Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Average players don't go to multiple All-Stars, plus in the runnings for DPOY.
    I didn't say Hibbert is an average player, I said he had an average season. When you have the worst showing of an All Star in the playoffs, the selection kind of loses it's meaning.

Sports Logo

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/...bcs&ocid=yahoo

blah blah blah rehashed tweets already posted

Could disgruntled Pacers center Roy Hibbert be headed to Boston as part of it?

more blah blah blah

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indyaway View Post
    Roy was 2nd team all-NBA Defensive squad...but again, according to others we have no assets anyone would want...
    No assets that others would want that we would be willing to trade away. That should be obvious.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I think there is no doubt we will be getting a better Hibbert than what we got at the end of the year, and we may even get all-star Hibbert back.
    I'll just say I'm terrified that Roy will always be player that struggles mentally at points of the season. The guy is 27.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/...bcs&ocid=yahoo

"wouldn't exactly oppose a trade......." If the shoe fits...

Quote Originally Posted by indyaway View Post
    Roy was 2nd team all-NBA Defensive squad...but again, according to others we have no assets anyone would want...
    With his boat anchor contract and tendency to disappear I doubt any team would take him for "free".

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    "wouldn't exactly oppose a trade......." If the shoe fits...
    Notice how Roy never said that, but a "source"?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Hate to say this, but Roy is too smart for Vogel in a basketball sense. Roy needs constructive criticism from a basketball X's and O's standpoint and this is clearly something Vogel lacks in. It's not as simple as telling Roy to just exert more energy or fight through his struggles or to merely provide positive reinforcement. Roy would thrive under a Popovich, Sloan, Stevens, Carlisle type of a coach who could instruct Roy on what he's doing wrong from a fundamental standpoint. If Roy and Vogel are going to have success together, the Pacers must find a big man coach who can help Roy with the technical aspects of the game.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Notice how Roy never said that, but a "source"?
    Did he ever deny it? If something like that is leaked and its not true thats the first thing you see. If not, well silp that shoe on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    HA! Actually no because the front office is going in the right direction already. I will just say that I believe Rondo or Dragic or a darkhorse Isaiah Thomas... will be our PG this Summer. If like Stein said, we are in exploratory talks for Dragic. Then we obviously know Hill is not our man. It's just a matter of time. I expect these talks to perhaps be like the GSW/Minn talks for K. Love. On and Off again. P.S. another dark horse candidate for PG.....

......Jeremy Lin.
    I thought about Lin, also. Question is, who pays the rest of Lin's salary that don't apply to the salary cap? Do you suppose the pacers would be willing to pay that money, making Lin a true $15 million player? Lin and Hill in our backcourt?

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I thought about Lin, also. Question is, who pays the rest of Lin's salary that don't apply to the salary cap? Do you suppose the pacers would be willing to pay that money, making Lin a true $15 million player? Lin and Hill in our backcourt?
    If that's our backcourt then we're not a playoff team as the Eastern Conference gets stronger in the next two years.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Bird was looking for a pure point guard, why not just go after Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    Did he ever deny it? If something like that is leaked and its not true thats the first thing you see. If not, well silp that shoe on.
    No player has ever denied every rumor that has come out, in fact most just don't even respond to them.

That's the thing. I hope we keep Lance. Lance and Lin would be an interesting back court. Houston is trying to clear salary though. But..... if they fail to land Melo or Lebron. Maybe, they show some interest in Hibbert or Hill and we can take Lin off their hands. I am not sure Dwight should be at center for them. Considering how undersized Jones is at PF. That was exposed last playoffs when LaMarcus Aldridge torched him.

They'd probably do Hill for Lin str8 up. Just to save money. But we'd have to move someone else to a cap below team to afford Lin, and to bring back Lance. So for example.... Hill for Lin. Hibbert to the Lakers for probably a future pick. That clears enough salary to bring Lance back and afford Lin. Now what would we do for a replacement center is the problem.

That's why I feel we in the end, wind up with Rondo. Boston we now know from this little "front office skirmish earlier".... has some interest in Hibbert. Could we talk Boston into taking Roy for Rondo? Str8 up? The value makes sense. But I think Boston will try and force Gerald Wallace on us. Then again, Ainge and Bird are ex-teammates so who knows. In that scenario, we could bring back Lance and maybe squeeze in a replacement center.
    Last edited by Grimp; 07-03-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    I think that might be plan B if Dragic falls through. He wants a better shooting PG. Dragic is a better shooter than Rondo. I'd prefer a Dragic/Lance backcourt since one is becoming a decent shooter and the other is a terrific shooter. Also, Rondo said allegedly, he wants a $100 million extension next Summer. I know that scared the crap out of Larry in any potential trade scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    If that's our backcourt then we're not a playoff team as the Eastern Conference gets stronger in the next two years.

True. Lin gives us speed and shooting at the PG spot. But if you replace Hill with Lance, that's a better duo. Either way, in order for any PG changing to work in Indy, Hill and or Roy will be traded. Unless someone comes out of nowhere with a dynamite offer for West. That includes a PG upgrade.

That's the thing. I hope we keep Lance. Lance and Lin would be an interesting back court. Houston is trying to clear salary though. But..... if they fail to land Melo or Lebron. Maybe, they show some interest in Hibbert or Hill and we can take Lin off their hands. I am not sure Dwight should be at center for them. Considering how undersized Jones is at PF. That was exposed last playoffs when LaMarcus Aldridge torched him.

They'd probably do Hill for Lin sta8 up. Just to save money. But we'd have to move someone else to a cap below team to afford Lin, and to bring back Lance. So for example.... Hill for Lin. Hibbert to the Lakers for probably a future pick. That clears enough salary to bring Lance back and afford Lin. Now what would we do for a replacement center is the problem.

That's why I feel we in the end, wind up with Rondo. Boston we now know from this little "front office skirmish earlier".... has some interest in Hibbert. Could we talk Boston into taking Roy for Rondo? Str8 up? The value makes sense. But I think Boston will try and force Gerald Wallace on us. Then again, Ainge and Bird are ex-teammates so who knows. In that scenario, we could bring back Lance and maybe squeeze in a replacement center.
    Hold up. Why would we trade Hill for Lin? Hill is much better than Lin. I love Lin, I'm a Lin homer, I'm asian, I have a Lin jersey, but there's absolutely no reason we should trade Hill for Lin.
    Terrence Jones is an amazing player - LMA basically torched everybody he played against. Dwight is also the best center in the league - I think he should be at center for them.

I don't think we want to make moves just to make moves. I don't even know what to say about the rest of the post
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    Hold up. Why would we trade Hill for Lin? Hill is much better than Lin. I love Lin, I'm a Lin homer, I'm asian, I have a Lin jersey, but there's absolutely no reason we should trade Hill for Lin.
    Terrence Jones is an amazing player - LMA basically torched everybody he played against. Dwight is also the best center in the league - I think he should be at center for them.

I don't think we want to make moves just to make moves. I don't even know what to say about the rest of the post

I disagree. I think for starters, Lin pushes the ball. And shows no fear on the court. Overall, it's really about body-language for me. Hill's body language to me screams...."I'm uninterested". I think that rubs off on our team sometimes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I disagree. I think for starters, Lin pushes the ball. And shows no fear on the court. Overall, it's really about body-language for me. Hill's body language to me screams...."I'm uninterested". I think that rubs off on our team sometimes.
    You don't pay 15 million for body language. Also he's had chemistry problems everywhere he's been. His high profile despite being a middling player has bothered players in both houston and new york. He's not nearly good enough to pay that much and risk that potential silly locker room problem.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    For one thing, it has been said that Rondo will be asking for the one hundred million dollar range for his next contract.

Lin? Really. Is it that bad Pacers nation? Are we seriously considering the scab that is Lin? People - if Lin were that good then his employers would retain him. Please, Lin. I can't believe that.

If I'm not mistaken Lin's salary was weighed to be end heavy so that the Rockets could afford him - they did that to prevent other teams from signing him while they did not have that much money to throw around. Its a poison pill contract. This just happens to be the last year of the contract where the "poisonous" aspect of the contract kicks in. Where he played for a modest amount before, he's getting paid a lot this year to make up for that. I'm pretty sure they intended on trading Lin for this year so that they don't have to pay that amount.

I think the bottom line for Grimp is - the grass is greener on the the other side

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Lin? Really. Is it that bad Pacers nation? Are we seriously considering the scab that is Lin? People - if Lin were that good then his employers would retain him. Please, Lin. I can't believe that.
    It's all good man, your just getting Grimped!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

so there's been nothing new on this since the afternoon, that mean it's dead or things are still in motion? usually you'd see "deal's dead" tweets by now but haven't seen any. who knows.