View Poll Results: How do you feel about Lance going to the Hornets ??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARGH !! There go the championship hopes.

13 12.87%
  • SON-OF-A- .... He was really important to this team.

37 36.63%
  • EH - We can replace his actual on-court contributions.

38 37.62%
  • GOOD - he was holding this group back anyway.

10 9.90%
  • SWEET !! He was to root of the problems last year.

3 2.97%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your reaction to Lance leaving

Default Your reaction to Lance leaving

Good / bad / indifferent ??

Default Re: Your reaction to Lance leaving

Disappointed, a bit baffled, frustrated , especially since the FO nailed his market worth. I'm left, unfortunately, sorting hoping he was the cancer people were speculating for the for of the team next year.

My gut tells me that we will miss his talent but... He wanted to play somewhere else, simple as that, so I wish him well.

It's not Bird's fault that he took a roughly equal or arguably lesser offer.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Disappointed. It seems like there was a breakdown somewhere, but we developed (and dealt with headaches) and lost a young talent while getting nothing in return.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I voted "SON-OF-A..." though it's more like "Darn". He's not going to be easily replaceable, but I don't think it's impossible and I'm not torn up about it.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

So far all we know is that we offered him a contract at fair market value, and he signed a similar contract with less guaranteed money elsewhere. Until I get more details (did the Pacers pull their offer, did they offer him a 2 yr deal as well, did he just want to play elsewhere, etc) I don't have much of a reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Lance is a role-player, and he played like a role-player the last two years. He got on Sportsenter a lot so some fans think he was better than he really was. I expect the team to turn the ball over less, be more efficient, and play better team ball.

What we did just see is a team with terrific ball movement in the Spurs win a title. Lance was our best passer, but he was also our biggest ballhog, so it was a double-edged sword.

Mood

I'm kind of confused. From the moment he rejected the Pacers' initial offer, I had the mentality of "Good, don't bring him back."

And this morning, I found myself disappointed and kind of angry that he took an offer that financially is no better than what he was offered here. Now, I'm worrying that Larry's backup plan will result in the team taking a step back. Obviously hoping that doesn't happen. I guess we will anxiously await for something good to come from this.

Love / hate (Good Lance / Bad Lance) all the way. I'm sure Lance leaving will be beneficial to all of our blood pressures, from dealing with his bone headed plays and poor decision making. "Just pass it Lance, don't shuffle your feet and take this shot! Oh, he made it..." That won't be missed, LOL.

I'm not mad at the Pacers because they clearly made him the best offer. That being said, this is a brutal loss in talent and we're definitely going to feel it. We can still be fine next year if the Hibbert/West/PG/Hill core plays up to their capabilities, but I think that the loss of Lance will hurt us in the long term when we're without that nice young piece alongside PG. We better find a way to add some nice talent once West leaves.

I don't think that Lance was anywhere near the cancer that he's made out to be, but I guess the good thing is that this will be answered one way or another. Any shortcomings from Hibbet and Hill next year can no longer be blamed on Lance. If they both have awesome seasons, then I will be the first to admit that Lance's presence negatively affected their games. But if Roy once again disappears like a fart in the wind, then it will be time for everyone to admit that he has some serious issues of his own. It's going to be fascinating to see what happens here and I'll also be very interested to see how Lance's career pans out.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

I am shocked at the offer he took in relation to what the Pacers offer was and a little sick.

I get the sense that the Pacers would have had to significantly outbid Charlotte or Dallas to keep Lance. I thought it was the other way around.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh well, wish him the best and wouldn't object to him coming back. Very talented player. ..love his game. Good luck Lance.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I'd say ambivalent. I've pretty much experienced some level of all the options presented. Ultimately, the overall talent downgrade to the roster does concern me, even though I don't rule out a possible addition by subtraction scenario. I would not say I am as confident in the latter as I am worried about the former, but I recognize and hope (in the absence of more moves) it will at least be a positive result in terms of our performance/success.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We are no longer contenders.

You can put whatever happy spin you'd like to on it, but the fact is our window has closed. He was that important to our team and I think a lot of people here severely underestimate not only his skill level, but his potential as well.

Back to mediocrity we go.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Relief. But I'm not naive enough to think we won't miss his on-court production. Larry needs to swing a deal for a replacement because, as much as I like Miles, he's a role player that we need coming off the bench.

Sports Logo

Not pleased, I love the way he was not afraid of anyone. At the same time he clearly rubbed team members the wrong way and maybe we see addition by subtraction. Now KEEP ROY do not trade him. Lets see how this team does. Lets see if we can get a PG or at least start CJ and move Hill to the 2.

Eh. It'll suck losing him but it's not like the Pacers were winning a championship with him anyway.

I think we're going to start to see a gradual retooling of the core. The Pacers' first two string power forwards are both 34 years old, Roy Hibbert has yet to put together a complete season, etc. Things will look different around Paul George in a few years.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    Eh. It'll suck losing him but it's not like the Pacers were winning a championship with him anyway.

I think we're going to start to see a gradual retooling of the core. The Pacers' first two string power forwards are both 34 years old, Roy Hibbert has yet to put together a complete season, etc. Things will look different around Paul George in a few years.
    Yeah because Paul George will be in LA in a few years.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

My reaction is pretty much a mix of all 5 responses to the poll.

Dude was insulted by a longer deal for basically the same money per season.

My gut says that Lance truly wanted to go somewhere he can put up stats and get paid more than he wanted to actually compete for a championship. Good luck to him, I guess. Maybe Jordan can sit on him when he gets out of line, though I don't think that is Jordan's style as an owner.

I do think Lance was the root of a large part of the Pacers' problems because the timing coincided with Lance not making the All Star team.

Hopefully Roy will return to form and CJ Miles can start as a better 1 and Hill can slide to the 2 where even he has said he belongs

I look forward to seeing the Pacers play the Bobnets / Horcats (?). I suspect that the main entree will be Smothered Chicken ala Rucker, and it will be delicious! Gooooooo Hungry Hungry Hibbert!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Yeah because Paul George will be in LA in a few years.
    I doubt it, but who knows. But let's not pretend that the difference between PG staying or leaving is Lance Stephenson.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    I doubt it, but who knows. But let's not pretend that the difference between PG staying or leaving is Lance Stephenson.
    The difference is that players don't want to spend their prime years on a rebuilding team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    We are no longer contenders.

You can put whatever happy spin you'd like to on it, but the fact is our window has closed. He was that important to our team and I think a lot of people here severely underestimate not only his skill level, but his potential as well.

Back to mediocrity we go.
    we weren't contenders before this either. we went through probably the biggest collapse of nba history without any injury (i'm relatively young, if there is please tell me). when a team collapses in the future people will say they pulled a pacers. there was a problem, noone knows what it was but it was pretty obvious things weren't gonna get better staying the way they were (yeah that's what i think. i had zero faith those bunch of guys could solve it and turn it around). something had to change.

of course also there are his actions of which i hated even when we were winning. so i'm pretty glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    The difference is that players don't want to spend their prime years on a rebuilding team.
    Hmmmm .... #31 might disagree with that.

Lance was the most entertaining Pacer. Forget whether or not we missed out on a future all star (which I think we did), forget the maturity questions. This move makes the Pacers a far less entertaining team. I'm bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post: