Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 230

Thread: So what's the next move?

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One SG on the roster, little to no money, no urgency to keep Lance, quiet on the rumor front. My gut tells me we're about to see a big Pacer trade out of nowhere.
    Hill, Hill, Miles, and Paul that makes for four shooting guards, not one. Players are capable of playing multiple positions. This is especially true when most people label you a combo guard like George Hill.

  2. #52
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No matter what we do next year we aren't going to be a contending team.
    That's going to extremes isn't it?

  3. #53
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill, Hill, Miles, and Paul that makes for four shooting guards, not one. Players are capable of playing multiple positions. This is especially true when most people label you a combo guard like George Hill.
    Of course players play multiple positions, but the rotation at SG cannot work the way it's currently constructed. Even if we pick up a bum, we need another SG.

  4. #54

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's going to extremes isn't it?
    Nope, not unless you define contender extremely loosely.

  5. #55
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok even if the East is wide open. I don't think it is, There are probably 8 or 9 Western teams better than us
    If you can make the Finals, you're a contending team. Granted we are still at least a move or two away, but things can change quickly as we've already seen this offseason.

  6. #56
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,594

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's going to extremes isn't it?
    Not as much as this is:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok even if the East is wide open. I don't think it is, There are probably 8 or 9 Western teams better than us
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  7. #57
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are starting CJ Miles and have one of the worst benches in the league. We have no chance to contend. You are setting yourself up for big disappointment.
    The offseason isn't over. Yeah, if it's late October, and we still have the same roster, I'll be worried. However, I'm not sure that will be the case.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  9. #58
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,594

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of my favorite sarcasm of yours is when you said that some of us wouldn't be happy until Walsh was left on an ice floe or burned at the stake.
    I don't think that was sarcasm
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  10. #59
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are starting CJ Miles and have one of the worst benches in the league. We have no chance to contend. You are setting yourself up for big disappointment.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  12. #60

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I don't see any trade that can make us better other than trading Scola for a role player because literally everyone else who is a trade asset on this team is overpaid. Every player on this team besides Paul George is overpaid.

  13. #61

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I want Rondo on this team. He is an all around pg. Only thing that lacks is his shooting. Pacers need someone who can get Hibbert and West easy points. Oh and also knows how to throw alleys to Paul George. Because the past 2 years I have seen so many times PG get open on a back door and he is expecting a lob but Hill OR Stephenson don't know how to throw one

  14. #62

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Never mind, Watson isn't overpaid either. Forgot about him.

  15. #63

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I got insulted and taunted when I said that the funk in January wasn't just a funk. I got insulted and told to go die in fact when I pointed out that Scola had collapsed.

    The simple fact is that last year we weren't that good when we came back down to earth.

    West is another year older, our bench is gonna take a serious hit when it wasn't that good in the first place when we promote Watson to starter. Hibbert will have his customary excuse for playing like **** for a good chunk of the year.

    And even if none of that happens, were still not as good as we were last year. Where as teams like the Cavs and Bulls have improved. The wizards will improve naturally. Miami can still be dangerous because of Bosh and Deng.

    Not to mention the Western teams that after January we couldn't beat consistently.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  17. #64
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see any trade that can make us better other than trading Scola for a role player because literally everyone else who is a trade asset on this team is overpaid. Every player on this team besides Paul George is overpaid.
    Let's say the Pacers traded Roy Hibbert for Robin Lopez and Wes Matthews. Would you feel as bad then? There's still some moves that can be made.

  18. #65

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's say the Pacers traded Roy Hibbert for Robin Lopez and Wes Matthews. Would you feel as bad then? There's still some moves that can be made.
    Sure if we start pulling off some Grimpesque trades I think we will all start feeling better. Why not George Hill and Scola for Chris Paul while were at it

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  20. #66
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I think people may be a little over-dramatic - yes, he will be missed, but it isnt as fatal as people think. There are many players out there that can kill his void.

    1. Beasley is available and can play SF (move PG to SG) - there isnt much difference between Lance's attitude and Beasley's;
    2. Wes Johnson;
    3. Shawn Marion at SF (move PG to SG);
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  21. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  22. #67

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's say the Pacers traded Roy Hibbert for Robin Lopez and Wes Matthews. Would you feel as bad then? There's still some moves that can be made.
    We aren't able to turn on "forced trades" like in NBA2K.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  24. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see any trade that can make us better other than trading Scola for a role player because literally everyone else who is a trade asset on this team is overpaid. Every player on this team besides Paul George is overpaid.
    I disagree. Paul still has yet to prove himself, we are still banking on his potential. West is overpaid. Other than that, I don't see anyone on our roster who is overpaid to the point of unmovable. If Roy recovers he is worth his contract. Hill may be slightly overpaid (we are talking 7.5 vs 8 kind of overpaid), but not enough to say he is unmovable, especially since his contract is a flat 8. Mahinmi at worst is the same as Hill, slightly overpaid but not enough to affect our ability to trade him. Scola is questionable, but his contract isn't fully guaranteed so easily moveable. Watson might be underpaid. Cope may be overpaid for how he was used, but his contract does not exceed his skills.

  25. #69
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never mind, Watson isn't overpaid either. Forgot about him.
    Do you think there are teams in the league that have every player payed at what you feel is their exact worth? Market value is mostly circumstantial and subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  27. #70
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure if we start pulling off some Grimpesque trades I think we will all start feeling better. Why not George Hill and Scola for Chris Paul while were at it
    Those aren't remotely comparable trades and you know it.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  29. #71
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,518
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I am not sure how many likely moves can be made. From the sounds of it we can not just sign a significant piece do to our cap situation. Hill and Hibbert would have negative trade value when you look at their contracts and production. We don't want to trade West or George and nothing else on the roster will net us something significant.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  31. #72

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think there are teams in the league that have every player payed at what you feel is their exact worth? Market value is mostly circumstantial and subjective.
    I think there are teams who are able to pay players what they are worth and not more. This free agency has been bad for overpaying guys, but teams like Atlanta for example have a bunch of guys on really fair contracts.

  32. #73
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,863

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Cleveland was the favorite.
    No they will need at least a year to gell, Wiggins is a Rookie and they don't currently have their Ray Allen/Robert Horry/Steve Kerr/John Paxon guy. (of course if they did they would use him rather than leave him on the bench*(&^&*(%()

  33. #74
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    hibbert for mayo/henson maybe. otherwise, the TPE (plus pick?) or scola's partially guaranteed contract for a borderline starting PG or SG.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  34. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    528

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So what's the next move?

    I was surprised to see the other Lance thread being majorily positive. Now I know why. All the darksiders are over here. Guys, we lost a role player on our team. The team that has beat us the last three years lost their best player. It will be okay. We will win 50-55 games, be a top three seed, and we will see what happens.

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •