Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible bright spot if Lance leaves

Default Possible bright spot if Lance leaves

George Hill being FORCED to be aggressive. We all know what type of player we have with Hill when he is aggressive and looking for his shot (Portland game anyone?), and with Lance leaving, we know Paul George can't do it all alone, West can't be relied on to be the #2 scorer every night at his age (Not that he isn't capable of doing it anymore), and Hibbert will never be an offensive force. If CJ Miles is our starter, he is an outstanding shooter, and can certainly get hot and go for 20+ points on some nights, but again can't be relied on every night, but George Hill.... If he can be aggressive, he can be a very dangerous scorer in this league.

To me, Hill's biggest problem has never been ability, hell, i think he is a #2 scorer in this league if he is aggressive. The problem is he has never been able to be aggressive night in and night out, but this deal could force Hill to be aggressive, thoughts?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Possible bright spot if Lance leaves

Without Lance we would undoubtedly be less talented, but I think the chemistry would improve significantly. It could easily turn out to be an addition-by-subtraction situation, depending on who would succeed him.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I agree with the idea, but I just don't think it's in GHill's nature.

We all know hes a very capable scorer and he'll tease you every now and then by coming out aggressive.

I'm just not sure he has the personality to do it every game
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George Hill being FORCED to be aggressive. We all know what type of player we have with Hill when he is aggressive and looking for his shot (Portland game anyone?), and with Lance leaving, we know Paul George can't do it all alone, West can't be relied on to be the #2 scorer every night at his age (Not that he isn't capable of doing it anymore), and Hibbert will never be an offensive force. If CJ Miles is our starter, he is an outstanding shooter, and can certainly get hot and go for 20+ points on some nights, but again can't be relied on every night, but George Hill.... If he can be aggressive, he can be a very dangerous scorer in this league.

To me, Hill's biggest problem has never been ability, hell, i think he is a #2 scorer in this league if he is aggressive. The problem is he has never been able to be aggressive night in and night out, but this deal could force Hill to be aggressive, thoughts?

Nope, nah. I honestly would make an offer to Nick Young or Bledsoe. Same offer we made to Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post

We all know hes a very capable scorer and he'll tease you every now and then by coming out aggressive.

Wouldn't putting the ball in his hands every game and making him go try to score or create a shot make him do it though? Without Lance that will be his responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Nope, nah. I honestly would make an offer to Nick Young or Bledsoe. Same offer we made to Lance.
    Bledsoe maybe, but Nick Young? You would seriously offer almost 9M to Nick Young?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Bledsoe will get more than Lance does, and Nick Young is not even close to being worth that amount of money.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think people are severely underestimating how much losing Stephenson is going to hurt us.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post

He won't do it every game, but increasing Hill's involvement in the offense should help him and the offense as a whole by itself. I expect as Hill is more involved in our offense, the more efficient the offense will be.

I don't see it.....I like Hill too but I don't see him being consistently as aggressive as we need him to be....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Bledsoe maybe, but Nick Young? You would seriously offer almost 9M to Nick Young?
    Shade I wouldn't be crazy enough to pay that kind of money to Swaggy-erratic to start for us. BUT.............if it spares us Rodney Stuckey "trying" to score? Then yes. This (if we lose Lance) is what we call a Pacer emergency. This is like in the Resident Evil games when they release the Nemesis Creation.

Swaggy can SCORE. Sure, his b-ball IQ may be low. And he takes bad shots a bit too much. But I'd rather watch a pure scorer do what he does for us, night in and night out. Instead of watch Stuckey "try" and be that guy. So in answer to your question, YES. BREAK GLASS, and sign Nick Young if Lance leaves.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I think people are severely underestimating how much losing Stephenson is going to hurt us.

I think people are overestimating the idea of losing Lance. Last yr was his first and only yr being a featured offensive player. This took the ball out of the hands of Hill and West more. The loss of Lance just puts the ball back in their hands more like 2 years ago when we made it to the ECF. Add a shooter to space the floor and an improved PG, and I think we are more than fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Thats a bright spot? Trying to force a guy making 8 million a year to be aggressive?

I know the George Hill fans want him to prove them right really bad. But they need to just realize he is what he is, and that's not gonna change.

He is a borderline starter at best. Really, he would be best served as a 6th man.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Shade I wouldn't be crazy enough to pay that kind of money to Swaggy-erratic to start for us. BUT.............if it spares us Rodney Stuckey "trying" to score? Then yes. This (if we lose Lance) is what we call a Pacer emergency. This is like in the Resident Evil games when they release the Nemesis Creation.

Swaggy can SCORE. Sure, his b-ball IQ may be low. And he takes bad shots a bit too much. But I'd rather watch a pure scorer do what he does for us, night in and night out. Instead of watch Stuckey "try" and be that guy. So in answer to your question, YES. BREAK GLASS, and sign Nick Young if Lance leaves.
    You do realize Stuckey has a higher scoring avg and shooting percentage than Nick Young right? Not saying Stuckey is a savior, just that he has a proven track record of being a scorer
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Wouldn't putting the ball in his hands every game and making him go try to score or create a shot make him do it though? Without Lance that will be his responsibility.
    He did when Granger first got hurt and Lance and PG hadn't broken out yet. Hill and West carried the team the first half of that season.

I think how well we play without Lance all depends on Solo, though. Vogel and Larry seem to be high on him as a defender and think he can develop as a shooter. Solo's passing impressed me in that he never let the ball stick when he got it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    We have been a very good team with Lance not being a key part for years, some would say we were better in the playoffs the year before Lance broke out then now, and if Paul George continues to improve, who says we can't improve as a team?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Just so we are on the same page....how much do you think that the Pacers can offer Bledsoe?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

No, **** no. We don't need that ****** player here. I'd rather roll with CJ CJ and Hill that sign that loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think people are overestimating the idea of losing Lance. Last yr was his first and only yr being a featured offensive player. This took the ball out of the hands of Hill and West more. The loss of Lance just puts the ball back in their hands more like 2 years ago when we made it to the ECF. Add a shooter to space the floor and an improved PG, and I think we are more than fine
    The problem is that David West is pretty old and already looks tired enough by the ECF's as it stands. Putting more of the regular season workload on him is about the last thing we need right now. Plus West had great chemistry with Lance. I don't think West will be happy about losing Lance.

Losing Lance will definitely help Hill individually, but that doesn't excite me much. Lance's ceiling is much higher than Hill.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    You do realize Stuckey has a higher scoring avg and shooting percentage than Nick Young right? Not saying Stuckey is a savior, just that he has a proven track record of being a scorer
    To be fair, Stuckey hasn't been traded 4 times. I am not sure if that means Nick is in demand, and a player teams are willing to take on. Or if he drives people so crazy they can't wait to get rid of him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    I know the George Hill fans want him to prove them right really bad
    trying to break it down into camps like this is really annoying. has been every tie it's happened here.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Just so we are on the same page....how much do you think that the Pacers can offer Bledsoe?
    I know PHX can offer more, but I'd offer Bledsoe what we offered Lance, and hope he takes it to come to a contender. Key word being hope.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also here's a comparison of Hill's first year as a starter vs. Lance last year.

It doesn't account for how much Lance will improve, but hey, we might actually be fine.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

To be fair, Stuckey hasn't been traded 4 times. I am not sure if that means Nick is in demand, and a player teams are willing to take on. Or if he drives people so crazy they can't wait to get rid of him.
    Good Lord dude no FO is clamoring for Nick Young.

I wanted Lance back a lot too, but I don't think losing him spells doom for us next year, I still think we can win a title without him.