View Poll Results: Where will LeBron go, and where should he go?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • He'll go to Cleveland, and that's where he should go too (his home, young talent, rehab his image)

28 38.36%
  • He'll go to Cleveland, but it's a stupid choice, since they are a loser franchise

6 8.22%
  • He'll go to Miami, and that's where he should go too (Pat Riley, sunshine)

7 9.59%
  • He'll go to Miami , but he ought to go to Cleveland (his home, young talent, rehab his image)

7 9.59%
  • I don't care even a little, I just want that jerk to just pick something, and soon

25 34.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where will LeBron go, and where should he go?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Where will LeBron go, and where should he go?

Quote Originally Posted by West90 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wherever he ends up i hate you guys already.
    I don't think I'll hate the Cavs as such. The fans got their hearts ripped out with a rusty spoon and have a chance to come back to life.

I think I can hate that they've had more top-3 draft picks in 5 years than the Pacers have had in their entire existence, though.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I never thought that Cleveland would be a possibility given how the departure went. I thought those bridges were nuked.

NBA - Where AMAZING ish happens.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

I just wish LeBron would stay his *** still.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I never thought that Cleveland would be a possibility given how the departure went. I thought those bridges were nuked.

NBA - Where AMAZING ish happens.
    Where desperation happens.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Things were not all hunky-dory in Miami this year, even before the Spurs series.

The players hated the amnesty decision on Mike Miller. Then there were other problems not defined, but alluded to by Shane Battier: "It was a very difficult year. There were very few pure moments. We were trying to conjure something."

So maybe Lebron sees things going awry in Miami, even if he were to stay there.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I have a very hard time thinking that Dwyane Wade's decision to opt out was without the knowledge that Lebron was going to be back.

You don't turn down that kind of money without assurances.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I am sure that he had assurances, but from Pat Riley rather than LBJ. Assurances that he can feel comfortable turning down 2 years & 42 million because he will get a new deal for 4 years and over 50 million. By the time DW reaches those last two years, he might be playing the Juwan Howard cheerleading role from a suit on the bench, so those two extra years at modest dollars, for his stature, is not such a bad deal after all.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I have a very hard time thinking that Dwyane Wade's decision to opt out was without the knowledge that Lebron was going to be back.

Assurances from a guy who left his hometown on national TV and only let the team know literally right before he announced the decision

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'll be happy for the city of Cleveland if LBJ goes back. If any place could use some excitement, after all the losing they've been through over the years, it's Cleveland. I'm just not sure what that means for the Pacers though, but they need to focus on improving within, instead of worrying about other teams.

I'm not looking forward to seeing all the bandwagon people jump ship over night. Those kind of people annoy the crap out of me.

I can't imagine why anyone would choose to work during the wintertime in the midwest over Miami.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

I think I can hate that they've had more top-3 draft picks in 5 years than the Pacers have had in their entire existence, though.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by jackinbox View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would choose to work during the wintertime in the midwest over Miami.
    When you're Lebron and you are famous and can afford anything you want it doesn't matter nearly as much. In fact, I would imagine some of the advantages of warm weather are sort of eroded because its not like Lebron can just go to South Beach or eat at an outdoor restaurant or go to an outdoor mall without drawing a ton of attention to himself.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackinbox View Post
    Because you're indoors so it doesn't really matter?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    When you're Lebron and you are famous and can afford anything you want it doesn't matter nearly as much. In fact, I would imagine some of the advantages of warm weather are sort of eroded because its not like Lebron can just go to South Beach or eat at an outdoor restaurant or go to an outdoor mall without drawing a ton of attention to himself.
    Not to mention, people would probably pay him to walk down the streets of Cleveland with him, melting the snow in front him with a blow dryer and keeping him warm, all while running from outlet to outlet to keep the electricity flowing.

So ya, probably not.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

It's actually good news for the Pacers if LeBron goes to Cleveland. Besides Irving, whose role will be diminished anyway, the Cavs have no other great options at the moment. All the young players are essentially nothing more than role players and if Wiggins doesn't bulk up some, he'll just be another career role player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    It's actually good news for the Pacers if LeBron goes to Cleveland. Besides Irving, whose role will be diminished anyway, the Cavs have no other great options at the moment. All the young players are essentially nothing more than role players and if Wiggins doesn't bulk up some, he'll just be another career role player.
    If Lebron goes to Cleveland, Love goes to Cleveland IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Good points. I guess on my days off I'd rather be sitting out at my pool under the palm trees. But you're right, if he ends up in Cleveland he's not going to be shoveling his driveway, and he's not going to be trying to drive to work through piles of snow and ice (I would assume he has a driver). So the hassles the rest of us have to deal with in a midwestern winter aren't going to be nearly as much of a problem for someone who makes $30 million/year.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jackinbox For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    If Lebron goes to Cleveland, Love goes to Cleveland IMO.
    I am not so sure. Who will Cleveland send to Minnesota? Apparently Wiggins is off the table from Cleveland's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Things were not all hunky-dory in Miami this year, even before the Spurs series.

The players hated the amnesty decision on Mike Miller. Then there were other problems not defined, but alluded to by Shane Battier: "It was a very difficult year. There were very few pure moments. We were trying to conjure something."

So maybe Lebron sees things going awry in Miami, even if he were to stay there.
    One of the biggest misperceptions among NBA fans is that Miami is some big spending franchise. They are far from it and I would not be surprised if they don't sustain themselves as a big free agent destination, especially post-Riley.

"While the league tried to level the playing field -- small market, big market -- there's still no question that teams in the New York, Chicago, L.A. area have a significant advantage. Maybe not as much as they had on the old CBA, but they still do." He added that the "lack of a hard cap leaves wealthy owners, such as himself, constantly being expected to pay more, because there is no high-end limitation, other than an onerous luxury tax to be paid to the league on high-end payrolls." He said that that "was something he had hoped to avoid in a new agreement." Arison: "That's why a hard-cap concept is a better concept than a luxury-tax concept.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...odies/NBA.aspx

No option for Lebron to go to the Pacers?

He's a free agent. He can go wherever he wants to. He's not limited to just Cleveland or Miami.

I think he'll go to Cleveland, and I think the best decision for him is Cleveland.

As for where he should go, I'd prefer if he stayed in Miami. I don't like superstar players hopping between teams in their prime.

streets ahead

Breaking: LeBron James Leaning Toward Joining Al-Qaeda

MIAMI—After viewing its latest pitch highlighting all he could accomplish with its organization, NBA power forward LeBron James confirmed Tuesday that he is currently leaning toward joining the militant Islamic group Al-Qaeda. “I’ve been doing my due diligence, and right now I’m really interested in [Al-Qaeda leader] Ayman al-Zawahiri’s vision and what he has already built over there,” said James, adding that while he has also considered offers from terrorist organizations such as Boko Haram and the Taliban, he believes heading to Al-Qaeda remains his best opportunity to defeat the West in the immediate future. “It seems like they’re open to doing a max deal, but I’d be willing to take a pay cut if that’s what it’ll take for them to bring in a big-time cell leader to work alongside me. Of course, I also can’t ignore their storied history and the fact that they have such a loyal following. I’m certain they have the personnel to take out both L.A. and San Antonio. Overall, I think moving to the Arabian Peninsula is the best option for me right now, and it will help take me to the next level.” At press time, James confirmed that his agent Rich Paul, who has been overseas negotiating with the group, has not been heard from in six days.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bre...g-alqae,36417/
    This is the darkest timeline.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Because you're indoors so it doesn't really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post

What I don't understand is why hasn't Cavs' Owner Dan Gilbert apologized? I can understand stubborn pride, but there's being stubborn and stupid. LeBron's return would create millions of additional revenue to the Cavaliers' franchise and increase its net worth drastically.
    Apparently Gilbert's letter remains an issue, how he can't apologize when it's the question of tens, maybe even hundreds of millions of dollars is beyond me.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I am sure that he had assurances, but from Pat Riley rather than LBJ. Assurances that he can feel comfortable turning down 2 years & 42 million because he will get a new deal for 4 years and over 50 million. By the time DW reaches those last two years, he might be playing the Juwan Howard cheerleading role from a suit on the bench, so those two extra years at modest dollars, for his stature, is not such a bad deal after all.
    You really think 2 years from now that Dwyane Wade won't be able to get more than $4 million a year?

And you really think that Dwyane Wade agrees with that?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: