Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 174

Thread: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

  1. #101
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO not a single one of them are all around better. They're not worse, but definitely not better.
    In the opinion of GMs (so far) they are better. Stupid antics on the court can only cost you so much money. Certainly not $7 million worth

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    469
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the opinion of GMs (so far) they are better. Stupid antics on the court can only cost you so much money. Certainly not $7 million worth
    But maybe it's more about the position they play, and what position the GM's want to fill. Parsons and Heyward play at the small forward position.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Something weird is going on with Lance and his contract. Is he being blackballed from the NBA like Jose Canseco? Its utter insanity to offer Parsons and Hayward max deals when they aren't proven players. Lance is a proven stud in the playoffs when the games matter
    David "And One" West

  6. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,949

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When people attribute him to being the only thing that keeps a team from being "Lebron's *****" they overestimate how good he can be too.
    I think far more people overestimate how good Lance is and how good he can be. I see a player who's stupid immature play offsets his good play to the degree that he's an asset but not that much of a net positive as his stats indicate. I don't see the potential for Lance to ever become a top 10 player or even the best player on any team. That isn't to say that I don't value his contributions and want him at all, I just don't see this special player that many see. He's worth keeping at the right price with the hope that he gets it one day and stops the stupid play and antics. I think Bird has already gone past the point of the right price and I don't want to see him up the offer at all.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  8. #105

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    you guys need to factor in the Parsons and Gordie Hayward swoon factor. I'm only like 90% kidding.

  9. #106
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you guys need to factor in the Parsons and Gordie Hayward swoon factor. I'm only like 90% kidding.
    Lance is also more handsome than those two!!!!!
    David "And One" West

  10. #107

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think far more people overestimate how good Lance is and how good he can be. I see a player who's stupid immature play offsets his good play to the degree that he's an asset but not that much of a net positive as his stats indicate. I don't see the potential for Lance to ever become a top 10 player or even the best player on any team. That isn't to say that I don't value his contributions and want him at all, I just don't see this special player that many see. He's worth keeping at the right price with the hope that he gets it one day and stops the stupid play and antics. I think Bird has already gone past the point of the right price and I don't want to see him up the offer at all.
    I think Lance will wind up being a multiple time All Star, maybe I'm higher on his long term growth than most. But it's not even really about what he may become for me, it's about us having zero ability to replace him short of hitting a home run again in the draft.

    If people think PG'd be happy with playing with CJ Miles for the next 4 years instead of Lance, and that factoring into whatever decision he makes when he becomes a FA again, you're crazy. Nevermind the monumental waste of an asset letting him walk would be. I'd have been pissed, we'd have all been pissed, but the powers that be should've been shopping him at the deadline.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #108
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Seriously, why can't we cut ties with Roy "0 points, 0 Rebounds" Hibbert
    David "And One" West

  13. #109
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But maybe it's more about the position they play, and what position the GM's want to fill. Parsons and Heyward play at the small forward position.

    SF is the most stacked position in the association. But why would position matter when Bradley got $8 mil, and Meeks got $6 mil, hell CJ Miles got $4 Mil. Channing Frye plays PF, and is a borderline starter and got $8 Mil. Teams have been ponying up that cash so far this FA. Position be damned
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

  14. #110
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something weird is going on with Lance and his contract. Is he being blackballed from the NBA like Jose Canseco? Its utter insanity to offer Parsons and Hayward max deals when they aren't proven players. Lance is a proven stud in the playoffs when the games matter
    You have to be joking....

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  16. #111
    Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,497

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Lance will wind up being a multiple time All Star, maybe I'm higher on his long term growth than most. But it's not even really about what he may become for me, it's about us having zero ability to replace him short of hitting a home run again in the draft.

    If people think PG'd be happy with playing with CJ Miles for the next 4 years instead of Lance, and that factoring into whatever decision he makes when he becomes a FA again, you're crazy. Nevermind the monumental waste of an asset letting him walk would be. I'd have been pissed, we'd have all been pissed, but the powers that be should've been shopping him at the deadline.
    I could not have imagined PD if they traded Lance last year. I see your point, but it goes back to hindsight is 50/50. Would you/did you, make that same statement before the trade deadline?

  17. #112

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could not have imagined PD if they traded Lance last year. I see your point, but it goes back to hindsight is 50/50. Would you/did you, make that same statement before the trade deadline?
    of course not, that's why I'm saying it on a message board and not in a text to Larry Bird five months ago

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  19. #113
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talent-wise, that could be true. But talent is not the only factor.
    Gordon Hayward has dirty pictures of Michael Jordan?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #114
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,104

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Larry is just significantly better at managing money than MJ in this case.
    At least he seems better than Donnie Walsh.... Who the one time seemed to grow a pair when dealing with re-signing a Pacer player and drew a line in the sand and didn't even bother to make an offer (Brad Miller), was easily (IMHO) the one time when he should've.... Or at least should've been smart enough to not got himself in that position not to have funds to offer BMiller something in the first place. But hey, he had Jon Bender locked up so there's that....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  22. #115

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    I wish I'd have been on PD when Brad Miller was a Pacer and his whole contract stuff went down. you guys would've hated me.

  23. #116

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish I'd have been on PD when Brad Miller was a Pacer and his whole contract stuff went down. you guys would've hated me.
    They could have got more for him than Scot Pollard though, Brad Miller was always about the money.

  24. #117

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could have got more for him than Scot Pollard though, Brad Miller was always about the money.
    I was honestly too young to pay attention to contracts and CBA ramifications and all that, I just knew it sucked losing Kendallville's own. But now?! Hoooooly ****, I'd go annoyingly bonkers, Brad Miller's in my top 4ish Boilermakers ever, because of non-basketball reasons that I will not discuss as much as anything.

  25. #118
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you guys need to factor in the Parsons and Gordie Hayward swoon factor. I'm only like 90% kidding.
    I'll give you Parsons as he's a part time model, but Hayward? I always thought he's a little boy next door looking. Maybe even on the goofy side.

  26. #119

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    lol at people preparing themselves for Lance leaving by saying "He's not that good anyway." Saying Hayward is a better defender and a better player. You've got to be kidding me.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  28. #120

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll give you Parsons as he's a part time model, but Hayward? I always thought he's a little boy next door looking. Maybe even on the goofy side.
    look at them pearly whites, at the very least those're good for some cable access dentist commercials


  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  30. #121
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Someone is going to majorly overpay Lance and so be it.

    While I think our offer was a bit low, I still think it's fair.

    If he's only after the money, and I have no issue with young guys doing it, then he wasn't the kind of player I want anyways.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  31. #122
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone is going to majorly overpay Lance and so be it.

    While I think our offer was a bit low, I still think it's fair.

    If he's only after the money, and I have no issue with young guys doing it, then he wasn't the kind of player I want anyways.
    Lance is about Lance. People that couldn't see that last year were not paying attention. He was keeping track of individual stats on the court for crying out loud.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  33. #123

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is about Lance.
    Good. I want those guys. Lance stat hunted, not denying it, but I don't remember an instance of it that came at the detriment of the team.

    Guys that are about themselves understand there's no greater accomplishment than winning a title. We aren't talking about Ricky Davis or Marshon Brooks here. We ARE talking about a guy, who I realize I'm pretty bullish on, that I think will easily be the 2nd best player on a title winner (not "contender," winner) inside of two years.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  35. #124
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good. I want those guys. Lance stat hunted, not denying it, but I don't remember an instance of it that came at the detriment of the team.

    Guys that are about themselves understand there's no greater accomplishment than winning a title. We aren't talking about Ricky Davis or Marshon Brooks here. We ARE talking about a guy, who I realize I'm pretty bullish on, that I think will easily be the 2nd best player on a title winner (not "contender," winner) inside of two years.
    How can you say that when you don't even know where he is going to wind up?

  36. #125

    Default Re: Reggie Miller wants Lance back

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you say that when you don't even know where he is going to wind up?
    John Wall's probably the 2nd best player on a title winner, same for Irving, same for Love, same for today's Kobe, same for Bosh, Boogie, hell Drummond if it's a great scoring wing. ton of guys like that. doesn't mean he's going to win a title, but we sure as hell aren't by letting him walk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •