Thread: Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son has died

Default Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son has died

How awful that poor baby

TMZ SPORTS
    NFL STAR ADRIAN PETERSON
    2-YEAR-OLD SON ATTACKED
    Police Investigating
    EXCLUSIVE DETAILS

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital ... after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson ... who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant.

According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday ... and found the child unresponsive.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the child suffered severe head injuries.

Peterson is tight with his son -- back in February, we got video of the two hanging out together during NBA All-Star weekend in Houston.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports#ixzz2hQRiirDq
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 10-11-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Update

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son in critical condition after being attacked

If I was AP, the next headline would be "Adrian Peterson arrested on felony assault charges." Any punishment by the law or the NFL, would be completely worth it IMHO. I think child abusers should be taken out behind the wood shed and have their legs broken.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son in critical condition after being attacked

Now it's being reported it isn't AP's son.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Where did you hear that?

I have to think its at least a relative if AP left Vikings practice for it.

The reports are jumping around right now.

Update, 11:30 a.m.: City Pages is reporting that the injured child is not Adrian Peterson Jr. We've changed out headline to reflect this. Our original post is below.

Update, 11:47 a.m.: Here's the latest Argus Leader story on police not confirming identities. "Who the father is does not come into play in this investigation, so we're not going to be releasing any information as far as that goes."

Update, 11:55 a.m.: TMZ is now saying it's not Adrian Peterson Jr. (we've changed our photo) but is one of Peterson's children. His official biography lists a 9-year-old daughter, but police have confirmed the victim is a 2-year-old.
    http://deadspin.com/adrian-petersons...end-1443881283

I read a tweet that said AP was supposed to give a statement after practice, so maybe things will clear up a little bit then.
    Last edited by Since86; 10-11-2013 at 12:11 PM.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...ed-father-says

Son of Adrian Peterson critically hurt

A 2-year-old in critical condition in South Dakota is the son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, the player's father told the Pioneer Press on Friday.

"We are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," Nelson Peterson told the newspaper.

Joseph Patterson, 27, is being held on two felony counts of aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault domestic.

Peterson did not attend practice Thursday due to personal reasons. He is expected to address the media Friday afternoon.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's a sick, really sick world that we live in and I am gonna leave it at that.

My prayers to the family.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

VIKINGS' ADRIAN PETERSON
    ADDRESSING THE MEDIA
    Expected to Discuss Critically Injured Son

Adrian Peterson is expected to address the media at the Minnesota Vikings team facilities following practice today to discuss the tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian is expected to get in front of the media around 10:30 AM PT.

Stay tuned ..

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian...#ixzz2hR9kHvkw

Here's how this should be handled.

AP and this ***-hat in a closed off room for 30 minutes. If they both walk out, great. If only AP walks out, great.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He plans on still playing. I feel bad for whoever the Vikings are playing this week.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kid is dead according to the police

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 7m
    Sioux Falls police confirmed to NFL Media that Adrian Peterson's son has passed away. We send our condolences. So sad.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some things are more important than football. Some people are just plain scum. I will leave it at that...

I agree with above poster, I feel bad for Carolina. Hope AP goes off for 200 yards and a couple of TD's. Not that it will make him feel any better..

What a screwed up situation. A 2 year old?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kid is dead according to the police

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 7m
    Sioux Falls police confirmed to NFL Media that Adrian Peterson's son has passed away. We send our condolences. So sad.

Please be not true

RIP.

Good heavens what at terrible situation. If someone ever did that to my wife or kid I'd be the next one going to prison for the rest of my life.

There is a special place in hell for child abusers. I hope AP wasn't aware of any signs of abuse or he'll never forgive himself. I've seen that situation before and its just crushing.

I don't understand how someone can do that to a 2 year old child. I just don't get it
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son has died

Patterson was charged over the assault of a three-year-old boy in 2012.

The mother of his child had asked for protection orders twice, claiming he choked and punched her, threatened her with a knife and held her in the bedroom against her will, according to records.

In 2012, Patterson was charged with simple assault against the mother and was ordered to undergo family violence training and to stay away from her until completing it.

The accused man, Joseph Robert Patterson has a son with another Sioux Falls woman, court records show.

The mother of his child had asked for protection orders twice, claiming he choked and punched her, threatened her with a knife and held her in the bedroom against her will, according to records.

In 2012, Patterson was charged with simple assault against the mother and was ordered to undergo family violence training and to stay away from her until completing it.

http://www.dailymail...ely-beaten.html

South Dakota's a death penalty state. Good.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

No matter who was the father of a child, how can ANYONE beat a 2 year old to death?

Seriously now. Why would anyone even lay a hand on a poor infant? And even if they did how can they keep hitting it until it can no longer move?

No, I seriously don't get this.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    No matter who was the father of a child, how can ANYONE beat a 2 year old to death?

Seriously now. Why would anyone even lay a hand on a poor infant? And even if they did how can they keep hitting it until it can no longer move?

No, I seriously don't get this.

Cause as I said above, there are sick people in this world. I know we can't possibly imagine there are people who can do such things to an infant but unfortunately there are.

Hope that scum suffers a brutal death in prison before he gets to the electric chair.

Sports Logo

Cause as I said above, there are sick people in this world. I know we can't possibly imagine there are people who can do such things to an infant but unfortunately there are.

Hope that scum suffers a brutal death in prison before he gets to the electric chair.
    Prisoners tend to have a certain code against people who have abused and molested children.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...ce-funeral-son

Adrian Peterson: 'It's devastating'

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son died from injuries after alleged assault.
    Tags: Adrian Peterson, son
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was away from the team Wednesday to attend his son's funeral in South Dakota, he said Thursday.

I was planning on seeing him. I had a talk with his mom, and we got some things together as far as financially helping her. Unfortunately, this situation took place.

-- Adrian Peterson, on learning he had 2-year-old son, who died Friday,
    only two months ago
    Peterson confirmed that he found out two months ago that he was the father of the 2-year-old boy, who died Friday from injuries sustained in an alleged aggravated assault.

Peterson said he had been supporting the boy's mother financially and had been in contact with her to make plans to meet his son.

"I was planning on seeing him," Peterson said. "I had a talk with his mom, and we got some things together as far as financially helping her.

"Unfortunately, this situation took place. It's devastating. A lot of people won't ever understand the situation that I'm in and see it the way I'm seeing the situation. It's tough, but I'm able to deal with that and got a good supporting cast around me that's been supporting me through this tough time."

The boy's mother was in a relationship with Joseph Patterson, who was arrested on charges of aggravated assault and is being held on $750,000 bail. Lincoln County attorney Tom Wollman said Tuesday he could ask a grand jury to consider additional charges in light of the boy's death.

Peterson said he does not expect to return to South Dakota to be involved with the police investigation.

"I have the contacts that I need to be able to stay involved," he said.

Peterson said he has not paid much attention to tabloid reports about how many children he has, adding, "People are going to speculate. They're going to say this and that.

"I can't let that bother me. I've been too focused on trying to mourn and be there for his mother and take in the loss of my son. I haven't been able to focus on anything else outside of that."

Not to pick on you specifically, but there's a lot of people in this thread who are bemoaning the violent world we live in and then saying hateful and violent things towards the guy who killed the kid. I'm not saying his actions weren't incredibly reprehensible, but I imagine he probably didn't have a great childhood and probably didn't benefit from a great education or positive role models.

I hope he regrets what he did, serves his time in prison, turns his life around, and can eventually safely reenter the community and become a contributing member of society. That sounds a lot better than a brutal death to me.

All that said, RIP to Mr. Peterson's kid, and I feel terrible for him and his family. That's the real issue here.
    That'll do.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to pig norton For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah because he was the only one who had tough upbringing? Guess what...

What are you doing exactly? Equating my "wish" him to rot in prison or die in it to an infant killer? Oooh does that make me a hypocrite? So be it. Couldn't give a rat's *** in this case! He deserves everything that will come to his way.

I believe in second chances but not for people who have killed a baby (deliberately) . Simple as that. Cause when they get out, they will cause harm again.

No, I don't think your wish is the same at all. Killing a baby is much worse. The hateful and violent attitude bothers me though.
    That'll do.