Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 251 to 271 of 271

Thread: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

  1. #251
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last I checked, the Pacers went to the ECF 2 years in a row and the Pacers have done it primarily with the starters. The starters that, on paper, out play every team in the league. But, for some reason the Pacers don't have the pieces to get Dragic? And the Suns have done what? And the Suns Starters have done what? And 2 of the 3 best players was Pacers that 1) couldn't break into the rotation 2) poor played himself right out of the rotation.

    But again, the Pacers don't have the pieces...really tired of hearing that dumb remark.
    OK. How about the Pacers don't have good pieces to spare, or pieces that the Suns would want in that trade. Or maybe they just value Dragic that much. He's not chopped liver, you know.

  2. #252
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Pacers trade value. I am guessing every team when the pacers call them ask about PG. You want Dragic ok we'll talk when you discuss including PG. He has really high trade value. Our other players. Not that much.

    Plus I also think the value a lot of our players have increases when they are a group as opposed to parts. Especially true before February 1 2014
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-04-2014 at 04:01 PM.

  3. #253
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers trade value. I am guessing every team when the pacers call them ask about PG. You want Dragic ok we'll talk when you discuss including PG. He has really high trade value. Our other players. Not that much
    You think so? People move guys all the time for picks and players even when giving up the most talent.

  4. #254
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling this deal has died.
    Not saying you're wrong, but every year right before 4th of July weekend trade/signing chatter goes crazy then right after things actually start to happen. I imagine due to family time.

  5. #255
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK. How about the Pacers don't have good pieces to spare, or pieces that the Suns would want in that trade. Or maybe they just value Dragic that much. He's not chopped liver, you know.
    And the Pacers aren't chopped liver and Suns do have Bledsoe, which is a much more promising pg for that young Suns team. Dragic is no doubt expendible. Just have to find the right deal for both teams and it may need a 3rd team to flavor all the liver.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  6. #256
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers trade value. I am guessing every team when the pacers call them ask about PG. You want Dragic ok we'll talk when you discuss including PG. He has really high trade value. Our other players. Not that much.

    Plus I also think the value a lot of our players have increases when they are a group as opposed to parts. Especially true before February 1 2014

    Yep, your right, teams don't want starters that are team players. They just don't have what it takes to win.

    Some of you way undervalue our team.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  8. #257

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I have a feeling this deal has died.
    Every year a possible deal pops up, and everyone goes ballistic over it only to have it be nothing but rumor/rumors. This is the 1st of many.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  10. #258
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Is it possible that deals like this are, much like the Lance free agency situation, on hold till the major free agents sign and the overall landscape is a little more clear? I'm of the understanding that Phoenix is one of the free agency players at the moment. All I'm saying is, I don't exactly see a reason to be so sure the deal is dead.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  12. #259
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,622

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it possible that deals like this are, much like the Lance free agency situation, on hold till the major free agents sign and the overall landscape is a little more clear? I'm of the understanding that Phoenix is one of the free agency players at the moment. All I'm saying is, I don't exactly see a reason to be so sure the deal is dead.
    Agreed, things could get pretty crazy once the big FAs sign their deals.

  13. #260
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,340

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Any deal will go down one week after the PD summer forum gathering. Whenever that's announced.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #261

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, your right, teams don't want starters that are team players. They just don't have what it takes to win.

    Some of you way undervalue our team.
    It has nothing to do with "team players" it has to do with overpaid players. Our starters are good. They are also overpaid regarding West, Hill, and Hibbert. Their contracts make them very hard to trade.

  16. #262
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by RHetrick87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has nothing to do with "team players" it has to do with overpaid players. Our starters are good. They are also overpaid regarding West, Hill, and Hibbert. Their contracts make them very hard to trade.
    Overpaid team players that win tons of season games and playoff games, I think your on to something...not.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  18. #263
    immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness Fortress, Sahara Desert
    Posts
    808
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Yeah, I wouldn't consider this dead yet. The Suns are looking to bring in a big contract player through FA, so will look to cut costs at stacked positions, and I think they would rather go forward with Bledsoe who has a lot more upside and could be a two-way star at his position. They will obviously deny these reports, but it makes sense that they would listen to offers for Dragic, seeing as they probably don't want to invest big money into two PGs, who can certainly play alongside one another, but may be better off playing with a more prototype SG. Plus, they have a really promising prospect PG in Ennis who is on a rookie contract. I think that is key. If they have a lot of hopes for Ennis, who showed incredible maturity as a freshman, and was listed in the top 10 in mocks for stretches of the year, then it makes sense that a move like this would also serve to offer Ennis opportunities to get playing time and develop his game.

  19. #264

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider this dead yet. The Suns are looking to bring in a big contract player through FA, so will look to cut costs at stacked positions, and I think they would rather go forward with Bledsoe who has a lot more upside and could be a two-way star at his position. They will obviously deny these reports, but it makes sense that they would listen to offers for Dragic, seeing as they probably don't want to invest big money into two PGs, who can certainly play alongside one another, but may be better off playing with a more prototype SG. Plus, they have a really promising prospect PG in Ennis who is on a rookie contract. I think that is key. If they have a lot of hopes for Ennis, who showed incredible maturity as a freshman, and was listed in the top 10 in mocks for stretches of the year, then it makes sense that a move like this would also serve to offer Ennis opportunities to get playing time and develop his game.

    Don't forget they also have Ish Smith. Another point guard who hardly sees the floor.

  20. #265
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,238

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any deal will go down one week after the PD summer forum gathering. Whenever that's announced.....
    Sounds like someone needs to set a date, for tomorrow. :-)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  21. #266

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider this dead yet. The Suns are looking to bring in a big contract player through FA, so will look to cut costs at stacked positions, and I think they would rather go forward with Bledsoe who has a lot more upside and could be a two-way star at his position. They will obviously deny these reports, but it makes sense that they would listen to offers for Dragic, seeing as they probably don't want to invest big money into two PGs, who can certainly play alongside one another, but may be better off playing with a more prototype SG. Plus, they have a really promising prospect PG in Ennis who is on a rookie contract. I think that is key. If they have a lot of hopes for Ennis, who showed incredible maturity as a freshman, and was listed in the top 10 in mocks for stretches of the year, then it makes sense that a move like this would also serve to offer Ennis opportunities to get playing time and develop his game.
    For as good as Dragic is, he's also 28 years old and the first season in 8 where he put up great numbers, so I don't think it's farfetched the move him, especially when they have Tyler Ennis they'll want to get some run and Bledsoe who has great upside. If they are serious contenders for LeBron/Bosh or LeBron/someone they would probably need to clear some cap somehow and Dragic does make 7.5M the next two seasons. The most likely scenario would be a three-team trade...
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  22. #267
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    To those who say they don't think this deal is dead... I ask what makes you sure it was ever alive? I saw a tweet we were interested and another saying it was pretty one-sided.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  24. #268

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    I don't understand why the Dragic report was cause for such angst here. It was a rumor by a talking head throwing stuff against the wall, hoping something would stick. I think the only way Pho. would even talk to the Pacers would be a s&t of Dragic and Lance. Money would be close and need on both sides filled. Would Pho. go for a Dragic/Frye/filler for West? don't think David fits the mold of what the Suns are trying to do.

  25. #269

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why the Dragic report was cause for such angst here. It was a rumor by a talking head throwing stuff against the wall, hoping something would stick. I think the only way Pho. would even talk to the Pacers would be a s&t of Dragic and Lance. Money would be close and need on both sides filled. Would Pho. go for a Dragic/Frye/filler for West? don't think David fits the mold of what the Suns are trying to do.


    I think they would have interest in West. The link there is TJ Warren. Maybe they feel it'd be good to have West around to mentor him.

  26. #270

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why the Dragic report was cause for such angst here. It was a rumor by a talking head throwing stuff against the wall, hoping something would stick. I think the only way Pho. would even talk to the Pacers would be a s&t of Dragic and Lance. Money would be close and need on both sides filled. Would Pho. go for a Dragic/Frye/filler for West? don't think David fits the mold of what the Suns are trying to do.


    Marc Stein was talking about it so it definitely had legs. The question is, does it STILL have legs? Was this Indy's first attempt? Or have they broken the talks for July 4th weekend. Or will domino's start to fall when Lebron and Melo sign wherever.

  27. #271
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: Pacers trying to deal for Dragic

    I think LeBron may be the key to the trade getting done. Here's my perspective.

    http://inkonindy.com/2014/07/05/dragic-pacers-happen/

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •