View Poll Results: What does the subtraction of Lance Stephenson do to our core roster and hopes of a title

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • It does nothing and we are still a top 4 team in the NBA

    51 53.68%
  • It has basically closed the window on a championship and we need to look to the next phase of our team

    44 46.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 109

Thread: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

  1. #76

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DONT FEED THE TROLL
    The next post you get right will be your first.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Hibbert? He wasn't hurt. We had him the whole time.
    Oh sorry I thought we were still exaggerating our points.

  4. #78

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Sorry, I just don't see the Pacers as a top 4 team next year with the present roster. Too many good teams in the West and maybe a couple in the East. The loss of Stephenson will hurt, but other teams will have gotten better. Too many ifs and varibles to me to feel the Pacers can be a top 4 team next year. A playoff team, sure, not a overall top 4 team. Top 4 in the EC, yeah.

    They play of an older DWest.
    Hibbert's game and his mental ability.
    G Hill's PG ability.
    Vogel's coaching. Offense and bench usage.
    Bench depth and play.
    Possible injury/injuries to key player/players.

    I have to vote NO. More in tune with looking towards the next phase.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  6. #79

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I like turtles.

    Hmmm, chocolate turtles!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  8. #80
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Man this board is friggin nuts... Nearly 3/4 of you have hurled yourselves over the cliff while holding a 100lb anchor... Pathetic really... I feel like this is a mirror image of the Heat message boards where all of the bandwagon fans are jumping off... Dont let the door hit you on the ***... Lance is had no desire to remain a Pacer... SMDH...
    2013-2014 Pacer fan's asperations...

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  10. #81
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the bright-side (I'm looking really hard for it), we can now pick up a knuckle-head without breaking the 2 knuckle-head rule.
    Got some good news for ya!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  12. #82
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    I believe this moment right here will be one that haunts the Pacers for a long time.... because I believe Lance WILL indeed become a multi year all-star and play at an all star level for most of his career... We will always look at this moment as the time where Larry was being a stick in the mud and not getting Lance inked to a deal.... Just my personal opinion...

    I normally ONLY watch Pacers basketball.... but
    I know one thing is for damn sure..... Charlotte just got 2 new fans ... Because both myself and my mother will watch Lance play on the Hornets from now on... As he is both our favorite player to watch ... When we play Charlotte of course I am gonna root for Blue & Gold to win... but I will root for Lance to do some spectacular stuff out on the court to rub it in the Pacer's FO face that they screwed up ....

    just my 2c
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  14. #83
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,592

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man this board is friggin nuts... Nearly 3/4 of you have hurled yourselves over the cliff while holding a 100lb anchor... Pathetic really... I feel like this is a mirror image of the Heat message boards where all of the bandwagon fans are jumping off... Dont let the door hit you on the ***... Lance is had no desire to remain a Pacer... SMDH...
    the hell are you talking about? no one's talking about abandoning the team.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  16. #84
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man this board is friggin nuts... Nearly 3/4 of you have hurled yourselves over the cliff while holding a 100lb anchor... Pathetic really... I feel like this is a mirror image of the Heat message boards where all of the bandwagon fans are jumping off... Dont let the door hit you on the ***... Lance is had no desire to remain a Pacer... SMDH...
    I feel the same way about the doom-and-gloomers, but I think this poll proves that they're in the minority at least :P
    My prediction: Solomon Hill is going to lead the team in Surprisingly Good Plays for the year. -10/29/2014

  17. #85

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    How is it doom and gloom to think the Pacers will not be one of the top 4 teams in the NBA next year, when this year they likely would not have been one of the top 4 teams in the Western Conference?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  18. #86
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure we're top 4 in the league, but definitely top 4 in the East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it doom and gloom to think the Pacers will not be one of the top 4 teams in the NBA next year, when this year they likely would not have been one of the top 4 teams in the Western Conference?
    There's only 2 choices in the poll, and the more negative one is in the minority. It stands to reason that the people who think we are going to miss the playoffs will have voted for that option, and they are a minority regardless of whether the true number is 10% or 100% of the voters for that option.

    I never said I thought everybody voting for the 2nd option was a doom and gloomer.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 07-17-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    My prediction: Solomon Hill is going to lead the team in Surprisingly Good Plays for the year. -10/29/2014

  19. #87
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,783

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    On paper, we are a worse team without Lance. Our top two players, West and PG, are a good top 2, but other teams in the east have better top 2 options. Cleveland, Miami, Chicago if healthy, Washington, Toronto can match up with us
    David "And One" West

  20. #88
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I would be ok with a knucklehead who had a decent sense of how good he actually is, I want nothing to do with players who think they are better than they really are.
    Roy "Franchise 55" Hibbert on offense.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  22. #89
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy "Franchise 55" Hibbert on offense.
    I do not see your point. I think Hibbert has a pretty accurate idea of how good he is.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  24. #90
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Hey, that point wasn't dumb.

  25. #91
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy "Franchise 55" Hibbert on offense.
    I'd say that Roy's problem is the exact opposite. Chances are that he thinks that he is worse than he actually is.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #92
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,816

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say that Roy's problem is the exact opposite. Chances are that he thinks that he is worse than he actually is.
    We will all agree to disagree over this one.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  29. #93
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,592

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say that Roy's problem is the exact opposite. Chances are that he thinks that he is worse than he actually is.
    maybe, but once he gets down on himself, which is OFTEN, if it makes him play worse and worse he IS playing that bad. it may start as something mental from something rather inconsequential, but once it starts snowballing it becomes reality. I don't know if he's still seeing a sports psychiatrist but if not he needs to go back immediately, and if he is maybe start sessions with a different one.

  30. #94
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say that Roy's problem is the exact opposite. Chances are that he thinks that he is worse than he actually is.
    I don't agree with that. The player who thinks that is George Hill.

  31. #95
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not see your point. I think Hibbert has a pretty accurate idea of how good he is.
    He thinks he should be a top option on offense. He blames others for not getting him the ball after getting blocked by Kyle Korver. HE complains about touches after taking repeated falling hook shouts from outside the paint. He is awe-full at holding post position. Then he stops rebounding and has tripple zero games in the playoffs. Roy couldn't even dominate on offense to make up for Alanta not having a center so he got pulled.

    Roy needs to focus on defense and take what is available on offense. We shouldn't be forcing the ball to Roy, like he wants. If Roy can't hold post position and catch the ball he shouldn't get the ball.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  33. #96

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On paper, we are a worse team without Lance. Our top two players, West and PG, are a good top 2, but other teams in the east have better top 2 options. Cleveland, Miami, Chicago if healthy, Washington, Toronto can match up with us
    I think our supporting cast matches up with those other teams as well. Cleveland is Dion Waiters who hates being there and won't come off the bench, Andrew Wiggins who hasn't played an NBA game yet, and Tristan Thompson and Varajeo. Miami has Luol Deng, McRoberts and then a bunch of crap. Washington has Gortat, Pierce, and Nene, Chicago has Noah and Gibson, Toronto has Patterson and Ross. While we have George Hill, Roy Hibbert, Rodney Stuckey, and CJ Miles. I think we match up just as well. FYI the only other team with a better top 2 is Chicago if healthy (Will Rose ever be healthy?) and Cleveland cuz LeBron.

  34. #97
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,592

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He thinks he should be a top option on offense. He blames others for not getting him the ball after getting blocked by Kyle Korver. HE complains about touches after taking repeated falling hook shouts from outside the paint. He is awe-full at holding post position. Then he stops rebounding and has tripple zero games in the playoffs. Roy couldn't even dominate on offense to make up for Alanta not having a center so he got pulled.

    Roy needs to focus on defense and take what is available on offense. We shouldn't be forcing the ball to Roy, like he wants. If Roy can't hold post position and catch the ball he shouldn't get the ball.
    I get that. But Roy wouldn't be the first player in the NBA that wants the ball every possession. The problem, to me, is that apparently one, he was allowed to develop that opinion in the first place, and two, once he expressed it no one immediately told him he was an idiot.

  35. #98
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,816

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He thinks he should be a top option on offense. He blames others for not getting him the ball after getting blocked by Kyle Korver. HE complains about touches after taking repeated falling hook shouts from outside the paint. He is awe-full at holding post position. Then he stops rebounding and has tripple zero games in the playoffs. Roy couldn't even dominate on offense to make up for Alanta not having a center so he got pulled.

    Roy needs to focus on defense and take what is available on offense. We shouldn't be forcing the ball to Roy, like he wants. If Roy can't hold post position and catch the ball he shouldn't get the ball.
    Wait, are you me? Get out of my head and stop saying things I'm thinking.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  37. #99
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will all agree to disagree over this one.
    We agreed on that a looong time ago. There is a reason why I have not posted a lot throughout this off-season.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  38. #100
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He thinks he should be a top option on offense. He blames others for not getting him the ball after getting blocked by Kyle Korver. HE complains about touches after taking repeated falling hook shouts from outside the paint. He is awe-full at holding post position. Then he stops rebounding and has tripple zero games in the playoffs. Roy couldn't even dominate on offense to make up for Alanta not having a center so he got pulled.

    Roy needs to focus on defense and take what is available on offense. We shouldn't be forcing the ball to Roy, like he wants. If Roy can't hold post position and catch the ball he shouldn't get the ball.
    I'll just use Peck's answer. I 100% disagree with you so let's agree to disagree. We are not going to see eye to eye on this and I'm really, really tired of arguing in this forum.

    Plus, there is no reason to further derail this thread. If you truly want to learn my opinion on this you're free to PM me.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •