Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread 3/12/2015 - Pacers Vs. Bucks

Sports Logo

Default Post Game Thread 3/12/2015 - Pacers Vs. Bucks

Pacers 109
    Bucks 103

Game Winning Streak!

Stuckey and Scola continues to carry us from the bench. I'm not saying that Hibbert was missed....but what he offers....specifically his Rim Protection is missing in the 2nd half. TO BE CLEAR, I'm not saying that Hibbert's offense nor lack of rebounding could have been crucial to winning this game....I'm saying that you can tell how important it is to have a Rim Protector on the floor at all times. I'm glad that Scola and West was able to hold their own at times.....but when you have Zaza as the biggest and longest Player on the floor.....you can see our defense lacking at times.

Great win during a crucial game of the season.

Thoughts?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Post Game Thread 3/12/2015 - Pacers Vs. Bucks

I think we upgraded going from Lance to Stuckey.
    Welcome back George Hill!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Pullled from the Game Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess I'm going to be the negative one, per usual. I think this team is going to be throttled by the Celtics on Saturday. But I've been wrong before.
    Thanks, a reverse

I think that we will have problems if we don't have Hibbert in the game.....PURELY for his Rim Protection. We can make it through spurts with a West/Scola/Lavoy Frontcourt....but not for extended periods of time. Your namesake can hold his own and will help us....but we are way too vulnerable without a Rim Protector on the floor at all times.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Pulled from Post Game Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Refs were awful but Scola, George Hill, Mahinmi, and Stuckey were awesome.
    I really hope that GH's shoulder is fine......I don't want to find out that he hurt his shoulder

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    . . . Stuckey and Scola continues to carry us from the bench. I'm not saying that Hibbert was missed....but what he offers....specifically his Rim Protection is missing in the 2nd half. TO BE CLEAR, I'm not saying that Hibbert's offense nor lack of rebounding could have been crucial to winning this game....I'm saying that you can tell how important it is to have a Rim Protector on the floor at all times. I'm glad that Scola and West was able to hold their own at times.....but when you have Zaza as the biggest and longest Player on the floor.....you can see our defense lacking at times.

Great win during a crucial game of the season.

Thoughts?
    i think it is safe to say it. The Pacers really missed Roy tonight. If he had been playing, the game would never made it to OT. The only guy the Bucks had that had half a chance to guard Roy is Zaza. And he only has half a chance.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Had Hibbert played, we could have limit them to under 90, which should always be the goal for this team. But I'll take this win any day. Roy may not be our best player offensively but we do need him for defensive purposes. Mahinmi can't do it alone.
    Pacers + Colts + Seahawks = Game mode on!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollar For This Useful Post:

Yeah, the officials were horrible. It is never a good thing when you think Bennett Salvatore is the best official on the court.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I think we upgraded going from Lance to Stuckey.
    I agree. Stuckey > Lance, and I mean he's greater then Lance at his best.
    If we can sign Stuckey with the MLE it's a coup compared to the contract that was offered to Lance.
    If we can keep Stuckey with a healthy PG next year then we have the additional scorer we need. Stuckey's emergence has to have Bird ready to stand completely pat this summer. Keep Stuckey and Scola then add our picks and sit back until next year.

Anytime you can win a game of 8 on 5, it's an accomplishment.

We're now at 30 wins. Remember, there were some experts that didn't think we'd get to 30 all season. Yet we did it with a ton of injuries and unexpected problems.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

And give Kidd credit, he deserves it, but Giannis is really the big difference maker there. Even without getting stats, he changes the complexion of the game a ton for the Bucks. Suddenly they became good defensively with great rebounding when he's in, and he put a ton of pressure on our D tonight.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Hill was holding his shoulder on the bench and even when he was checking back into the game. I'm worried about that.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    i think it is safe to say it. The Pacers really missed Roy tonight. If he had been playing, the game would never made it to OT. The only guy the Bucks had that had half a chance to guard Roy is Zaza. And he only has half a chance.
    Before anyone jumps on this.....I think it's safe to just say that Roy's Rim Protection and length was missed.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone who watched Milwaukee impose their will in the paint in the first quarter and still thinks Roy's defense is superfluous needs to find an optometrist whose kids need college tuition.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Anytime you can win a game of 8 on 5, it's an accomplishment.

We're now at 30 wins. Remember, there were some experts that didn't think we'd get to 30 all season. Yet we did it with a ton of injuries and unexpected problems.
    We are also only 4 game under .500. Thats pretty awesome, 2 months ago I wasn't sure were capable of finishing above .500 this season.

