Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 1238

Thread: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

  1. #851
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much does CHAR have left with ROberts and Williams, like 10ish?
    Roberts fits into the room exception, so CHA still has about $12 million. They can definitely offer more annually than we can, it's just a matter of do they want to. Lance at the $9 per year level we offered, is a huge risk. Lance at $12 per year level is pretty terrifying.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  3. #852

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    If Charlotte even wanted him would they have waited for that Parsons decision to come down? Or would they have made their move already? Every single indication I've read was that Charlotte had no interest whatsoever.

  4. #853
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charlotte is still definitely in the mix, with Atlanta as a dark horse.
    Charlotte is "in the mix" but local writers have repudiated the earlier reports that they are particularly interested in Lance.

    https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/sta...02467033251840
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  5. #854
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,099

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm completely in the dark.

    Can someone please explain "Grimping" and why it has gotten everyone's attention.
    It's now a bad joke that the admins should step in and clean up because it's gotten out of hand.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #855
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,347

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    If Stephenson and his agent had any brains, they should show up at Larry a birds doorstep about now and accept that initial offer.

  7. #856
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question about this. Isn't the 175% subject to the max salary rule? LeBron is making something like $20M or so. 175% of that is about $35M. I don't think he is eligible to get that much. His max will be the 30% or 35% won't it? In this case, Bird Rights really don't have any bearing on how much he can make. The only real important thing is being able to go over the cap to sign him.
    "Up to", but subject to max salary rules, so what you say is mostly correct.

    If the salary cap does rise dramatically though (as some expect with a new TV contract), the 175% thing won't merely be academic.

  8. #857

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  10. #858
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.
    Me and you both. It's a huge risk especially since the Pacers never totally came out of their funk last year and we're bringing basically the same team back. Do people just think a summer off will just magically restore the chemistry again? I really hope the Pacers have an early out of some kind if we do re-sign Lance.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  12. #859
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,529
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.
    I understand where you are coming from, but no. At the end of the day he is a young, athletic and explosive player at a thin position.

    I mean would you rather go into next season with Evan Turner instead?

  13. #860
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.
    My $0.02:

    I don't have any misgivings about Lance coming back. I'd be excited to see him back.

    I think his "issues" have always been overblown. I think those immature edges continue to blunt as he gets older.

    He's got a tremendous amount of demonstrated talent, and he's only going to get better.

    If Larry pulls this off, he has shown some huge stones. The steady, firm hand seems to be winning the day. I think there's a good chance that we look at this potential contract in 2-3 years the same way some look at Steph Curry's.

    I still think there's a chance we lose him, but as of this evening, we're looking to be in the driver's seat.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  15. #861

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who has misgiving about the possibility of Stephenson coming back to the Pacers after no other team even made him an offer? I can see a Lance with a chip on his shoulder to show the league they screwed up, and be more than ever a "it's all about me" player to show others they missed out. Making it a point to show others at the expense of the team and team ball. If Stephenson comes back, then Bird better take more responsibility in keeping Stephenson on the reservation with a 5 year guaranteed contract! I just wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about Stephenson returning. I so much want my fears to be for not, and not a I told you he'd be a problem.
    I'm more concerned about why no one offered him more. (So far). Most thought the Pacers offer was a fair to low ball offer. It's just another one of those hints.

    I want him back if we get first half of last season Lance back. Otherwise..no thanks.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  17. #862
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me and you both. It's a huge risk especially since the Pacers never totally came out of their funk last year and we're bringing basically the same team back. Do people just think a summer off will just magically restore the chemistry again? I really hope the Pacers have an early out of some kind if we do re-sign Lance.
    If we do end up signing Lance, I think the team will commit to a new identity in the next 1-2 years. One that features PG and Lance on offense. I would not be surprised if Hibbert is a casualty of that evolution.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  19. #863
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My $0.02:

    I don't have any misgivings about Lance coming back. I'd be excited to see him back.

    I think his "issues" have always been overblown. I think those immature edges continue to blunt as he gets older.

    He's got a tremendous amount of demonstrated talent, and he's only going to get better.

    If Larry pulls this off, he has shown some huge stones. The steady, firm hand seems to be winning the day. I think there's a good chance that we look at this potential contract in 2-3 years the same way some look at Steph Curry's.

    I still think there's a chance we lose him, but as of this evening, we're looking to be in the driver's seat.
    I hope as he gets older he does get more mature the only thing that worries me is I attribute Lance's antics to his success. The more success he had the more he acted out IMO. Because he was more "mature" 2 seasons ago vs this past season. From on the court behavior at least.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  21. #864
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we do end up signing Lance, I think the team will commit to a new identity in the next 1-2 years. One that features PG and Lance on offense. I would not be surprised if Hibbert is a casualty of that evolution.
    I can only hope. The blueprint does need to be tweeked as I've said a lot on here lately.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  23. #865

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand where you are coming from, but no. At the end of the day he is a young, athletic and explosive player at a thin position.

    I mean would you rather go into next season with Evan Turner instead?
    I just don't want to go into the future with a Stephenson with a "5 year guaranteed contract" w/o some options. If he doesn't change, who would trade for him when no team would make him an offer! I saw the Pacers stuck for years with Tinjury and his contract. No repeat please.

  24. #866

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Or maybe it humbles him and he continues to improve like he has for two years.

    It apparently depends on your current opinion of him.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  26. #867
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Noblesville
    Posts
    254

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    I'm still up in the air about lance. If we sign him awesome, if not so be it. I think he would be smart to sign a 4 year deal with the 3rd year being a player option so he can get more money when Hibbert and West are done. If Lance leaves, I'd be ok with bringing turner back at 3 mil per if we can talk say Nelson or was going to say Udrich but I see MEM resigned him into taking vet min contract.

  27. #868
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or maybe it humbles him and he continues to improve like he has for two years.

    It apparently depends on your current opinion of him.
    I think it depends more on his own opinion of himself.

  28. #869
    Member BigDawg44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    474

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    I'm conflicted...if we bring Lance back, Larry has said he would be in Lance's ear more, which is a good thing. If we don't and we are able to bring in a player like Dragic, and slide Hill over. I think that can also be a good thing. But if we lose Lance outright, we need a point because I think Hill would be our best option at 2

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigDawg44 For This Useful Post:


  30. #870
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much does CHAR have left with ROberts and Williams, like 10ish?
    I was reading a Charlotte forum earlier and they said they had about 13 million in cap space
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  31. #871
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm conflicted...if we bring Lance back, Larry has said he would be in Lance's ear more, which is a good thing. If we don't and we are able to bring in a player like Dragic, and slide Hill over. I think that can also be a good thing. But if we lose Lance outright, we need a point because I think Hill would be our best option at 2
    Agree. I don't know why so many people on here are against Hill at the 2 when that is his natural position. I think Hill's production goes up at the 2.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  33. #872

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree. I don't know why so many people on here are against Hill at the 2 when that is his natural position. I think Hill's production goes up at the 2.
    I think Hill is a 15-17 ppg type guy at the 2 spot or at the 1 spot with an increased role, which is why I wouldn't go over 9m per for Lance. I want him back, just not desperate to make it happen.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

    sav

  35. #873
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm more concerned about why no one offered him more. (So far). Most thought the Pacers offer was a fair to low ball offer. It's just another one of those hints.
    If it was a fair offer why would we expect that someone would offer him more?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  36. #874

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Does anyone else think the Lance for Dragic in a sign in trade is realistic because I can't see any other reason why Lance hasn't signed yet.

  37. #875

    Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was a fair offer why would we expect that someone would offer him more?
    That's what it takes to gain an advantage in signing another team's player.

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •