Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 230

Thread: So what's the next move?

  1. #151
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    How does a guy who goes from a starter to a bench player have an issue with stamina? I mean my god Grimp.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,296

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Well, maybe in Philadelphia he was on the court 36 minutes, only tried half the time, and only on offense. So that's like 9 minutes if you do the math.

    Here he played his 12 minutes or whatever and had to actually try the whole time, on both ends. That's 12 minutes of effort obviously.

    That's 33% more effort than he was used to.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  5. #153

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Grimp does not care about defense.

  6. #154

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l7j3u3n

    OJ Mayo is bound to bounce back.

    Plus he has 2 more years left which is a perfect situation for us.

    Sign a backup center at minimum salary.

  7. #155

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l7j3u3n

    OJ Mayo is bound to bounce back.

    Plus he has 2 more years left which is a perfect situation for us.

    Sign a backup center at minimum salary.
    That's a low risk move, but OJ Mayo is toast. He's not much better than Stuckey. I do think it's interesting that Lance was a supposed headcase/locker room problem (with no actual evidence to support this), but the team has repeatedly shown in interest in guys who are documented headcases/locker room problems.


  8. #156
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,529

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Why are we still talking about Evan Turner? He's gone, was basically useless for our team when he was here, and has nothing to do with how we play in the future. What's being gained by rehashing Evan Turner scenarios and what if's? The answer is absolutely nothing.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


  10. #157
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    537

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I still think sometime in the next couple of weeks, Bird is going to make a trade.

  11. #158

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a low risk move, but OJ Mayo is toast. He's not much better than Stuckey. I do think it's interesting that Lance was a supposed headcase/locker room problem (with no actual evidence to support this), but the team has repeatedly shown in interest in guys who are documented headcases/locker room problems.

    Hey atleast he can make the 3 point shot.

    We need spacing!

    And Mayo would be a good fit because he can create off the dribble if needed as well.

    He had a really bad year but I feel like he can still bounce back.

  12. #159

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a low risk move, but OJ Mayo is toast. He's not much better than Stuckey. I do think it's interesting that Lance was a supposed headcase/locker room problem (with no actual evidence to support this), but the team has repeatedly shown in interest in guys who are documented headcases/locker room problems.



    I thought Monta Ellis was toast coming off of his stint in Milwaukee, but lo and behold............

  13. #160

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a low risk move, but OJ Mayo is toast. He's not much better than Stuckey. I do think it's interesting that Lance was a supposed headcase/locker room problem (with no actual evidence to support this), but the team has repeatedly shown in interest in guys who are documented headcases/locker room problems.

    I disagree. Mayo is more than just not much better than Stuckey. He's no all-star, although he has the talent, but he's better than Stuckey. And I don't think Stuckey is as bad as posters on this forum are making him out to be.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:


  15. #161
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    The more I think about the Stuckey move, the more I like it given the circumstances. He does have some qualities that will soften the blow.

    Not sure what the next move is, but I would like them to get more athletic in the front court and improve the PG position still.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  16. #162

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more I think about the Stuckey move, the more I like it given the circumstances. He does have some qualities that will soften the blow.

    Not sure what the next move is, but I would like them to get more athletic in the front court and improve the PG position still.


    Stuckey backing up Miles is fine. That point guard position is next on Larry's to do list. If we can get Dragic in there with Miles? I feel we would have improved our back court. Two bonafide shooters. They will lock, load, and launch if open. It'll make Paul and more importantly... Roy's life much easier. A point guard to get him the ball in the right spots, and a back court that if left alone for a second it's 3 instant points. Better passes to Roy, less double teams means he has a GOLDEN opportunity to return to All Star form next season. Now will he take advantage of it is the big question.

  17. #163

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I am here multiplying the list to show those who can under certain situations play a second position.
    The order in which I list them at each position is definitely not fixed and probably not how it will turn out.


    Hibbert/Mahinmi/Allen/Whittington
    West/Allen/Rudez/Scola/Copeland
    George/S. Hill/Rudez
    Miles/S. Hill/Stuckey/G. Hill/George (just listing that George can do this, not suggesting that he should)
    G. Hill/Watson/Sloan/Stuckey

    If S. Hill, Allen, and Rudez prove successful, I don't think we will need Scola, Copeland, Sloan, or Stuckey, and they become tradable. Somehow coming up with a strong point guard would let G. Hill emphasize playing the shooting guard, and our depth would be all the more impressive.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to johndozark For This Useful Post:


  19. #164
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I think we hope Bledsoe ends back up with the Suns, and pray they dangle Dragic

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  21. #165

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndozark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am here multiplying the list to show those who can under certain situations play a second position.
    The order in which I list them at each position is definitely not fixed and probably not how it will turn out.


    Hibbert/Mahinmi/Allen/Whittington
    West/Allen/Rudez/Scola/Copeland
    George/S. Hill/Rudez
    Miles/S. Hill/Stuckey/G. Hill/George (just listing that George can do this, not suggesting that he should)
    G. Hill/Watson/Sloan/Stuckey

    If S. Hill, Allen, and Rudez prove successful, I don't think we will need Scola, Copeland, Sloan, or Stuckey, and they become tradable. Somehow coming up with a strong point guard would let G. Hill emphasize playing the shooting guard, and our depth would be all the more impressive.


    Hill needs to go. Watching him play makes me ill. He reminds me of Daria from that cartoon show. Just doesn't care about anything.