We also have the longest Win streak in the league right now at 7. Spurs have 6, and still might win tonight against Cleveland.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    And give Kidd credit, he deserves it, but Giannis is really the big difference maker there. Even without getting stats, he changes the complexion of the game a ton for the Bucks. Suddenly they became good defensively with great rebounding when he's in, and he put a ton of pressure on our D tonight.
    Especially since it is evidently OK for him to hook the defender every time he makes his spin move. Once or twice is OK, but he gets away with it every single time.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wonder why coach did not use Rudez more in this game. I guess it's a wise decision.

And yes, Stuckey is our best player but I will argue that Scola has been the MVP for this season as a whole. Scoring and rebounding wise, he's killing it. And all the intangibles he brings every game. He has like 1 or 2 steal per game, that's hustle man! He has improved so much while West regressed a bit. All in all, I'm satisfied, this is indeed a great character win. When every thing went against us, we still got the W.
    Pacers + Colts + Seahawks = Game mode on!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    I wonder why coach did not use Rudez more in this game. I guess it's a wise decision.
    The Bucks were attacking Rudez every chance they had. IMHO, I think that this was one of the times when his shortcomings were very apparent against a really athletic and quicker Team.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    I think it's because Giannis is just a nightmare match-up for him. Rudez just couldn't do anything when he was assigned to him and I honestly don't think there's anything he could have done differently.

I thought Solo Hill really did an incredible job guarding Giannis on the defensive side of things tonight.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I agree. Stuckey > Lance, and I mean he's greater then Lance at his best.
    I'm not a Lance Supporter....but I don't entirely agree with this. Right now...yeah, Stuckey > Lance....but Lance, at his best, was able to take over, control the flow of the game and was a HUGE difference / impact Player. When Lance was on, he was controlled chaos that very few Teams had answers to.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I think it's because Giannis is just a nightmare match-up for him. Rudez just couldn't do anything when he was assigned to him and I honestly don't think there's anything he could have done differently.

I thought Solo Hill really did an incredible job guarding Giannis on the defensive side of things tonight.
    Totally agree on Solo.......there was one play where Giannis was trying to make some move towards the basket...and Solo just draped himself all over Giannis . At no point, he didn't fall for any pump fakes...nothing. He just used his strength, patience and length to bother Giannis enough ( even if he was a few feet from the basket ) to miss the shot.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm not a Lance Supporter....but I don't entirely agree with this. Right now...yeah, Stuckey > Lance....but Lance, at his best, was able to take over, control the flow of the game and was a HUGE difference / impact Player. When Lance was on, he was controlled chaos that very few Teams had answers to.
    I'd agree with that, but that description can fit with Stuckey at his best as well.
    Welcome back George Hill!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Solo just keeps reminding me of Derrick McKey with a more aggressive offensive game, it's almost uncanny, and scary just how good our wings will be defensively next season when PG is 100%.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Solo just keeps reminding me of Derrick McKey with a more aggressive offensive game, it's almost uncanny, and scary just how good our wings will be defensively next season when PG is 100%.
    I'm not going to agree until McKeyFan chimes in on the comparison

42. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

for the love of everything can we please for the love of god just leave the Lance topic alone. Hes gone and he is playing like horse ****, why do we have to talk about him in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that is made about this team. I dont give a **** about a SG for the hornets, I am watching my favorite team mesh together.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

44. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Anyone who watched Milwaukee impose their will in the paint in the first quarter and still thinks Roy's defense is superfluous needs to find an optometrist whose kids need college tuition.
    Bucks are a good team. They would have imposed their will even with Hibbert on the court. The Bucks are one of the non D lg teams in the East imo.

I dont believe Roys overall defense is worth $15,000,000. Honest question. Open to anyone and all. After "rim protection" what does bigg fella give us? would anyone wwith a straight face state "leadership"

i dont want to across like i dislike Hibbert and i apologize cause it may seem that way. nothing further from the truth. big fan of hibbs for seasons, still am but not at a pricetag of 15000000. not at what the production dictates based on other centers contributions in the same pay tier as roy.

anywhere between $8-12M is fair. With a bullseye on just over 9. approximately 5,000,0000 is considerable savings for a Small Market Franchise. I earnestly wonder if Simon will perhaps go all in next season by potentially exceeding the salary cap slightly. Cap clears considerably in 2016 as many you may know.. this team is close with a healthy PG. however, may still be that one player away too compete with the West.

15,000,000 should get you an absolute stud. is Roy a Stud. He is paid like it. Roy at 9.5 Million and im singing his praises with all of Area 55, but at 15,000,000 on the cap thats salty price for a small market Franchise competing for a Title with some teams that have 3 STUDS on the court in a league that favors popular markets.

Its not personal on Big Roy... he is a hard worker and good guy for the community.. never hear me say anything otherwise... it's about the 15,---,--- pay base allocation.

The sweet poetic justice will be Big Roy can step it up and Dominate and prove me to be a complete dumb and I hope too see it this postseason. Were gonna need Roys "rim protection" when its matters most, vs the elite in the playoffs.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post: