Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Lebron James to Cleveland for real (SI)

Default Re: Lebron James to Cleveland for real (SI)

^^ Both of those clips are freakin' hilarious.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Cool. I guess the 3 Cleveland fans who didn't rush to burn his jersey are in luck.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...23-once-again/

Michael Jordan approves of LeBron James wearing No. 23 once again

When LeBron James changed his jersey number from 23 to 6 upon joining the Miami Heat four years ago, he said (at the urging of Pat Riley) that he did so to honor Michael Jordan, and that if he was no longer going to wear 23, no one should.

Obviously, things have changed.

James has chosen to return to wearing 23 in his second stint with the Cavaliers, but Jordan himself has no hard feelings toward James for going back on his word.

From Chris Broussard of ESPN.com:

“I’m cool with it,” Jordan told ESPN.com via text message Monday morning. “I don’t own a number.” …

“I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon,” James, who had worn No, 23 since his sophomore year in high school, said at the time. “There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn’t Michael Jordan first.

“He can’t get the logo, and if he can’t, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I’m starting a petition, and I’ve got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I’m not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it.”

This easily could have turned into one of those fake controversies that I’m not going to link to, but that can occasionally become all-encompassing in today’s sports news cycle.

Thankfully, Jordan himself doesn’t care — so now we don’t have to pretend to, either.

http://www.ibj.com/the-score-2014-07...AMS/post/48780

Shortly after 1 p.m., James got the message out on social media (he also tweeted it) that he has chosen to wear No. 23 next season and, within minutes, Adidas officials confirmed they were setting up all 20 printing machines at the company’s Indianapolis licensing unit to crank out James replica jerseys and T-shirts bearing the player’s name and number. …

The presses in Indianapolis were running off James gear by 6 p.m. Normally, this time of year, the Indianapolis Adidas plant would be printing about six different runs, including general NBA merchandise, college football and Major League Soccer items. In addition to those things, local plant officials said items for two international soccer teams—Argentina and Germany—and World Cup soccer items had to be set aside to focus on James shirts and jerseys.

This week marked the first time the entire Indianapolis plant was dedicated to making items of a single player since Brett Favre joined the Minnesota Vikings in 2009.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.ibj.com/the-score-2014-07...AMS/post/48780

Those look like old Wal-mart replicas of the jerseys he wore his first go -round in Leave-land, stamped with the lettering and numerals from their current jerseys.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...l#incart_river

Representatives of The Dan LeBatard Show called the Cleveland media outlet on Tuesday to purchase a full-page advertisement in this Sunday’s edition of the newspaper, Northeast Ohio Media Group Vice President of Sales and Marketing Mike Maleski confirmed. NEOMG sales staff are responsible for ads in The Plain Dealer.

The show’s request was “politely declined,” Maleski said. …

LeBatard said during the show that the ad was not intended to be mean-spirited, but rather a way to poke fun at James and Northeast Ohio residents who watched him win two championships in Miami.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those jerseys look like they combined their old uni's from when LeBron was there the first time, and their uni's they've used the last four seasons.

ad to place in the Miami Herald for Dan LeBatard:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LeBetard is the absolute worst media guy when it comes to the NBA. He is a complete shock jock with little to no substantive analysis.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ght-nba-title/

LeBron says he may have stayed in Miami had Heat won third straight NBA title

LeBron James leaving the Heat to return to the Cavaliers in free agency was certainly a surprise, but it would have been downright shocking had he done so after winning a second straight NBA title.

Miami was crushed by the Spurs in the NBA Finals, however, which likely made LeBron’s decision to leave that much easier.

But make no mistake — the outcome of that championship series had a huge impact on LeBron’s decision. So much so, in fact, that James himself has no trouble admitting that things might have turned out differently had Miami been able to three-peat as champions.

From Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal:

LeBron James concedes it would’ve been much harder for him to return to the Cavaliers had the Miami Heat won a third consecutive championship in June, he told CNN’s Unguarded with Rachel Nichols in an upcoming episode.

“It’s a greater chance, for sure,” James said. “It would be hard to leave back-to-back-to-back championships and try to go for four. But obviously you really can’t live and think of what may have happened. I’ve always been a person kind of live in the moment.”

Honestly, this is nothing more than common sense.

Had the Heat managed to win last season’s championship, there would have been no reason for LeBron to return to Cleveland so soon. He would have rightfully believed that his best chance to win was with Miami, and it would have been extremely difficult to abandon a team that just won three straight titles, when the opportunity to win four in a row would have been too tempting to pass up.

But after seeing his Heat so thoroughly dismantled by the Spurs in the championship round, and with no options for real roster improvement on the horizon, the choice to return home to Cleveland was made that much easier.