Thread: Lance's Offer

Default Lance's Offer

Per ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...passe-contract

Despite the Indiana Pacers' heartfelt movie tribute and presentation to Lance Stephenson, the two sides are currently at an impasse over a new deal, according to sources close to the situation.

ESPN
    Lance Stephenson, whose unusual tactics made headlines during the Eastern Conference finals against the Heat, averaged a career-high 13.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists last season .

The Pacers offered a five-year, $44 million contract to Stephenson, but sources said the versatile shooting guard believes he's worth much more.

Stephenson averaged 13.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists last season -- all career highs for the four-year player.

"Lance and his representatives aren't sure they're going to be able to reach an agreement with the Pacers," a source said. "It's clear they want him back and he wanted to go back, but they may not be able to come to terms."

Several clubs have reached out to Stephenson's agent, Alberto Ebanks, to register their interest, most notably the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, according to sources.

Michael Jordan and the Charlotte Hornets also have interest in Stephenson.

Mike and Mike

ESPN NBA Insider Chris Broussard weighs in on negotiations between Lance Stephenson and the Pacers, whether the Big Three will return for the Heat and Carmelo Anthony's future.

More Podcasts

While money is a factor, Stephenson will not simply go to the highest bidder, sources said. He wants to go to a team that is either a contender or a competitive up-and-coming club.

The Pacers pulled out all the stops Tuesday by hosting Stephenson and his family at a local theater and surprising him with a movie about his life.

With lucrative contracts already committed to Paul George ($15.8 million), Roy Hibbert ($14.9 million) and David West ($12 million), the Pacers feel they are offering Stephenson as much as they can while remaining financially prudent.
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lance's Offer

That offer is not going to be enough for Lance to re-sign. The Pacers might need to trade George Hill or Ian Mahinmi to a team under the cap to make enough room for him if they really want to keep him.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 07-05-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

We are in trouble next year if we lose Lance, looks like we are going to.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

I would trade Hibbert for a bag of chips at this point just do Lance can stay

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Didn't we give Ron Artest a new deal in 03 and let Brad Miller walk because we now could not afford him? Dumping a big to keep a volatile small is not always a good idea. (I could be wrong my memory is not always perfect but it sure seems that was all at the same time)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Bye Lance. The offer is fair. Some team might pay 10/per but I don't want to.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Didn't we give Ron Artest a new deal in 03 and let Brad Miller walk because we now could not afford him? Dumping a big to keep a volatile small is not always a good idea. (I could be wrong my memory is not always perfect but it sure seems that was all at the same time)
    The did sign Artest but I think it was the 5 mil a year we gave to Jonathan Bender that kept us from keeping Miller.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not ready to close the book on this Lance thing. Yeah, it is not looking great, and once Lebron and Melo go somewhere someone might blow our offer away, but I think if our offer is at least competitive we have a good chance of him wanting to come back.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I'm glad you're not running the team then.

I want Lance back and we are not going to be in a good position next year without him. That said, we would be in a much worse situation without Hibbert. I'm not even trying to stick up for him with his performance throughout the playoffs and late season, but he is much more important to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Some team might pay 10/per
    Who?

I don't want to dig through the other 20-page thread. What teams could potentially offer that kind of money?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

even if we "win" the bidding battle (and I'm sure we wont increase the offer at any stage) I would not want him back anymore, obviously he will feel underpaid and under-appreciated during the entire contract and sorry, I've seen what a "dissapointed" Lance looks like, please don't let the door hit you.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Who?

I don't want to dig through the other 20-page thread. What teams could potentially offer that kind of money?

Charlotte
    Lakers
    Chicago
    Atlanta

Have all been mentioned.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Charlotte
    Lakers
    Chicago
    Atlanta

Have all been mentioned.
    If he doesn't resign, which is kinda expected at this point, I hope he goes to the Hornets.

Walker
    Stephenson
    MKG
    Jefferson
    Vonleh

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    even if we "win" the bidding battle (and I'm sure we wont increase the offer at any stage) I would not want him back anymore, obviously he will feel underpaid and under-appreciated during the entire contract and sorry, I've seen what a "dissapointed" Lance looks like, please don't let the door hit you.
    Not sure I get the underpaid/underappreciated part. It wouldn't be like the Pacers used some contract clause to force him into a lowball salary. If no other team offers more how can Lance blame the Pacers? There's just as much of a probability that he learns that the type of attempt to show off he did to try to prove he should have been an All-Star was detrimental and so doesn't do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    If no other team offers more how can Lance blame the Pacers? There's just as much of a probability that he learns that the type of attempt to show off he did to try to prove he should have been an All-Star was detrimental and so doesn't do it.
    You're talking about a guy who may not be that insightful. Nothing he does or thinks would surprise me.