Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't pay 15 million for body language. Also he's had chemistry problems everywhere he's been. His high profile despite being a middling player has bothered players in both houston and new york. He's not nearly good enough to pay that much and risk that potential silly locker room problem.

Lin plays at a quicker pace. That fits in the back court with Lance. Also Lin and Lance have similar "handles". Would make for some very exciting and camera-worthy moments. Hill's style is painful to watch. I am not sure how anyone can like walking the ball every time. Wasting precious SC seconds. As for Lin's chemistry issues. As I recall, he never got a fair shot with GSW. They dealt him because he was an end of the bench guy. Much like they did Bazemore last season.

He wound up in New York with the Knicks. MELO..... convinced Woodson to play him. Woodson did, and Linsanity was born. Unfortunately, Lin wanted to get paid and the Knicks weren't willing to do it. So Houston got him. Unfortunately for Jeremy, Morey is sort of a douche. So after Lin got there, and Houston didn't improve much. Somehow, James Harden taking too many shots became Lin's fault. And that's when rumors of Lin for D. Williams and Lin for a Rondo package, and Lin for a salary dump and a bag of combos became rampant. I think Lin felt used, and lied to. So if he's "caught a tude in Houston". I can't blame him.

Remember, Morey also apparently wants to trade Harden for Melo. And Parson's for Rondo. After he hasn't even had either of them for that long. And both are good shooters and "key" guys. Morey is 'James Bond' evil.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

over/under on 20 pages before this thread dies

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    so there's been nothing new on this since the afternoon, that mean it's dead or things are still in motion? usually you'd see "deal's dead" tweets by now but haven't seen any. who knows.
    I think it means the NBA reporters are in utter shock at the deals Bird is busy working. I'm talking Dragic/George/Durant/West/M. Gasol next year's starting 5 type magic.

BELIEVE IN BIRD

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    I think it means the NBA reporters are in utter shock at the deals Bird is busy working. I'm talking Dragic/George/Durant/West/M. Gasol next year's starting 5 type magic.

BELIEVE IN BIRD
    I heard Bird's been feeling REALLY good since the back surgery and there's some rumors he's working on getting back in playing shape. I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post

BELIEVE IN BIRD
    Time for me to go dream now...thx!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

so there's been nothing new on this since the afternoon, that mean it's dead or things are still in motion? usually you'd see "deal's dead" tweets by now but haven't seen any. who knows.
    You never can tell. I think once Melo makes his decision things could change. PHX wanted Melo and Lebron. They were also after Pau, and still haven't re-signed Frye. Boston is much more solid though. They're out of the Kevin Love sweepstakes. And other than finding a trade for Jeff Green (which it was rumored, they had a taker for him already if the Love trade went down)...... there's nothing left for Ainge to do other than possibly trading Rondo.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    Did he ever deny it? If something like that is leaked and its not true thats the first thing you see. If not, well silp that shoe on.
    Yes. His agent denied it immediatedly and said that Roy's "circle" consisted only of Roy and the agent himself and that neither of them said that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Yes. His agent denied it immediately and said that Roy's "circle" consisted only of Roy and the agent himself and that neither of them said that.
    Not doubting you but do you perhaps have a link?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Lin plays at a quicker pace. That fits in the back court with Lance. Also Lin and Lance have similar "handles". Would make for some very exciting and camera-worthy moments. Hill's style is painful to watch. I am not sure how anyone can like walking the ball every time. Wasting precious SC seconds. As for Lin's chemistry issues. As I recall, he never got a fair shot with GSW. They dealt him because he was an end of the bench guy. Much like they did Bazemore last season.

He wound up in New York with the Knicks. MELO..... convinced Woodson to play him. Woodson did, and Linsanity was born. Unfortunately, Lin wanted to get paid and the Knicks weren't willing to do it. So Houston got him. Unfortunately for Jeremy, Morey is sort of a douche. So after Lin got there, and Houston didn't improve much. Somehow, James Harden taking too many shots became Lin's fault. And that's when rumors of Lin for D. Williams and Lin for a Rondo package, and Lin for a salary dump and a bag of combos became rampant. I think Lin felt used, and lied to. So if he's "caught a tude in Houston". I can't blame him.

Remember, Morey also apparently wants to trade Harden for Melo. And Parson's for Rondo. After he hasn't even had either of them for that long. And both are good shooters and "key" guys. Morey is 'James Bond' evil.
    Minor thing.....but Lin excelled under D'Antoni.....no Woodson. Linsanity was born on February 4th 2012.....before Woodson took over.

If Lin could be had for the Full MLE next season.....I'll be okay with him running the point next season ( not this season...cuz of his huge Price tag ).....AS LONG as we have someone that is good at running the PnR with him.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-03-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was on the ESPN story that broke a few days later. Sorry, don't have a link handy though. I did make a joke when it happened about Area55 being the closest thing Roy had to a camp or entourage though.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please no Lin!!! Man he's terrible. If Lin ever starts for us u will be begging for g hill back I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    It's all good man, your just getting Grimped!
    We need a new term for this. How about Grimp-Slapped?

Here is my thought on this. How often is the first rumor you hear (during this time period) the one which actually happens? Seems like it is always a later developing story that gets done. Maybe I'm just not remembering things correctly, but it seems to me to be the way it unfolds.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm assuming tge deal is dead, but I think it sets a precedent for the type of move Bird is wanting to make this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I'm assuming tge deal is dead, but I think it sets a precedent for the type of move Bird is wanting to make this summer
    And because of that, I'm thrilled. There was a lot of talk about Bird not wanting to go after a pure point guard after we got beat in the ECFs. This proves that he does see the need to address the point guard issue aggressively. So much for his presser that indicated that he wanted to give this roster another try this year! People should take this as a sign that he is very much willing to shake things up, and to acquire someone like Dragic, he is probably putting major pieces on the table.

In other threads, I've recently expressed that I would be content moving forward with our current roster, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer making a move like this.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt it was very alive to begin with. Can't imagine why the league's biggest surprise team from last year would trade their best player for the pieces that we could offer.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    I'll just say I'm terrified that Roy will always be player that struggles mentally at points of the season. The guy is 27.

He has every year since he's been a Pacer. What's going to change him being a mental midget. Hibbert is his own worst enemy.

We lost a 15 yo dog that still had more mental toughness the day it died than Hibbert does.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I doubt it was very alive to begin with. Can't imagine why the league's biggest surprise team from last year would trade their best player for the pieces that we could offer.
    It does seem strange for them to be anywhere near parting with Dragic...unless, as the rumors report, the Pacers have gotten Boston into the discussion to send Rondo to the Suns. As much as the Suns might love Dragic and value his career season, I think they would see Rondo as an upgrade and make that move. But, the question still remains: who the heck can we entice Boston with for parting with the face of their franchise?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

"From the first day Larry Bird committed to draft Roy Hibbert in June 2008 [Hibbert was actually acquired via a Draft-day trade from Toronto], the Pacers and Roy have been a wonderful fit. Challenges this season have not changed that for Roy ... Roy does not have an entourage. I am his principle advisor ... his 'camp' has not expressed any opinions to [ESPN] whatsoever concerning a trade."
    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt3b

This article is a bit huge but you can find the above quote above the "TOP O' THE WORLD, MA!" column.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    I'll just say I'm terrified that Roy will always be player that struggles mentally at points of the season. The guy is 27.
    That's why its time to trade his azz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    It does seem strange for them to be anywhere near parting with Dragic...unless, as the rumors report, the Pacers have gotten Boston into the discussion to send Rondo to the Suns. As much as the Suns might love Dragic and value his career season, I think they would see Rondo as an upgrade and make that move. But, the question still remains: who the heck can we entice Boston with for parting with the face of their franchise?
    I'm assuming Boston will go into full rebuild mode if they move Rondo. My thoughts are Hibbert would be heading to Boston. Celtics rumors early in the summer were that they were looking for a rim protector, Sullinger's dad was even quoted saying the Celtics promised they would acquire a center so his son could play his natural position of PF.

I also think the Pacers and Suns could take back salary the Celtics may be wanting to unload in Jeff Green and Gerald Wallace who will both likely take up $19mil of cap space in 2015 with Green's $9mil player option and Wallace's $10mil deal.

Pacers could add Scola (partial guarantee) or Copeland and a future 1st to the deal. Suns could add future 1st or some of their young prospects. Morris Twins, Len, Goodwin, Warren or Bogdanovic.

Suns are also rumored to be after LeBron or Melo...would one be interested in playing beside Rondo and Bledsoe? If not maybe Suns play out the year and try to convince Love to come to Phoenix.

A lot of variables of course, but if Celtics feel they need to rebuild, they could unload 2 bad contracts plus Rondo, get back Hibbert, picks and young talent. Suns get Rondo to pair with Bledsoe and hopefully a 3rd star type player. Pacers get Dragic and can move Hill to the 2 if they can't resign Lance. Could resign Lance and move Hill for parts, or use Hill as 6th man.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Last I checked, the Pacers went to the ECF 2 years in a row and the Pacers have done it primarily with the starters. The starters that, on paper, out play every team in the league. But, for some reason the Pacers don't have the pieces to get Dragic? And the Suns have done what? And the Suns Starters have done what? And 2 of the 3 best players was Pacers that 1) couldn't break into the rotation 2) poor played himself right out of the rotation.

But again, the Pacers don't have the pieces...really tired of hearing that dumb remark.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I have a feeling this deal has died.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    Yeah...but the thread is going strong!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    Most likely. Normally with Pacers trade, once it's reported, it's already agreed upon, or it was just a smokescreen in the first place.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post: