Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers sign Damjan Rudez 3 year deal...

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers sign Damjan Rudez 3 year deal...

My goodness, you guys can come to some great conclusions based on only the fact that we signed a guy for three years and he is 6'10"

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This might explain the number change for Solomon Hill. Rudez is shown wearing 9 in highlights.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hahahaha, it's the Jasikevicius signing all over again. Great Larry! Can't wait to hear about how we get one of the best shooters in the league.
    Sarunas was signed in July 2005 and was at the time being pursued by the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Utah Jazz. Rudez has recently drawn interest from the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Toronto Raptors, and the Utah Jazz. So, obviously, nothing alike.

But seriously, what gives me hope here is that Pete Philo, our new Director of International Scouting, is already well-regarded in the NBA community. This will be his first overseas selection for the Pacers, so we'll see how good he really is, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Shot over 50% from 3 one season, this is the shooter everyone wanted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Maybe Larry sees him as a SF.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Moving on from Lance? Or trading Cope or Mahimni?
    Moving on from Lance, maybe. It sounds like Rudez is a 3. Using the fact that Paul can play both wing spots, perhaps. This give the Pacers 4 wing guys of various shapes and sizes, but CJ Miles is the only 'true' SG. This could be a move to feature more Paul with the ball and this guy to spot up.

Has the salary figure been released yet? I am seeing minimum but has that been confirmed?

6' 10" and 200 lbs I know people that are 5' 10" with the same weight
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo

I'm reading TBird's short profile of him from his Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBird1245
    Finally, thoughts on Damjan Rudez.

I have not scouted him intensely yet, but after he was mentioned by the media a few weeks ago as working out for NBA teams (with Indiana being prominently mentioned back then), I did gather some material and study him some.

Rudez may be 6'10, but he is a 3 man, no question about it. He is only 210lbs at best and he plays very softly and weakly.....he lacks strength big time. He is a perimeter player only, which to me means he doesn't really effect any decision on Scola whatsoever.

He has great shooting form, and a very high and quick release. His shot isn't totally text book but it is close, and he will not have any trouble getting it off if he can get open.

He is also a pretty good passer, and for someone 6'10 he can handle the ball well. He is creative, smart offensive, sees the floor, and understands how to play offense.

But I have no clue who he can guard. He has to guard perimeter guys, because he is so weak strength wise. But he is slow and gangly, and gets his feet crossed up some in his slide. He has shorter arms than you'd think and he doesn't jump well quickly....he is a below the rim below average athlete for a NBA wing.

He also might be the worst rebounder I have ever seen. He can't react to the ball, can't block out due to the lack of strength, and quite frankly he is more interested in leaking out and trying to get in position for a transition 3 pointer. He averaged less than 2 rebounds a game, and that was playing against more unathletic guys than he will see in the NBA.

Rudez is a project, except that at his age he can't BE a project. But at best he is a guy who this particular year will just have to develop in practice and in the D league, because I don't see how he can see the floor other than in garbage time. Maybe in 2015/2016 or beyond that, after a year of getting used to the NBA game, he can bring something to the table, but for next year I just don't see it at this point. Don't in your mind be banking on him for any credible role next year.
    Great that we signed a 3pt shooter ( something that I've been asking for and was hoping to get with Morrow ), but I'm holding my breathe on this signing. I really hope that this doesn't turn into Cabbage PT2. I guess it will depend on the Terms of the deal......did someone confirm this?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

As I've continued to watch his highlights, to me he looks like a hybrid of Croshere and the Butler version of Gordon Hayward. Or like others have posted, Turkoglu, but without the temper and flopping mastery.

Likely a zero to negative impact player in my opinion due to his game being perimeter based in the NBA, especially in his anticipated role for the Pacers being the guy who floats to the corner 3 with the second unit.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Whoa. Another stretch 4. Goodbye Copeland?
    Not necessarily. You can never have too much shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Actually have never heard of the guy. Always wanted to do that. if he turns out to be a great player I can delete this post though

LOL! GOT ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    UB is well documented as saying he doesn't even watch college ball and some of you actually thoguht he was serious with that post? LOL

That's what I thought, but UB doesn't seem like the jokester type so I bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    So another guy to bury on the end of the bench next to Copeland. Ok then.

Only until Jimmy comes back mid-season to take over.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Has anyone brought up that center we signed from Michigan??
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ne-Whittington

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    An undrafted rookie, it is highly unlikely he is a rotational player this season. He most likely is a project player that may pan out in a couple seasons. So until proven otherwise, I don't really count him for much.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Summer league roster. Seriously man.
    Not so. He's not healthy enough to play summer league.

Whittington will not participate in rookie/free agent camp as he recovers from a broken fibula in his left leg, sustained in early May during a workout while preparing for the NBA Draft.
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacer...ne-whittington

Wow.

5 pages (and growing) on a guy that won't sniff the court unless the Pacers are up by 30+ with less than a minute to go.

I love this place !!

I forgot about his injury, but it's still an unguaranteed deal, which means he definitely isn't Ian's replacement.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Wow.

5 pages (and growing) on a guy that won't sniff the court unless the Pacers are up by 30+ with less than a minute to go.

I love this place !!
    It is probably because he is a relative unknown who was signed to a three year deal. If it was a one year or two year deal it would be seen as an experiment. A three year deal though suggests this guy can be more than an experiment.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tall, but skinny, plays more like a tall forward. Only logical place for Damn Rude is backing up PG24 at the 3. He's not really a paint-focused C or PF material in this league, especially if they're saying that Scola is still safe. SF was the one position I felt like we were thin at last year, PG logged heavy minutes and seemed to playa lot with the second group... the only guy we had to log decent minutes was 'Sual, who is getting a lot of interest around the league.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 07-02-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I don't hate the move, but if Vogel isn't going to play Copeland, who's a stretch 4, why would he play Rudez? I doubt he's much of a defender from the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I don't hate the move, but if Vogel isn't going to play Copeland, who's a stretch 4, why would he play Rudez? I doubt he's much of a defender from the looks of things.
    Vogel didn't play Copeland because there were already two guys better than him in the PF rotation. Rudez will face the same issue. If the Pacers sign another guy that is better than Rudez, then he won't play. If the don't, then he will. The real question is about Rudez being better than Solo Hill. Answer that and you answer the question of playing time, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    My goodness, you guys can come to some great conclusions based on only the fact that we signed a guy for three years and he is 6'10"
    The guy can shoot, and dribble a little. So its more than he's 6' 10" and a 3 yr deal.

the 3 years could easily be team options on the last 2. we found a diamond in the rough you keep him all 3 and he's restricted, it's potentially a smart singing.