Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 271

Thread: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

  1. #151

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man didn't realize how much hate Pacer fans had for Hibbert. I think ya'll will really miss him if we have the likes of Olynyk or Biyombo starting at C next season....
    Not if that means we have a drastic upgrade at PG. We'd probably take a slight dip at C, but at least we'd have a guy that isn't soft as tissue and doesn't get pushed around.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  2. #152

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    I wont miss a 7'2" center missing layups and being to scared to dunk the ball

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  4. #153
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the direction of going for a young, athletic player in Biyombo. Unfortunately, I think he is officially a lottery bust
    Starting? I don't think so. He doesn't know how to play and couldn't get consistent playing time on a terribad Charlotte team.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  5. #154

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starting? I don't think so. He doesn't know how to play and couldn't get consistent playing time on a terribad Charlotte team.
    Erm, he got over 20MPG and 25MPG his first two seasons. I'm not sure what the expectations you would have from a Nigerian born player who hasn't played much basketball in his life. His PER36 numbers back up that he isn't terrible, at all. I don't know why/what happened last season and why his playing time fell down to 14MPG, but his PER36 numbers improved(they have improved all three seasons, each season by the way). He also is only 22 years old and fits the profile we need at C(not someone who wants consistent touches in the post, despite being a horrible offensive player).

    Think a younger, more athletic Samuel Dalembert as his ceiling.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:


  7. #155

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whispering : Javale Mcgee........

    I'd take Hawes over McGee. No one is sure he will start the season healthy coming off last season's injury.

  8. #156
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wont miss a 7'2" center missing layups and being to scared to dunk the ball
    You would miss Hibbert.

    Our team would miss Hibbert.

    I was very let down by him this year, just like everyone else was. That said, its silly to ignore how much his defense changes a game.

  9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #157
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    I just want to see Roy with a real point guard.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  12. #158
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would miss Hibbert.

    Our team would miss Hibbert.

    I was very let down by him this year, just like everyone else was. That said, its silly to ignore how much his defense changes a game.
    HE DID NOT HAVE ANY DEFENSE IN THE FINAL 30 GAMES AND IN PLAYOFFS. WE ALREADY MISS HIS DEFENSE!
    If a guy just falls off the basketball planet for 45+ games and plays like a complete pansy in the playoffs. What reason do you have to bring him back? He revealed who he was.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  13. #159
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Erm, he got over 20MPG and 25MPG his first two seasons. I'm not sure what the expectations you would have from a Nigerian born player who hasn't played much basketball in his life. His PER36 numbers back up that he isn't terrible, at all. I don't know why/what happened last season and why his playing time fell down to 14MPG, but his PER36 numbers improved(they have improved all three seasons, each season by the way). He also is only 22 years old and fits the profile we need at C(not someone who wants consistent touches in the post, despite being a horrible offensive player).

    Think a younger, more athletic Samuel Dalembert as his ceiling.
    Honestly, what I expected is exactly what happened - he ended up getting less time because he's not that good.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  14. #160

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HE DID NOT HAVE ANY DEFENSE IN THE FINAL 30 GAMES AND IN PLAYOFFS. WE ALREADY MISS HIS DEFENSE!
    If a guy just falls off the basketball planet for 45+ games and plays like a complete pansy in the playoffs. What reason do you have to bring him back? He revealed who he was.
    this isn't true no matter how many times people want to say it

    http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingD...nType=Playoffs

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  16. #161

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this isn't true no matter how many times people want to say it

    http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingD...nType=Playoffs
    The problem is, you're using purely stats around the rim. That's it. How about how many times he got beat on the PnR? How many times did he repeatedly let Dwayne Wade get into the lane only to drop a tear drop on his face? How many times did he flat out not close out on a three point shot in the Atlanta series? He was bad at a lot of things, defense was one.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:


  18. #162

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is, you're using purely stats around the rim. That's it. How about how many times he got beat on the PnR? How many times did he repeatedly let Dwayne Wade get into the lane only to drop a tear drop on his face? How many times did he flat out not close out on a three point shot in the Atlanta series? He was bad at a lot of things, defense was one.
    none of that is any different than what he did in the early parts of the year, or his entire career. his defense didn't go anywhere.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  20. #163
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Our defense would allow 15 more ppl without hibbert in the lineup.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  22. #164

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    none of that is any different than what he did in the early parts of the year, or his entire career. his defense didn't go anywhere.
    So, he's a bad defensive player in your mind then? Interesting. If what we saw in the playoffs/second half of last season is the normal status quo for Hibbert in your mind, then you agree he's bad defensively. Because, well .. he was.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  23. #165
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,512

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Could just be my perception, but it looked like Roy would only hustle on defense if he was scoring the ball. That is my only beef with Roy, that he cares about scoring points. When engaged, Roy is terrific on the defensive end, and we cannot dismiss his impact when he shows up defensively
    David "And One" West

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  25. #166
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Take Hibbert away from our team and you take our "contender" status away too.

    No matter which way you try cutting the pie, Hibbert is THAT valuable to our team.

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  27. #167
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our defense would allow 15 more ppl without hibbert in the lineup.
    Did you mean ppg?

    Roy is like a box of chocates. Maybe more like anyflavor Jellybeans. Sometimes he is great, but other times the bean taste like dish soap.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 07-03-2014 at 04:55 PM.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  29. #168

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take Hibbert away from our team and you take our "contender" status away too.

    No matter which way you try cutting the pie, Hibbert is THAT valuable to our team.
    Right, but even when he is on the team he takes himself out, which is what everyone here is talking about. Good Hibbert is dominant and one of the top 5 centers in the league. How often do we get that guy? 1/3rd of the season? 1/4th? How often do we get Bad Hibbert who is a detriment to the team that is outplayed by Ian? I would say this last season, especially when it counted the most​, we got the Bad Hibbert more than the Good Hibbert.

  30. #169
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,512

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take Hibbert away from our team and you take our "contender" status away too.

    No matter which way you try cutting the pie, Hibbert is THAT valuable to our team.
    I don't want to make this a Roy debate, but I disagree. He had a few playoff games with 0 points and 0 rebounds. I understand the Hawks were a bad match up for Roy, but there is never any excuse having those numbers. I would prefer a center only concerned with defense and hustling. I could deal with a defensive downgrade at Center if that player didn't care about scoring points. Addition by subtraction sort of
    David "And One" West

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  32. #170
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,201
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our defense would allow 15 more ppl without hibbert in the lineup.
    Would they be allowed 15 more people? Is that legal???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #171
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,423

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is, you're using purely stats around the rim. That's it. How about how many times he got beat on the PnR? How many times did he repeatedly let Dwayne Wade get into the lane only to drop a tear drop on his face? How many times did he flat out not close out on a three point shot in the Atlanta series? He was bad at a lot of things, defense was one.
    Hes a rim protector. Asking him to cover anywhere outside of 6 ft near the rim is too much for a slow footed, un athletic C like Roy. Players and teams still shoot a putrid percentage at the rim and Roy is a lot of that. Most of that even.

    You talk about D wade shooting a floater over him, how about the guy guarding him that's letting Wade get to the cup? Where's his responsibility for that?

    Our defense went from historically great to just pretty good once our perimiter players started playing lax on the perimiter. Our lack of speed up top hurts sometimes as well
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  35. #172

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    So to put this thing in perspective, I hope people realize, in the past 25 years (since Magic) only two all-star PGs (Tony Parker and I.Thomas (Pistons)) have ever won the finals. It's mostly the wings SF/SG (MJ, LBJ, Kobe) or a PF/C (Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Dirk) that carry the team. There is a reason big men get paid more, there aren't that many while there is a glut of decent point guards.

  36. #173
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,512

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So to put this thing in perspective, I hope people realize, in the past 25 years (since Magic) only two all-star PGs (Tony Parker and I.Thomas (Pistons)) have ever won the finals. It's mostly the wings SF/SG (MJ, LBJ, Kobe) or a PF/C (Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Dirk) that carry the team. There is a reason big men get paid more, there aren't that many while there is a glut of decent point guards.
    Game has changed a lot over the years. Ball handling duties are not only inclusive with PG's. I would argue Lebron James was more of a PG than Mario Chalmers. Lebron ran the offense
    David "And One" West

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  38. #174

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want to see Roy with a real point guard.
    Why? I really don't think it will help his offense any at all. A purer point guard won't help his slow feet, slow hands, and soft shot attempts at the rim. Lance and Paul dropped it off to him under the rim dozens of times this year where He didn't even convert 50 percent of the time. And I'm not bashing Roy, I love his rim protection and hooks in the post when he's putting them up with confidence. I just don't think a better pg will help with his slow hands and feet and soft shot attempts at the rim.

    The only instances that I can see a better pg would help is feeding him the ball more in the post bc they know he won't play as aggressive D if he's not getting his touches, and getting him a couple more passes a game when he's being fronted in the post.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to ReginaldWayne For This Useful Post:


  40. #175

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So to put this thing in perspective, I hope people realize, in the past 25 years (since Magic) only two all-star PGs (Tony Parker and I.Thomas (Pistons)) have ever won the finals. It's mostly the wings SF/SG (MJ, LBJ, Kobe) or a PF/C (Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Dirk) that carry the team. There is a reason big men get paid more, there aren't that many while there is a glut of decent point guards.
    Rondo is a 4 time all star. Chauncy Billups was too. Or did you mean the same year?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •