Thread: I'm bored - Pacers/Lakers

Sports Logo

Default I'm bored - Pacers/Lakers

S&T of Lance to the Lakers while returning a 1 year rental of Nash.

Assuming that the Lakers are interested in Lance......would you consider a 1 year rental of Nash?

For Lance? Cuz he gets paid and gets to play with Kobe? Also, they make a lateral move from Nash to Lance while not inhibiting their ability to pursue other Non-ELITE Free Agents.

I have no real justification here for the Pacers. I have no idea if Nash would even consider playing here for 1 season.....nor do I think he will move here long-term with a long-term extension. But if he does agree to come to Indy and play....it would likely be a rental for 1 year on a 1-legged Nash? It's not a championship move....but

Before you suggest that we could get more, I'd be interested in what S&T options the Pacers have with other interested Teams though.

But keep in mind...the Lakers could outright sign Lance and don't have to do a S&T....doing this simply allows them to preserve what existing CapSpace they have.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm bored - Pacers/Lakers

No not unless we get a 1st rd pick + + back. Nash is beyond done was sad watching him try to play last year. The Lakers would love to, the only reason to do this if Lance tells us he is gone, and even then taking on Nash is not wise unless we get real assets back.

Why help the Lakers sign Lance and another player(possibly named Melo)? They would really have to sweeten the pot.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No not unless we get a 1st rd pick + + back. Nash is beyond done was sad watching him try to play last year. The Lakers would love to, the only reason to do this if Lance tells us he is gone, and even then taking on Nash is not wise unless we get real assets back.
    If Nash is done and cannot play, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why help the Lakers sign Lance and another player(possibly named Melo)? They would really have to sweeten the pot.
    Assuming the following ( and I know what happens when you ***-u-me something ):

- If Lance is not going to take the $44 mil that Bird offered him and he's gone
    - Melo would consider going to LaLaLand if Lance ended up there ( I know, I doubt it...I'm just going off of your post )
    - Nash is healthy enough to play

Then, yeah...I'd consider this trade....just to get a somewhat healthy Nash out of losing Lance and then having the benefit of helping Melo move out of our Conference.

But this...as I said....depends on if Nash is even healthy enough to play AND what other options ( if there are any ) in a S&T with wherever Lance ends up.

I know...overall...it's far fetch......I just thought of it once I heard that the Lakers were possibly interested in Lance. But if Nash is DONE, DONE....then yeah...no point to do this.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If we take any players from the Lakers for Lance it should be Swaggy P and Kendall Marshall.

I doubt Nash would come here or anywhere else off the west coast now that he has his children there. So, I would think he takes a buyout or just retires which might clear the Pacers some Cap space. The idea of Lance getting to work with with Kobe and Nash for a year is intriguing, however.