  22. #166

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we hope Bledsoe ends back up with the Suns, and pray they dangle Dragic
    I do too but if they're looking for a taker, I think Larry needs to dive in. They seem to not wanna pay him is the issue. It's not like they need another PG anyways. Got like what 5 now? Sheesh.

  23. #167
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,322
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Ray Allen and Delonte West

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:


  25. #168
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,322
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Get trade exception in S&T for Lance

  26. #169

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what coaching and off season corrections are for. Turner's issue was stamina. That's all. Either way, I could get more excited about him as starting 2 guard than Stuckey. Turner's got game and has had some good games as a Sixer and a Pacer. He's a young talent at 26. Stuckey is a 28 year old bench player who shoots worse from three than Turner and really doesn't have an all around game at all.
    Ok Grimp I don't believe I have ever entertained any of your outlandish comments but what on earth has caused you to say "Turners issue was stamina. That's all?"

  27. #170

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldWayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok Grimp I don't believe I have ever entertained any of your outlandish comments but what on earth has caused you to say "Turners issue was stamina. That's all?"
    Players train differently in the off-season depending on goals and expectations. Our guys trained for a Finals run. Turner trained for just 82 games. You always hear stories around the league about players coming into camp out of shape, or not very healthy, etc right? Well if you're starting the season with Philly, you know up front NO PLAYOFFS. Certainly no ECF.

    So Turner looked good when he got here first and foremost. But as time went on, he got slower, and slower. Now most of that was he was asked to try and play defense... elite level defense. So when you tie that in, with him playing 3 rounds of playoff basketball. It's a wonder he slowed down by round 2 vs. Washington. The guy was planning his vacation to Bora Bora when he was informed he was traded. So physically, he SURELY didn't expect his season to go beyond 82 games. Players train and prep for the regular season based on expectations. If you were a Sixer last season, you expected 82 games, summer vacay, draft.

    Not to join a SERIOUS CONTENDER, and be asked to raise your game defensively through 3 levels of intense playoff basketball. Is that his fault? Mostly yeah, but the truth is guys are not in deep playoff run condition playing for cellar dweller teams. That's why most trades like that are made during the Summer. So they can have the whole off season to add extra stamina, and needed muscle to play up to the physical expectations of their new squad. Because there are actual championship aspirations on the line now, as opposed to before.

  28. #171

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players train differently in the off-season depending on goals and expectations. Our guys trained for a Finals run. Turner trained for just 82 games. You always hear stories around the league about players coming into camp out of shape, or not very healthy, etc right? Well if you're starting the season with Philly, you know up front NO PLAYOFFS. Certainly no ECF.

    So Turner looked good when he got here first and foremost. But as time went on, he got slower, and slower. Now most of that was he was asked to try and play defense... elite level defense. So when you tie that in, with him playing 3 rounds of playoff basketball. It's a wonder he slowed down by round 2 vs. Washington. The guy was planning his vacation to Bora Bora when he was informed he was traded. So physically, he SURELY didn't expect his season to go beyond 82 games. Players train and prep for the regular season based on expectations. If you were a Sixer last season, you expected 82 games, summer vacay, draft.

    Not to join a SERIOUS CONTENDER, and be asked to raise your game defensively through 3 levels of intense playoff basketball. Is that his fault? Mostly yeah, but the truth is guys are not in deep playoff run condition playing for cellar dweller teams. That's why most trades like that are made during the Summer. So they can have the whole off season to add extra stamina, and needed muscle to play up to the physical expectations of their new squad. Because there are actual championship aspirations on the line now, as opposed to before.
    You should work for TMZ, you could sensationalize so much stuff with all these assumptions.

  29. #172

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should work for TMZ, you could sensationalize so much stuff with all these assumptions.
    If you were training for something wouldn't you train with how far you planned to go or climb in mind? I saw Turner looked quicker at season's beginning with Philly, than at season's end with us. Maybe he too has been eating too much McDonald's.

  30. #173
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stuckey backing up Miles is fine. That point guard position is next on Larry's to do list. If we can get Dragic in there with Miles? I feel we would have improved our back court. Two bonafide shooters. They will lock, load, and launch if open. It'll make Paul and more importantly... Roy's life much easier. A point guard to get him the ball in the right spots, and a back court that if left alone for a second it's 3 instant points. Better passes to Roy, less double teams means he has a GOLDEN opportunity to return to All Star form next season. Now will he take advantage of it is the big question.
    There is no way we are getting Dragic man, we got nothing to offer. Pheonix will get a good offer from someone with young assets if they are trading him and we just don't have any. I don't think they wanna trade him anyways, I think they wanna play small ball and plan on using Dragic more at the two. And I personally don't want Bledsoe at 12 million a year. JMO
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  32. #174

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way we are getting Dragic man, we got nothing to offer. Pheonix will get a good offer from someone with young assets if they are trading him and we just don't have any. I don't think they wanna trade him anyways, I think they wanna play small ball and plan on using Dragic more at the two. And I personally don't want Bledsoe at 12 million a year. JMO


    Think we can get Jackson from OKC then? That situation is looking similar to the Harden thing. OKC will have to move or extend him next Summer. Not sure if they have the money.

  33. #175
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think we can get Jackson from OKC then? That situation is looking similar to the Harden thing. OKC will have to move or extend him next Summer. Not sure if they have the money.
    I think if you called OKC about Jackson they would probably want David West. And according to our FO, he is nearly untouchable. And if we were going to trade West, I'm not sure we couldn't do better than that.

    Otherwise I think they would be fine with sliding Westbrook to the 2 to replace Thabo and seeing what happens.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •