Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much does CHAR have left with ROberts and Williams, like 10ish?
    Roberts fits into the room exception, so CHA still has about $12 million. They can definitely offer more annually than we can, it's just a matter of do they want to. Lance at the $9 per year level we offered, is a huge risk. Lance at $12 per year level is pretty terrifying.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

If Charlotte even wanted him would they have waited for that Parsons decision to come down? Or would they have made their move already? Every single indication I've read was that Charlotte had no interest whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Charlotte is still definitely in the mix, with Atlanta as a dark horse.
    Charlotte is "in the mix" but local writers have repudiated the earlier reports that they are particularly interested in Lance.

https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/sta...02467033251840
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    I'm completely in the dark.

Can someone please explain "Grimping" and why it has gotten everyone's attention.
    It's now a bad joke that the admins should step in and clean up because it's gotten out of hand.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Stephenson and his agent had any brains, they should show up at Larry a birds doorstep about now and accept that initial offer.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Question about this. Isn't the 175% subject to the max salary rule? LeBron is making something like $20M or so. 175% of that is about $35M. I don't think he is eligible to get that much. His max will be the 30% or 35% won't it? In this case, Bird Rights really don't have any bearing on how much he can make. The only real important thing is being able to go over the cap to sign him.
    "Up to", but subject to max salary rules, so what you say is mostly correct.

If the salary cap does rise dramatically though (as some expect with a new TV contract), the 175% thing won't merely be academic.

Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.
    Me and you both. It's a huge risk especially since the Pacers never totally came out of their funk last year and we're bringing basically the same team back. Do people just think a summer off will just magically restore the chemistry again? I really hope the Pacers have an early out of some kind if we do re-sign Lance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I understand where you are coming from, but no. At the end of the day he is a young, athletic and explosive player at a thin position.

I mean would you rather go into next season with Evan Turner instead?

My $0.02:

I don't have any misgivings about Lance coming back. I'd be excited to see him back.

I think his "issues" have always been overblown. I think those immature edges continue to blunt as he gets older.

He's got a tremendous amount of demonstrated talent, and he's only going to get better.

If Larry pulls this off, he has shown some huge stones. The steady, firm hand seems to be winning the day. I think there's a good chance that we look at this potential contract in 2-3 years the same way some look at Steph Curry's.

I still think there's a chance we lose him, but as of this evening, we're looking to be in the driver's seat.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

I'm more concerned about why no one offered him more. (So far). Most thought the Pacers offer was a fair to low ball offer. It's just another one of those hints.

I want him back if we get first half of last season Lance back. Otherwise..no thanks.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Me and you both. It's a huge risk especially since the Pacers never totally came out of their funk last year and we're bringing basically the same team back. Do people just think a summer off will just magically restore the chemistry again? I really hope the Pacers have an early out of some kind if we do re-sign Lance.
    If we do end up signing Lance, I think the team will commit to a new identity in the next 1-2 years. One that features PG and Lance on offense. I would not be surprised if Hibbert is a casualty of that evolution.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    My $0.02:

I don't have any misgivings about Lance coming back. I'd be excited to see him back.

I think his "issues" have always been overblown. I think those immature edges continue to blunt as he gets older.

He's got a tremendous amount of demonstrated talent, and he's only going to get better.

If Larry pulls this off, he has shown some huge stones. The steady, firm hand seems to be winning the day. I think there's a good chance that we look at this potential contract in 2-3 years the same way some look at Steph Curry's.

I still think there's a chance we lose him, but as of this evening, we're looking to be in the driver's seat.
    I hope as he gets older he does get more mature the only thing that worries me is I attribute Lance's antics to his success. The more success he had the more he acted out IMO. Because he was more "mature" 2 seasons ago vs this past season. From on the court behavior at least.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    If we do end up signing Lance, I think the team will commit to a new identity in the next 1-2 years. One that features PG and Lance on offense. I would not be surprised if Hibbert is a casualty of that evolution.
    I can only hope. The blueprint does need to be tweeked as I've said a lot on here lately.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but no. At the end of the day he is a young, athletic and explosive player at a thin position.

I mean would you rather go into next season with Evan Turner instead?
    I just don't want to go into the future with a Stephenson with a "5 year guaranteed contract" w/o some options. If he doesn't change, who would trade for him when no team would make him an offer! I saw the Pacers stuck for years with Tinjury and his contract. No repeat please.

Or maybe it humbles him and he continues to improve like he has for two years.

It apparently depends on your current opinion of him.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still up in the air about lance. If we sign him awesome, if not so be it. I think he would be smart to sign a 4 year deal with the 3rd year being a player option so he can get more money when Hibbert and West are done. If Lance leaves, I'd be ok with bringing turner back at 3 mil per if we can talk say Nelson or was going to say Udrich but I see MEM resigned him into taking vet min contract.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Or maybe it humbles him and he continues to improve like he has for two years.

It apparently depends on your current opinion of him.
    I think it depends more on his own opinion of himself.

I'm conflicted...if we bring Lance back, Larry has said he would be in Lance's ear more, which is a good thing. If we don't and we are able to bring in a player like Dragic, and slide Hill over. I think that can also be a good thing. But if we lose Lance outright, we need a point because I think Hill would be our best option at 2

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigDawg44 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    How much does CHAR have left with ROberts and Williams, like 10ish?
    I was reading a Charlotte forum earlier and they said they had about 13 million in cap space
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg44 View Post
    I'm conflicted...if we bring Lance back, Larry has said he would be in Lance's ear more, which is a good thing. If we don't and we are able to bring in a player like Dragic, and slide Hill over. I think that can also be a good thing. But if we lose Lance outright, we need a point because I think Hill would be our best option at 2
    Agree. I don't know why so many people on here are against Hill at the 2 when that is his natural position. I think Hill's production goes up at the 2.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Agree. I don't know why so many people on here are against Hill at the 2 when that is his natural position. I think Hill's production goes up at the 2.
    I think Hill is a 15-17 ppg type guy at the 2 spot or at the 1 spot with an increased role, which is why I wouldn't go over 9m per for Lance. I want him back, just not desperate to make it happen.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

sav

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I'm more concerned about why no one offered him more. (So far). Most thought the Pacers offer was a fair to low ball offer. It's just another one of those hints.
    If it was a fair offer why would we expect that someone would offer him more?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Does anyone else think the Lance for Dragic in a sign in trade is realistic because I can't see any other reason why Lance hasn't signed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    If it was a fair offer why would we expect that someone would offer him more?
    That's what it takes to gain an advantage in signing another team's player.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post: