Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,238 of 1238

Thread: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I hope he can return to his 2012-2013 form. 12 points on 45% FG. What an offensive beast we can look forward to.....
    How many times do I have to repeat this? Smh, Roy was hurt with a wrist injury for the first half the season, and he even admitted to such after the year, but it healed sometime about halfway through the season. Roy even averaged 16/8 post all-star break on above 50% shooting. If we get the Roy from 12-13, we are getting a great defensive, and a good offensive center who will be an all-star, its as simple as that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

I want Lance back don't get me wrong, but I just can't ignore the possibility of us actually being better off without Lance which is why I will be disappointed if we go above 5/44 for him. He is a risk, we may need him to take the next step, or we may be better off without him. Without Lance, we will likely go back to the feed the post mindset, and inside-out game we used to play before Lance/PG took over the offense, and George Hill, a natural scorer, will now have a much bigger responsibility in that department, scoring. I want Lance back yes i'll take the risk, but anything above 5/44 is just too much for me.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I want Lance back don't get me wrong, but I just can't ignore the possibility of us actually being better off without Lance which is why I will be disappointed if we go above 5/44 for him. He is a risk, we may need him to take the next step, or we may be better off without him. Without Lance, we will likely go back to the feed the post mindset, and inside-out game we used to play before Lance/PG took over the offense, and George Hill, a natural scorer, will now have a much bigger responsibility in that department, scoring. I want Lance back yes i'll take the risk, but anything above 5/44 is just too much for me.
    I agree with most of this except I wouldn't mind paying him a little more if we can find a way to do so. I would be happy to have Lance back but I'm also intrigued to see how we look without him, especially if we make a move or two.

Mood

I know that I have kind of dogged on Lance a little lately but I do hope we get to keep him as a part of our team. However I don't think he is irreplaceable and I think we have a strong team with or without him. I think we need a good training camp to get re-focused and get our new guys into our schemes and hopefully figure out how we can have Lance and Roy play better together. With that said I would be very interested in what Charlotte offers Lance and would come back with a max offer closer to the 5/50 mil range. After seeing the other contracts thrown around that is not as bad as I originally thought. If they come back and offer him something in the 12 mil a year range in Charlotte I wish him the best of luck. I really don't see MJ able to keep him reeled in as well as Larry and not having West there will hurt his maturity as well.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    So Charlotte offers 9 or 10 million a year for 2 or 3 years and that leaves about 20 million dollars on the table. How can an agent or player justify that?
    I think that Lance will want to opt out after his 3rd year....so I think that anything beyond that is just icing on the cake. My guess is that Lance and his Agent are so confident in his abilities that he is looking at the short term when it comes to getting the most guaranteed $$$ that he can get in 3 years so that he can opt out and get a much more lucrative contract. Heck, I can even see him just look for a guaranteed 2 year deal and then opt out after Year 3 just to look for more $$ in the long term.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why he is so lukewarm about committing to a 5 year deal with the Pacers....he doesn't want to be locked up for so long. Even if there is a 4th year opt out option....the guaranteed $$$ after the 2nd or 3rd Year in a 5 Year / $44 mil deal is less when compared to guaranteed $$$ after the 2nd or 3rd Year in a 4 year Deal / $44 deal.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    So are some of you wanting to kick Roy/Bird if we don't re-sign Lance?
    No, I am not. If we don't re-sign Lance....that's not Hibbert's fault....that's not Bird's fault.....it's just that Lance wanted more $$$, IMHO a likely shorter and less committed contract and the Pacers simply didn't want to give it to him for various reasons.

I'm not going to blame Hibbert and his contract for not having the CapSpace to re-sign Lance....just like I'm not going to blame PG24 for making the All Star Team which added more Salary to the 2014-2015 Salary Cap and making it that much harder to re-sign Lance. Now, I know that Hibbert didn't play up to his contract whereas PG24 did.....but Hibbert's Contract was decided upon years ago.....we can't change that.

I don't blame Lance or Bird....it is what it is.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    The Pacers can always turn to go after Evan Turner for 5-6 mil IF Lance goes to the Hornets.

Or do the Hornets try to get the Pacers to take back Gerald Henderson as a consolation gift for losing Lance? Henderson makes 6 mil in 2014-15 and a 6 mil option in 2015-16 and plays solid defense. Personally not a huge fan of his , but his name has been rumored in trade talks here before.

You have to the Pacers higher ups have a fall back plan, don't you?
    My guess is that Bird would look for a S&T of Henderson to fill the Guard position. IMHO....the Hornets were never too fond of Henderson ( I recall that they took forever to re-sign him as well ) and that it wouldn't be too hard to pry him off their hands in a S&T.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    The Pacers can always turn to go after Evan Turner for 5-6 mil IF Lance goes to the Hornets.
    You make that sound like a good thing

I think I would be even more disappointed in the FO if our backup plan is to sign Evan Turner (especially for 5-6m!). Henderson is at least a serviceable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    We are all aware that the FO has a number they won't go over to sign Lance. I'm guessing it's not the very first offer they threw out there. It hasn't been updated because nobody's been serious with Lance yet.
    It's true that we do have some avenues for freeing up more money, but it all hinges on whether that first offer is indeed a last offer or not. Logic says no one starts a negotiation with their best bid, but I guess we'll see.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really Lance? Leaving the team for $200.000 ?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He pretty much slapped Larry Bird in the face. Took a worse offer to play with a worse team.

Only $18 million of it is even guaranteed. The 3rd year is a team option.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WTF? Can't get mad at the front office or ownership for Lance accepting a worse offer? Definitely a slap in the face. Who is advising this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    WTF? Can't get mad at the front office or ownership for Lance accepting a worse offer? Definitely a slap in the face. Who is advising this guy?
    well, if this is what he feels is a better deal- then he can go take it. it isn't but hey, it's his agent telling him what to do. have fun on a mediocre squad in charlotte lance.
    and don't let the door hit ya.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If they refused to offer a shorter contract, you certainly can.