Thread: Guy sues ESPN for making fun of him when he fell asleep at a Yankees game

Default Guy sues ESPN for making fun of him when he fell asleep at a Yankees game

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-yankees-game/

Guy sues ESPN for making fun of him when he fell asleep at a Yankees game

I see almost every bit if silly and stupid quasi-baseball news that one can possibly see, but I somehow missed the fact that, back in April, a fan at a Yankees Red Sox game fell asleep and was captured snoozing by ESPNís cameras. John Kruk and Dan Shulman apparently cracked wise about him. And, because it was the Red Sox and Yankees, apparently some ESPNNew York.com columnist referenced the snoozing fan in the service of what I assume to be a tortured metaphor the following day.

But like I said, that was nearly three months ago and hardly anyone noticed, right? Well, theyíll notice now, because the sleeping dude is suing ESPN. From Consumerist:

The man is suing Major League Baseball Advanced Media, ESPN New York, the New York Yankees, and ESPN announcers Dan Shulman and John Kruk, in Bronx County Supreme Court, reports Courthouse News. Heís seeking $10 million in damages for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress . . . As a result of the photos, commentary and social media attention, the plaintiff claims he was shown in a false light, that his reputation was damaged and itís no oneís business if he was napping.

Well, I didnít have much of a thought about this guyís reputation before, but I certainly do now.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Guy sues ESPN for making fun of him when he fell asleep at a Yankees game

I hate these ****ing scumbag losers like this. Get a ****ing life.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Guy sues ESPN for making fun of him when he fell asleep at a Yankees game

I wish ESPN would make fun of me. That would be one of my greatest accomplishments in life!

Mood

People will find any reason to file a lawsuit these days.

All this proves is the guy that filed it is a complete idiots. I mean ESPN is part of a multi-billion dollar company. Does this dude not think they are well aware of potential litigation and what their legal limits are with this stuff?

Mood

The dumbass thinks he is getting 10 million for that?

Idiots these days.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish ESPN would make fun of me. That would be one of my greatest accomplishments in life!
    ESPN made fun of me when I was 15. Actually, so did ESPNNews.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds like he stepped fresh out of Seinfeld episode.

(George got caught eating ice cream like that, while a TV crew at a tennis match had him on air and proceeded to make fun of him)
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not you, it's me.

If the guy was smart enough to read, I'm sure that somewhere on the ticket or some disclaimer / terms of agreement from the site the ticket was purchased - SOMEWHERE it says something like "by accepting this ticket, you give up pretty much any leverage against anyone in any way, shape or form".

He should have to reimburse the attorneys and the entire legal system for the money that will be wasted on this thing. Even if (WHEN) it's tossed out - there's a cost to get to that point. Pay up d-nozzle.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

This has the lawsuit in it:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...hill_case.html

If you are bored, skim it. They read some on the radio and it was pretty funny. Compared it to something Kramer's lawyer on Seinfeld would write.