Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James to Cleveland for real (SI)

Default Re: Lebron James to Cleveland for real (SI)

^^ Both of those clips are freakin' hilarious.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Cool. I guess the 3 Cleveland fans who didn't rush to burn his jersey are in luck.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...23-once-again/

Michael Jordan approves of LeBron James wearing No. 23 once again

When LeBron James changed his jersey number from 23 to 6 upon joining the Miami Heat four years ago, he said (at the urging of Pat Riley) that he did so to honor Michael Jordan, and that if he was no longer going to wear 23, no one should.

Obviously, things have changed.

James has chosen to return to wearing 23 in his second stint with the Cavaliers, but Jordan himself has no hard feelings toward James for going back on his word.

From Chris Broussard of ESPN.com:

“I’m cool with it,” Jordan told ESPN.com via text message Monday morning. “I don’t own a number.” …

“I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon,” James, who had worn No, 23 since his sophomore year in high school, said at the time. “There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn’t Michael Jordan first.

“He can’t get the logo, and if he can’t, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I’m starting a petition, and I’ve got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I’m not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it.”

This easily could have turned into one of those fake controversies that I’m not going to link to, but that can occasionally become all-encompassing in today’s sports news cycle.

Thankfully, Jordan himself doesn’t care — so now we don’t have to pretend to, either.

http://www.ibj.com/the-score-2014-07...AMS/post/48780

Shortly after 1 p.m., James got the message out on social media (he also tweeted it) that he has chosen to wear No. 23 next season and, within minutes, Adidas officials confirmed they were setting up all 20 printing machines at the company’s Indianapolis licensing unit to crank out James replica jerseys and T-shirts bearing the player’s name and number. …

The presses in Indianapolis were running off James gear by 6 p.m. Normally, this time of year, the Indianapolis Adidas plant would be printing about six different runs, including general NBA merchandise, college football and Major League Soccer items. In addition to those things, local plant officials said items for two international soccer teams—Argentina and Germany—and World Cup soccer items had to be set aside to focus on James shirts and jerseys.

This week marked the first time the entire Indianapolis plant was dedicated to making items of a single player since Brett Favre joined the Minnesota Vikings in 2009.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.ibj.com/the-score-2014-07...AMS/post/48780

Those look like old Wal-mart replicas of the jerseys he wore his first go -round in Leave-land, stamped with the lettering and numerals from their current jerseys.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...l#incart_river

Representatives of The Dan LeBatard Show called the Cleveland media outlet on Tuesday to purchase a full-page advertisement in this Sunday’s edition of the newspaper, Northeast Ohio Media Group Vice President of Sales and Marketing Mike Maleski confirmed. NEOMG sales staff are responsible for ads in The Plain Dealer.

The show’s request was “politely declined,” Maleski said. …

LeBatard said during the show that the ad was not intended to be mean-spirited, but rather a way to poke fun at James and Northeast Ohio residents who watched him win two championships in Miami.

Those jerseys look like they combined their old uni's from when LeBron was there the first time, and their uni's they've used the last four seasons.

ad to place in the Miami Herald for Dan LeBatard:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

LeBetard is the absolute worst media guy when it comes to the NBA. He is a complete shock jock with little to no substantive analysis.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ght-nba-title/

LeBron says he may have stayed in Miami had Heat won third straight NBA title

LeBron James leaving the Heat to return to the Cavaliers in free agency was certainly a surprise, but it would have been downright shocking had he done so after winning a second straight NBA title.

Miami was crushed by the Spurs in the NBA Finals, however, which likely made LeBron’s decision to leave that much easier.

But make no mistake — the outcome of that championship series had a huge impact on LeBron’s decision. So much so, in fact, that James himself has no trouble admitting that things might have turned out differently had Miami been able to three-peat as champions.

From Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal:

LeBron James concedes it would’ve been much harder for him to return to the Cavaliers had the Miami Heat won a third consecutive championship in June, he told CNN’s Unguarded with Rachel Nichols in an upcoming episode.

“It’s a greater chance, for sure,” James said. “It would be hard to leave back-to-back-to-back championships and try to go for four. But obviously you really can’t live and think of what may have happened. I’ve always been a person kind of live in the moment.”

Honestly, this is nothing more than common sense.

Had the Heat managed to win last season’s championship, there would have been no reason for LeBron to return to Cleveland so soon. He would have rightfully believed that his best chance to win was with Miami, and it would have been extremely difficult to abandon a team that just won three straight titles, when the opportunity to win four in a row would have been too tempting to pass up.

But after seeing his Heat so thoroughly dismantled by the Spurs in the championship round, and with no options for real roster improvement on the horizon, the choice to return home to Cleveland was made that much easier.

LeBron James is prepared to opt out ofhis contract after the season if it is the right business decision, according to Chris Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

James, who turns 30 today, has no intention of compromising his prime years playing for a sputtering organization. He can opt out of his contract at the end of the season and become a free agent.
    Given the massive scrutiny he would endure if he departed Cleveland a second time, if his hand is forced, I'm told he won't hesitate to make the appropriate business decision if it means bolting.
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....d_cavalie.html

Next stop June 2015

Now this is why LeBron James will never be considered the GOAT. When the going gets tough, what does he do? He folds. Jordan is probably embarrassed for him.

Lol wow. Could you imagine....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Lol wow. Could you imagine....
    Sadly, yes, yes I could.

Wouldn't that be damn near image suicide? I couldn't imagine ANY amount of P/R would be able to smooth this one over, if he bails again. The first time, I understood. I didn't agree with the way he left, but I understood the whys. Yes, he's a free agent, but the Cavs are not a bad team on paper. I think it's more about the coaching then anything else.

I don't see how he could possibly leave after his 2-year deal. I can see him leaving eventually but not after 2 years. He'll probably sign another short term contract and then walk after giving it a try for 4 years. I don't see how Cavs fans could complain if he does though. He came back and gave you 4 years? Be thankful for that.

I wonder where he would go? Paul George and him are decent buds right? Nah, he'll join some sort of super team here in 4 years and take a discount to try and get himself 1 or 2 more rings before retiring before 38-40.
    Here we come lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Wouldn't that be damn near image suicide? I couldn't imagine ANY amount of P/R would be able to smooth this one over, if he bails again. The first time, I understood. I didn't agree with the way he left, but I understood the whys. Yes, he's a free agent, but the Cavs are not a bad team on paper. I think it's more about the coaching then anything else.
    I think they are a good but not championship level team, even on paper. They have absolutely zero presence defensively from the guard, wing, and post positions. K Love has become a glorified Ryan Anderson at this point. And they dont have enough catch and shoot guys to play off Bron and Kyrie. Its more than just coaching IMO.

I still think they'll finish well and show decently in the playoff . But until they can raise their defense, a ring is out of the question I think.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I could see people being OK with him leaving after 2 years, but opting out after 1?

I would feel so bad for Cleveland fans I might actually hug one. Can you imagine being jerked around like that?
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I could see people being OK with him leaving after 2 years, but opting out after 1?

I would feel so bad for Cleveland fans I might actually hug one. Can you imagine being jerked around like that?
    One of my friends is a Cleveland sports fan and she didn't really want LeBron to come back she could barely stand him or his mama since HS but as long as he helped the Cavs win that's all that mattered. I think she wouldn't be bothered by it compared to others.

I think if he leaves Cleveland again he should be banned by the state of Ohio.

They wouldn't burn his jersey. They'd burn his damn house down.

I think this stuff is really blown out of proportion, but man. There is enough prima donna between LeBron and Kevin Love to fill the entire Central Division, and then there's Kyrie and Waiters.

LeBron's quotes are irritating. I realize he's the best basketball player, but man he's entitled.

Next stop June 2015

It's all good. LeBron will cement his legacy as being a lesser player than Michael Jordan if he leaves Cleveland. It would be an embarrassing failure for him and I'm 100% fine with that.

If he stays in Cleveland, he will not win a title. I don't care how good LeBron is, Pat Riley and DWade are a big part of the reason he won titles in Miami. Without that talent and leadership, he's going to get frustrated. Dude thinks he should run the show instead of the coach or GM which is a huge part of the problem. His problem. At this stage, he's not getting better and we'll all get to witness his gradual demise, playing on teams like the dying Brooklyn Nets.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

If I was a Cavs fan and heard that LeBron said that.... What a horrible feeling that your hometown "hero" would be willing to give up already.

Mood

One of my friends is a Cleveland sports fan and she didn't really want LeBron to come back she could barely stand him or his mama since HS but as long as he helped the Cavs win that's all that mattered. I think she wouldn't be bothered by it compared to others.

I think if he leaves Cleveland again he should be banned by the state of Ohio.
    They would ban him until he was ready to come back.