned
    Mood

Default For those on the feel-good bandwagon, remember how insufferable and gutless Roy Hibbert played last post season

Not trying to do an "I told you so" (because there's nothing to tell right now) or kill the good vibes we as fans have had lately. But, Roy is still an abomination on the offensive end, and despite the absence of PG, he's still an elite advanced stats factor on the defensive end. Whatever that tells you is... whatever.

Just wanted to remind everyone how Roy Hibbert played the most gutless basketball I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing in my 20 years as a Pacer fan last playoffs. I was dead-set on having him shipped out at the end of last year, and nothing really has changed that opinion.

Default Re: For those on the feel-good bandwagon, remember how insufferable and gutless Roy Hibbert played last post season

So calling out everyone is your go to move? Cool story.

Banned
    Mood

Default Re: For those on the feel-good bandwagon, remember how insufferable and gutless Roy Hibbert played last post season

reading comprehension cool retort bro

play the game Painter Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

this stupid thread's going to be deleted, but some of you guys gotta get a hold of yourselves, this place is getting ******.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If you want a Player gone, fine.....you are entitled to your opinion. But you don't have to come off as condescending to those that have a different opinion of a Player than you don't like by creating a thread just to say "See, he sucks....I told you so".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Lord help me....

Here is my problem. This post doesn't really advance anything. I mean at the end of the day Roy Hibbert did not even play tonight and over our 7 game winning streak he has played very limited minutes and his offensive usage has been really at a season long low I believe.

So I'm not sure what bandwagon we are talking about here? Pacer's bandwagon? Well, this is a Pacers web site so it really shouldn't be to much of a stretch to think that at least a good number of us should be on the Pacers bandwagon. The Roy Hibbert Bandwagon? I'm not sure I'm seeing one. I mean I get that there are no end to the posters who will not allow a negative Roy post to go unanswered but some of that is back to this being a Pacer board and Roy being a Pacer.

So there is a part of me that thinks this is just inflammatory for no reason. It's like getting worked up because it is raining in Indiana in March.

On the other hand, I believe everyone has a right to an opinion.

Roy is a lightning rod that is for sure. But you have to be prepared for the variety of posts that are going to come your way proclaiming how wrong you are.

I beg everyone, please for the love of God, keep this above board and nobody call anybody names or get out of line or have it so there aren't post after post after post reported to the admins. If his opinion offends you so much that you can't stand it do us all a favor and place him on ignore. I implore all of you to do that as often as you can, put people on ignore who upset you.

I'll keep an eye on it as best as I can (I'll be on the road for most of the day) but for now I'll let it stand.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Peck, I respect your opinion more than that of any other here. I'm not trying to work up anyone, but I am trying to keep some perspective. If I recall correctly, you were just as upset as I was last post season with Roy's play. What I'm trying to do here is remind everyone of how ****ing awful and disrespectful it was before another playoff run. Sports and sports fans are as near-sighted as it gets.

Sports Logo

Not sure why people get angry at a guy who's discussing the Pacers on a Pacers forum.

We all know Roy. We all know he has ups and downs, beast games and terrible games, streaks and slumps, etc. He is who he is. An above average player who lacks the consistency (and probably the mental strength) to be an elite player. However, he's our starting center and a key part of our defense. All we can do is hope he finds his streak during the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    If you want a Player gone, fine.....you are entitled to your opinion. But you don't have to come off as condescending to those that have a different opinion of a Player than you don't like by creating a thread just to say "See, he sucks....I told you so".

I agree this doesn't need it's own thread, and the OP could be less hyperbolic. But I could dig up plenty of posts by a variety of people that could easily be interpreted by those who don't share their outlook as harsh, uncalled for, or even insulting. I won't do so because I'm not calling anyone in particular out. It's just something that happens around here (and many other forums of this nature).

As to the content of the OP, I agree with some of the points, not necessarily the expression. And while I'm not as fervent in my stance on Roy definitely needing to be shipped out, neither do I feel particularly strongly that he shouldn't be, assuming, of course, you get something decent in return.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Not sure why people get angry at a guy who's discussing the Pacers on a Pacers forum.

We all know Roy. We all know he has ups and downs, beast games and terrible games, streaks and slumps, etc. He is who he is. An above average player who lacks the consistency (and probably the mental strength) to be an elite player. However, he's our starting center and a key part of our defense. All we can do is hope he finds his streak during the playoffs.
    This covers it for me.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    What I'm trying to do here is remind everyone of how ****ing awful and disrespectful it was before another playoff run.
    My question is this. Why do you need to remind everyone what happened last season? Does it help with anything? Does it apply to this season? I just don't see the point of this.

That said, you obviously have every right to post whatever you want.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    Not trying to do an "I told you so" (because there's nothing to tell right now) or kill the good vibes we as fans have had lately.

In unrelated news, maybe I've been away a while but I'm unable to find the "Ignore this Thread" option. Can anyone refresh my memory?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

don't worry i locked it
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post: