Thread: PHX signs Isiah Thomas

Default PHX signs Isiah Thomas

Could this mean the Dragic to Pacers rumors have some merit ? Interesting to see if its a S/T with Lance or something else.....Scola or Mahinmi along with Solo and a future 1st.......

Love to figure out out to keep Lance and Hill while adding Dragic. That would be one sweet backcourt.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PHX signs Isiah Thomas

Being able to have a Dragic- Lance backcourt would be, as Chris Bosh would say, pie in the sky.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

We can't sign Lance right now without Dragic, how are we going to sign him with Dragic. Dragic at PG and Hill at SG would be fine with me.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Default PHX signs Isiah Thomas

Is this official?

I see no one confirming that he has signed an offer sheet and on what terms.

I hope it is true

Edit: Nevermind found it.

Isaiah Thomas To Suns On Four-Year, $27M Sign-And-Trade With Kings

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports
    Jul 11, 2014 06:20 PM ET

Isaiah Thomas has reached agreement with the Phoenix Suns and will be dealt as a sign-and-trade on a four-year, $27 million contract.

Thomas is a restricted free agent of the Sacramento Kings.

The Kings will receive a $7 million traded player exception, along with the draft rights to Alex Oriakhi.

Sam Amick reports that the Suns envision a three-guard lineup of Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic and Thomas.
    Last edited by sopgy; 07-12-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want no part of dealing Solo, especially to the Suns. I already hate seeing one guy we shouldn't have traded there balling.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is no way that the Suns roll with three PGs that all will make $7M+ per year. There is a trade coming somewhere. I'd love to go after Bledsoe. I'm not sure what it would take in a S&T, but it wouldn't be cheap.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can't sign Lance right now without Dragic, how are we going to sign him with Dragic. Dragic at PG and Hill at SG would be fine with me.
    That would be awful, imo.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Not to mention that the Suns drafted a pg in the first round, Tyler Ennis.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Not to mention that the Suns drafted a pg in the first round, Tyler Ennis.
    and at this point they likely view him as nothing but a trade asset.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I think it's very possible that Phoenix will now shop Dragic (assuming they keep Bledsoe), but I don't see Phoenix being interested in our trade pieces.

I think the Suns would prefer to trade Dragic out of their stable of pgs because he is an expiring contract. He is going to get paid next summer.

Bledsoe is going to stay because they traded for him and they just drafted Ennis and they just signed Thomas. Maybe they do a sign and trade for Bledsoe but I think Dragic is the one they will try to trade for another position

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something definitely seems to be up with their point guard hoarding. David Kahn would approve, though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Targaflorio For This Useful Post:

sav

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd love Dragic, but primarily to pair with Lance. I'm not terribly interested in paying Dragic and Hill a combined $15.5M and losing Lance.

You have to figure that Dragic is looking at a $10-$12M a year deal after next season, which means you'd need to move Roy/Hill/Lance to make it work long-term.

I'd be ok with a 3 teamer that moved Hill and pick(s) and netted us Dragic while keeping Lance. Dragic/Lance/PG/West/Roy...daaamnnn.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I'd love Dragic, but primarily to pair with Lance. I'm not terribly interested in paying Dragic and Hill a combined $15.5M and losing Lance.

You have to figure that Dragic is looking at a $10-$12M a year deal after next season, which means you'd need to move Roy/Hill/Lance to make it work long-term.

I'd be ok with a 3 teamer that moved Hill and pick(s) and netted us Dragic while keeping Lance. Dragic/Lance/PG/West/Roy...daaamnnn.
    I agree that losing lance would hurt more than adding dragic would help but I think that hill is best suited to play the 2 and might consider a S/T with lance .......I'd rather not do that one tho

I would love to move Scola/Hill to Phoenix for Dragic/Goodwin or Ennis.

Right now PHX has Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas and Ennis. At the very least, one of those PG's got to go. IMO it'll be Bledsoe, given that Dragic is already in a very reasonable contract (for PHX)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I'd prefer that to what we have. Moving Lance for Dragic would make this a better team. Hill would be fine as a 2 and I think our bench would be far more effective without Lance being the primary offensive focus when he plays with the second unit.

I know it's a minor quibble, but it's ISAIAH... ISIAH is the Hall of Famer.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Right now PHX has Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas and Ennis. At the very least, one of those PG's got to go. IMO it'll be Bledsoe, given that Dragic is already in a very reasonable contract (for PHX)
    I would completely disagree with this. Why move a 24 year old PG that has shown he can play at an All-Star level for a 28 year old? They only way would be is if they're not comfortable with Bledsoe's injuries. Even then, Dragic's contract only hsa two years on it then he'll get paid big, big money if he continues at the production he had last season. Wouldn't make sense to move on from Bledsoe for Dragic unless the offers were incredible or they're not sold on Bledsoe staying healthy.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    I would completely disagree with this. Why move a 24 year old PG that has shown he can play at an All-Star level for a 28 year old? They only way would be is if they're not comfortable with Bledsoe's injuries. Even then, Dragic's contract only hsa two years on it then he'll get paid big, big money if he continues at the production he had last season. Wouldn't make sense to move on from Bledsoe for Dragic unless the offers were incredible or they're not sold on Bledsoe staying healthy.
    Bledsoe is going to be overpaid. I can see them trading him before they lose him
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would hate being this guy, trying to live up to that name. Apparently his father lost a bet when the Pistons played the Lakers in the finals haha.