Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: So what's the next move?

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: So what's the next move?

Trade Hibbert, West, Scola and Hill for 4 first round picks, 2 second rnd picks and crap expirings. Trade PG for 4 first round picks. Trade Watson to Bulls for 1st round pick as soon as Rose goes down for the year.

All the 1st rnd picks can be mix of future (15 and 16) and present (14) picks.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-18-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im pretty comfortable with what we have right now going into next season. Losing Lance will sting but its not like we've lost PG.
    I will say that this is the year that I will be the most critcal of George Hill than I have ever been. The time is now for him to prove beyond any doubt that he is worth that $8million per. Im rooting for him but I've got my closest eye on him.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

I hope we can somehow get Dragic or Bledsoe. I would prefer Rondo over both but I don't think we have the assets to get him without giving up Paul and that would be stupid to say the least. I would love if we would start Hill at SG but I also don't see that happening, Either.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A backup point guard for a cornerstone piece on a championship contending team. Of course you would do this.
    Jackson is at that point where he is coming into his own though. Also PG is our most glaring weakness is it not? We have a crap-ton of power forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Yeah no power forwards of value except for Serge Ibaka, a top 7 to 10 power forward in the league.
    Yep, but you really think they're gonna trade him to us? Nah, hence my lack of mention.

Lakers just waived Kendall Marshall, but we probably don't have the assets to get him.

Sports Logo

Larry did as well a few years ago as well. Personally I believe that Mayo's ineffectiveness on a good team in Dallas two years ago and his inability to avoid buffets last season probably soured Bird on Mayo.
    Let's hope so, we all know that once Bird has some interest in a Player that he latches onto them for years and doesn't forget about him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Lakers just waived Kendall Marshall, but we probably don't have the assets to get him.
    If he can be had for the minimum....the only offer that we can make him, I don't mind going after him. Bird said he was interested in a Pass First PG and then waive Sloan......

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Jackson is at that point where he is coming into his own though. Also PG is our most glaring weakness is it not? We have a crap-ton of power forwards.
    The Thunder are at the point with Jackson where they will either Harden him....or more than likely keep him for the long term. He did a good job filling the backup Guard postion last season. He will likely be very expensive to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post

He's only on the minimum, literally anyone can claim him

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trade for Erik Green most underrated player in basketball. I am scouting him right now. He is even better now. That year with Siena impoved his weaknesses.

He is going to be a fring allstar in a few years. All he needs is a chance.

Erik would be our starter by mid season. j think the coaching staff would be stubborn for that long.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Trade for Erik Green most underrated player in basketball. I am scouting him right now. He is even better now. That year with Siena impoved his weaknesses.

Erik would be our starter by mid season. j think the coaching staff would be stubborn for that long.
    Our team is full of combo guards. We don't need more
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's only on the minimum, literally anyone can claim him
    I thought that was true only if you had cap space. I forgot that we had a trade exception to absorb him into.

Really would like to see us get Kendall Marshall if there's no trade for a legit point guard in the works. His defense is awful, but he learned how to shoot the open 3 and his passing ability has never been in question. I would start him, move Hill to the 2 and immediately feel a lot better about the team's offense. There's next to no risk, and I think this is a great opportunity for the Pacers to acquire the elusive playmaking point guard with plus court vision.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    If he can be had for the minimum....the only offer that we can make him, I don't mind going after him. Bird said he was interested in a Pass First PG and then waive Sloan......

Sloan played really well on the summer league team. He was the best player on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    The Thunder are at the point with Jackson where they will either Harden him....or more than likely keep him for the long term. He did a good job filling the backup Guard postion last season. He will likely be very expensive to acquire.
    That's why you offer West. Gives OKC a low post scorer. Something they don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Really would like to see us get Kendall Marshall if there's no trade for a legit point guard in the works. His defense is awful, but he learned how to shoot the open 3 and his passing ability has never been in question. I would start him, move Hill to the 2 and immediately feel a lot better about the team's offense. There's next to no risk, and I think this is a great opportunity for the Pacers to acquire the elusive playmaking point guard with plus court vision.

CJ Miles is at the 2 already.

Quote Originally Posted by wtelfair View Post
    Sloan played really well on the summer league team. He was the best player on the team.
    He was one of the better players on the summer league team last year too. It doesn't mean anything when he can't shoot for crap in the regular NBA season.

He's a great emergency PG, and I love having him on the team, but if CJ Watson gets hurt and misses an month again, it aint gonna be pretty with Donald having to play extended minutes.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    He was one of the better players on the summer league team last year too. It doesn't mean anything when he can't shoot for crap in the regular NBA season.

He's a great emergency PG, and I love having him on the team, but if CJ Watson gets hurt and misses an month again, it aint gonna be pretty with Donald having to play extended minutes.
    For a million bucks I think Donald Sloan is about as good of value as you can find at the point guard position. He really outshined guys like Ben Hansbrough, Travis Diener and Sarunas in similar roles IMO. If we have to move Sloan so be it, but I am more than ok paying him a million bucks and giving him a roster spot.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

For a million bucks I think Donald Sloan is about as good of value as you can find at the point guard position. He really outshined guys like Ben Hansbrough, Travis Diener and Sarunas in similar roles IMO. If we have to move Sloan so be it, but I am more than ok paying him a million bucks and giving him a roster spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Donald Sloan is a very good third stringer, but I'd challenge anyone to find a third string PG that would look good playing extended minutes if someone went down. That's not their job. Their job is not not make a complete fool of themselves if they are called on to play.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Seeing him in SL he reminds me of a quicker more athletic Sam Cassell. I love the pace he plays with and how he's in control. I agree I think he will blow up once he gets an opportunity
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

Ray Allen is still available. He would be a great replacement for Lance, and he's a proven vet.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Ray Allen is still available. He would be a great replacement for Lance, and he's a proven vet.
    I doubt Ray would want to come here. He is looking to be a sniper for a top tier title contender.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

^he's on the record as CLE or bust (retirement).

Sports Logo

I doubt Ray would want to come here. He is looking to be a sniper for a top tier title contender.
    I think a lot of people will be surprised how good this team will be without Lance Stephenson.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post: