Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Not that I am thrilled with losing Lance, but if him being gone means we get to see a more aggressive George Hill I am happy with that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Hill. He should have received a $6 million dollar contract.

Thank you!! I've been saying that for 2 years. AND to think the Pacers only have 3 more years of Hill's contract!!! Thank you Mr. Walsh.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

I'm hearing lance wants $10 mil a year and out of the 3 other teams interested in him.. There's only one that would likely pull the trigger on that. IMO it's the worst case scenario. The Bulls. Losing Lance will really hurt the dynamics of the Pacers possibilities on offense, he's like LeBron when it comes to driving to the basket, he's practically unstoppable and he's adding that 3 pt shot too. I hope he stays because if he goes, especially to Chicago, we will be paying for it for years to come. However, if we can lock him up for 5 years, those are likely going to be the best 5 years of his career and we will be a championship contender with him and PG24 together.

Losing Lance is a huge deal. One that we can recover from, but there will have to be a lot of changes to recover from it quickly. I hope he changes his mind.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    We're somewhere in lala land when people are saying that without Lance we're a horrible team. Sucks that we're paying that one guy in the supermax range because he, you know, made multiple all-NBA teams and was an All-Star starter. What was his name again? Should have given that money to Lance.
    Just in case this was directed at me... I didn't say our team without Lance would be "horrible" I said it's bye bye with the title aspirations for the next couple of years IMHO. Maybe being in the post season and merely beying a bit of an obstacle for the contenders is what makes you enthousiastic. I can tell you it wouldnt do it for me. I want this franchise to always strive for the top.

Goodluck with our backcourt that remains (if Lance leaves) plus a random MLE player that gets added. I just don't see it. AT. ALL. Unless its a player that has the potential to breakout with us, but that means said player hasnt done that elsewhere during his rookie contract, previous multiple contracts or went undrafted/didn't get a quaranteed contract... all that screams "risk" much more to me then trying to keep Lance.

Not for 5/60 milion or something, but we have to do what we can and is sound for our title aspirations. Losing him for nothing or some worthless S&T (hi there, Scott Pollard!) would be a move that I believe will haunt us long into the future.
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-02-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Thank you!! I've been saying that for 2 years. AND to think the Pacers only have 3 more years of Hill's contract!!! Thank you Mr. Walsh.
    He would have left, and then we would have been stuck with out a PG or Darren Collision starting again. It's like you think we can just pick up a starting PG of the street and put him in the one of the best starting 5's in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Not that I am thrilled with losing Lance, but if him being gone means we get to see a more aggressive George Hill I am happy with that.

hahahahahahahaha

keep dreaming. the aggressive Hill u are hoping for Lance has already been

hahahahhaa. good one

Losing our 2nd best player hurts. Our backcourt is gonna be a joke next year, not sure I can watch this team without Lance…he was the only player that was enjoyable to watch besides PG. We gonna be a middle of the road team in the EAST best case scenario without Lance.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    hahahahahahahaha

keep dreaming. the aggressive Hill u are hoping for Lance has already been

hahahahhaa. good one
    Hill was there before he got to Indy, that was one of the reasons we wanted him, he got here and poop...
    Why so SERIOUS

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post

Lol that sounds like something Bird would say. Love it

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

This organization is clueless if they essentially put Ian Mahinmi, CJ Miles, and/or Luis Scola above Lance Stephenson.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Hill was there before he got to Indy, that was one of the reasons we wanted him, he got here and poop...
    Two years ago Hill had a better year than any Lance has had.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This organization is clueless if they essentially put Ian Mahinmi, CJ Miles, and/or Luis Scola above Lance Stephenson.
    Team sport... take it how you want to, but sometimes Lance helped and sometimes her hurt that idea for the Pacers, sure we wanted him here, but if it was not enough then it was not enough, Bird is not waiting around to lose FA's that he feels can improve to team just to lose Lance in the long run... he probably is tired of handing out huge contracts not to get what he expects in return.

It was good knowing you Lance
    Why so SERIOUS

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    Who said we were horrible? We're saying we're not a title contender, and we're not without him....I'm not sure if we get out of the 1st or 2nd round without him honestly.....
    Between that and other reactions you'd think we'll be once again stuck in mediocrity (1-and-done or high lottery) for another 3 years without Lance.

Two years ago Lance didn't have nearly the role he did this year. What changed that suddenly we're not even at that level without him? Don't give me the usual "Pacers are the only team in the East not to get better" offseason mantra.

I don't think Lance is worth breaking the bank over. I don't think Pacers' attendance is going back down to JOB levels without Lance. I don't believe Larry Bird is some kind of idiot who is incapable of having a viable backup plan that has a chance of working. I don't think George Hill is an incompetent backcourt player.

Will we be contenders? At this point, I don't know - most people thought we were contenders this past year and look what happened. I don't tend to make that decision until we actually see what we have.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    They have to have 13 men on the roster, and this isn't NBA 2k14 it is real life. You can't just move, get rid of players with ease.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This team was closer to making the NBA finals with Lance playing a glue-guy role. This team was closer to making the NBA finals with Lance not putting up nearly the same kind of numbers as he did last season. We were closer to making the NBA finals when Lance was playing a role that replaceble
    That was when we had this guy in my profile picture who was a major force for our team, who do we have now that can fill those shoes AND get better the coming years when Lance is gone? And dont mention Paul because he was around back then allready and only having him wont be nearly enough to fill the void IMHO.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

The good news in all of this is that maybe we'll have a team that's completely united, for once. I think Stephenson was the problem in that locker room(not Hibbert despite many saying as much) and I think it's pretty obvious when see you PG24, Hill, and Hibbert out fishing together. Maybe this, mixed with some bench assistance and hopefully a big leap in PG24 and Solo Hill is what this team needs? I don't know. But, I'll feel better if we get a better backup C.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

30. The Following User Says Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post

Not for 5/60 milion or something, but we have to do what we can and is sound for our title aspirations. Losing him for nothing or some worthless S&T (hi there, Scott Pollard!) would be a move that I believe will haunt us long into the future.
    Yeah. ouch. I remember I successfully convinced myself there would be little drop-off from Miller to Pollard. Didn't exactly work out.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    The good news in all of this is that maybe we'll have a team that's completely united, for once. I think Stephenson was the problem in that locker room(not Hibbert despite many saying as much) and I think it's pretty obvious when see you PG24, Hill, and Hibbert out fishing together. Maybe this, mixed with some bench assistance and hopefully a big leap in PG24 and Solo Hill is what this team needs? I don't know. But, I'll feel better if we get a better backup C.
    Or maybe Lance didn't grow up a fisherman. Shocking for someone from BK, I know.

I don't understand why anyone thinks Hill will magically become more aggressive or Hibbert won't be close to horrible again......What are you guys seeing that the rest of us arent?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

I think I'm just ready to move on without Lance. We made him a fair offer and it's not like he was the model teammate. I saw selfishness on the court many times and his antics are growing a little tiresome. Plus. I'm not sure he will ever want to take a backseat to PG going forward. Not sure they can coexist. We were fine when Lance played limited minutes and we'll be fine again. He may mature, but I think there will always be the good Lance/bad Lance equation. If Lance is gone, I have made peace with it.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I think I'm just ready to move on without Lance. We made him a fair offer and it's not like he was the model teammate. I saw selfishness on the court many times and his antics are growing a little tiresome. Plus. I'm not sure he will ever want to take a backseat to PG going forward. Not sure they can coexist. We were fine when Lance played limited minutes and we'll be fine again. He may mature, but I think there will always be the good Lance/bad Lance equation. If Lance is gone, I have made peace with it.
    Ditto. For being such a young, promising player I've never seen a FO be so quick to say, "This is our offer. Take it or leave it." and not really bat and eye. Maybe they know more then the rest of us on his impact on the team? I won't complain if he comes back, either.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't understand why anyone thinks Hill will magically become more aggressive or Hibbert won't be close to horrible again......What are you guys seeing that the rest of us arent?
    For Hill opportunity... so many talked about how his role changed, how he didn't need to be as much of a scorer, or aggressive during the season, because of all the looks PG and Lance were getting, not to mention with the offense was slowed down getting it into Roys hands so he could miss a lay up... However I think it all starts with coaching though... Frank needs to give him that freedom. I should add this is why I like Hill at the 2 instead of the one, he can be more focused on scoring than finding guys, or trying to figure out which pass he can make, when I watch him play, passing, at the NBA level, does not seem to be natural at all to him, and this was seen since he arrived here.

For Roy who knows, guy just really lost it, footwork, aggression, mid range, defense... who really know with that guy... smh

Alos Lance had sex with Roy's lady, that has to make things easier for Roy now
    Why so SERIOUS

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

We have seen this from Hibbert before, and he hasn't reached 30 yet. Once Hibbert is 30+ then I will worry about that.

There is aggressive Hill, there is involved Hill, and there is passive Hill. Aggressive Hill is a borderline all-star. Involved Hill, the Hill we got two years ago is a very good starter, and passive Hill is the guy we got last year. The difference between involved and passive Hill has everything to do with how he is used on the floor by the coach. We aren't likely to see aggressive Hill all the time, but the more involved Hill is the more likely you are to see aggressive Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    That was when we had this guy in my profile picture who was a major force for our team, who do we have now that can fill those shoes AND get better the coming years when Lance is gone? And dont mention Paul because he was around back then allready and only having him wont be nearly enough to fill the void IMHO.
    Pretty sure Granger did not play when we took the Heat to 7 games. Lance role in that series was "glue-guy" do the small things.