Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Default Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

Read this on another forum, don't know if its true or not but if so...wtf Lance?

The Pacers offered a five-year, $44 million contract to Stephenson, but sources said the versatile shooting guard believes he's worth much more.

With lucrative contracts already committed to Paul George ($15.8 million), Roy Hibbert ($14.9) and David West ($12), the Pacers feel they are offering Stephenson as much as they can while remaining financially prudent.

There was no link provided....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

This is being talked about in another thread, but I will say that I think there should be a unique thread that specifically addresses this issue.

Now that there is a reasonable chance that Lance is gone what is happening now?

I suggest that we may end up having Hill, PG, Solo, West and Roy as the starting group. I know we have talked about Miles potentially being here, but I would rather him being an off the bench type scorer. Possible switch could be Watson, Hill, PG, West and Roy, don't think either would be horrible, it would be interesting to see what type of role Solo would be playing if he were with the starters, I think he could be a good role player with the starting unit, not ball needy, can play solid defense, and can hit open 3's.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Personally, I wouldn't have even offered Lance that much. He hasn't been consistent enough for that kind of money.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

The Indiana Pacers have offered Lance Stephenson a five-year, $44 million contract, but he may be looking for a larger deal.

Chris Broussard reports that the two sides are at an "impasse."

Stephenson and his agent are expected to talk with other teams. The Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and Charlotte Hornets are believed to be interested.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234081/Stephenson-Reaches-Impasse-With-Pacers-After-Five-Year-$44M-Offer
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I wouldn't have even offered Lance that much. He hasn't been consistent enough for that kind of money.
    Considering that it is only approx. $8.8 mill per season (and Hill is making $8 mill per season) I see our offer to be reasonable for both sides. With that being said, I think another team will offer him approx. $10 mill per season.

I dont think he'll remain a Pacer next season
    Last edited by MillerTime; 07-02-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

See ya later kid, hope we don't miss out on someone else because we're waiting on him. That offer was MORE than fair.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

I said last season I felt Stephenson was playing for a new contract, and he'd go where the money was. Looks like he'll get his wish playing somewhere else. My comment is "don't let the door hit you where the GOOD LORD split you", Lance.

There will be posters who will shout pay him whatever it takes, including going into the LT to keep him. I say the Pacers offer him a reasonable contract and THEY HAVE!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

That offer guarantees that Lance can be traded if he turns out to be unwanted in Indiana after awhile. Somehow with all the positives and the movie I thought the offer would come in somewhat lower.

Sadly, if he goes that ruins any realistic shot we have at a title. But, it would be nice to not have to hear about locker room crap anymore. I say move Hibbert for assets and gear up for a slight retool over the next year or so.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This is being talked about in another thread, but I will say that I think there should be a unique thread that specifically addresses this issue.

Now that there is a reasonable chance that Lance is gone what is happening now?

I suggest that we may end up having Hill, PG, Solo, West and Roy as the starting group. I know we have talked about Miles potentially being here, but I would rather him being an off the bench type scorer. Possible switch could be Watson, Hill, PG, West and Roy, don't think either would be horrible, it would be interesting to see what type of role Solo would be playing if he were with the starters, I think he could be a good role player with the starting unit, not ball needy, can play solid defense, and can hit open 3's.
    What about starting G Hill at SG? I like Watson better starting at PG than Hill.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    What about starting G Hill at SG? I like Watson better starting at PG than Hill.
    Yeah that was the second option the Watson, Hill, PG, West, Roy thing... I think we could actually have a decent group even if Lance isn't here, but what I would say is that if he is not here we will definitely have to increase the productivity of our bench...
    Why so SERIOUS

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

I-DON'T-WANT-HILL-AT-SHOOTING-GUARD!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    That offer guarantees that Lance can be traded if he turns out to be unwanted in Indiana after awhile. Somehow with all the positives and the movie I thought the offer would come in somewhat lower.
    It does, but don't tell that to everyone who thinks GHill is unmovable because he is making 8 million a year.

George Hill will be much more involved in the offense without Lance, so there is that. I don't think those two can coexist on the court together very well. I think one or the other needs to go and it looks like it's going to be Lance. It's a step back, but it's not the end of the world. Look for George Hill to have a breakout year if that's how it ends up.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yeah that was the second option the Watson, Hill, PG, West, Roy thing... I think we could actually have a decent group even if Lance isn't here, but what I would say is that if he is not here we will definitely have to increase the productivity of our bench...
    I'm not sure about Watson starting. I do have reservations about Hill's size as a starting 2, but I think you can make it work. I would like to find a better starting PG than Watson though. We know Hill can replace Lance's production as he had more ppg and apg on fewer topg in 12-13 than Lance did in 13-14. You are right though, we will need to find someone from the bench that can produce offensively relatively consistently. If we can get Hill to play aggressively, he could easily play with the bench and way outproduce Lance doing so. I don't have that much faith in Hill suddenly consistently being aggressive and being that borderline all-star I know he is capable of, though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    I-DON'T-WANT-HILL-AT-SHOOTING-GUARD!
    Why?
    Why so SERIOUS

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaceBalls View Post
    George Hill will be much more involved in the offense without Lance, so there is that. I don't think those two can coexist on the court together very well. I think one or the other needs to go and it looks like it's going to be Lance. It's a step back, but it's not the end of the world. Look for George Hill to have a breakout year if that's how it ends up.
    I agree, at least with the current make up of this team, I have thought that since about the middle of the season. Hill isn't a good glue guy, but he is a good scorer. Stephenson can be a good glue guy, but he wants to be a scorer. With Paul being the franchise player, you just don't have the right pieces for them to co-exist well.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1h

Tough unrestricted free agent market for Lance Stephenson, little leverage on Pacers to be found.

Good sign, I guess, but I'm not sure how thrilled I am about having Lance locked up for 5 years if he feels we low balled him.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post

Tough unrestricted free agent market for Lance Stephenson, little leverage on Pacers to be found.

Good sign, I guess, but I'm not sure how thrilled I am about having Lance locked up for 5 years if he feels we low balled him.
    I would hope the 3rd and 4th years are TO and the 5th year is a PO.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Yeah, the 5 years worries me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Yeah, the 5 years worries me a lot.
    We got through his first 4 a lot more smoothly than most anticipated, I'm cool with 5. If this deal gets signed I think he'll get a max deal on his 3rd contract.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'd guess when the bigger dominoes start to fall, then we'll see what the market is.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

It is our job to give him a contract that we feel is fair, it is his and his agents job to disprove us. No one really likes contract talks, but it is a part of the every industry, feelings might get hurt, but they shouldn't it is just a necessary process.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We got through his first 4 a lot more smoothly than most anticipated, I'm cool with 5. If this deal gets signed I think he'll get a max deal on his 3rd contract.
    You think that he will develop that much?
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers Offered Lance 44 Million and he turned it Down?

I'm not sure he would feel low balled if no other team is offering him more. I assume that's the case if it's being reported he can't get any leverage on us. IMO Lance thinks he is worth more than he is or the market thinks he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk