Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

  1. #1

    Default So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Here's the question, do we move Hlll to his natural postition at SG and get a point guard or do we keep Hill at PG and go out and get a SG? Thoughts?

  2. #2

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    PG. Hill at PG doesn't work. If we are going to make a move, make a move for what we need.

    I would prefer to save money and just move Watson to a starting role. Or trade Hibbert for a PG.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG. Hill at PG doesn't work. If we are going to make a move, make a move for what we need.

    I would prefer to save money and just move Watson to a starting role. Or trade Hibbert for a PG.
    then who plays center?

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then who plays center?
    I don't know, we are going into next year missing one starting position no matter what. I'd rather get rid of Hibbert now before he loses anymore value.

  7. #5
    Member Eamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    62

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then who plays center?
    Mah-HEEEEN-MIII!
    Pacers fan since April 9th 2004 - New Jersey 80 Indiana 90.

  8. #6
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,560
    Mood

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    I think we go after a PG but I think we would want to have a big included in any package if Roy is traded. I think GH and Solo could man the 2 spot together with Miles. Start GH and let Miles back him up and play Solo some as well at the 2 with him in the mix at the 3 as well. Or when Solo is out there play him at the 3 with PG switching to the 2 spot.

  9. #7
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know, we are going into next year missing one starting position no matter what. I'd rather get rid of Hibbert now before he loses anymore value.
    It is easier to have a good team with a bench player playing SG than a bench player playing C. Anyways there is no reason to give up on Hibbert.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  11. #8

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is easier to have a good team with a bench player playing SG than a bench player playing C. Anyways there is no reason to give up on Hibbert.
    Guy can not, I repeat can not. Give you a full season. Its one excuse after another. Thats plenty reason to give up on him. I suppose if he sucks it up this year he will have value as an expiring deal.

    And since we wont be contenders this year, maybe a few more losses wouldn't be these worse thing.

  12. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,668

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    PG, all the way. Question is, who can we get that is a clear upgrade over Watson without giving up anyone from our Core Four?

  13. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,668

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    I'm as down on Hibbert as anyone, but I wouldn't object to giving this core one more run next year, especially now that the alleged cancer has been extracted.

  14. #11

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    I say we send a package of Scola+Cope+1st for a PG to see if anyone bites. 2 Expiring contracts and and first rounder should entice someone.

  15. #12
    Member trailrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the question, do we move Hlll to his natural postition at SG and get a point guard or do we keep Hill at PG and go out and get a SG? Thoughts?
    Phoenix is overloaded with point guards. May have to offer Hibbert though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,668

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say we send a package of Scola+Cope+1st for a PG to see if anyone bites. 2 Expiring contracts and and first rounder should entice someone.
    I have a feeling that any offer is going to have to include Watson, though I hope I'm wrong.

  17. #14

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    I think the Pacers will be OK as is. If they can find a good trade, then that's great, but nothing that leads to a panic move.

    There are 144 minutes of playing time available at the PG, SG and SF. If Paul, GHill, CJMiles and CJWatson all get 32 minutes, that leaves only about 16 mpg for Damjan or SHill. It looks like it is time to take advantage of GHill's and Paul's versitility.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  19. #15

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the question, do we move Hlll to his natural postition at SG and get a point guard or do we keep Hill at PG and go out and get a SG? Thoughts?

    Hill has no heart. He cannot be relied upon as a starter, period. Moving Hibbert for a new back court makes sense. Hibbert for Dragic+Green. Hibbert for Lamb+Jackson from OKC. The center position can be dealt with by moving Hill+Scola's expiring and maybe Solo as well.

  20. #16

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill has no heart. He cannot be relied upon as a starter, period. Moving Hibbert for a new back court makes sense. Hibbert for Dragic+Green. Hibbert for Lamb+Jackson from OKC. The center position can be dealt with by moving Hill+Scola's expiring and maybe Solo as well.
    the whole point of trading for a PG is to move Hill to the 2 so there is no gap. If you trade Hill and Scola for a point guard then you are in the same position you were before the trade

  21. #17

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill has no heart.
    What makes you say this? I agree he needs to be more aggressive, but that's not a good indication of "heart". If he didn't have heart, he wouldn't have been upset about the number of opposing fans filling BLF a couple years ago. He also wouldn't have gone on that twitter rant right after the season too. I think he has heart, he just has a different personality.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,074

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    if we can't get a point guard worth upgrading what about making an offer to Ray Allen to back up C.J.? If he doesn't retire it's not a bad pick up, sure his numbers weren't that great last year, but I don't see a lot of cheap options, but I also haven't paid much attention to SG's. Crap does this mean we'll go after Mayo now? lol

  24. #19

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the whole point of trading for a PG is to move Hill to the 2 so there is no gap. If you trade Hill and Scola for a point guard then you are in the same position you were before the trade
    That's why you move Hibbert for a new back court entirely. Dragic+Green, Mayo+Knight Lamb+Jackson. Center can be filled in a trade with Scola+Hill+Solo going out. JJ Hickson, Jason Thompson, maybe Sanders? Andre Blatche is also still un-signed and so is Carlos Boozer. Both are big enough to play center in today's NBA.

  25. #20

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why you move Hibbert for a new back court entirely. Dragic+Green, Mayo+Knight Lamb+Jackson. Center can be filled in a trade with Scola+Hill+Solo going out. JJ Hickson, Jason Thompson, maybe Sanders? Andre Blatche is also still un-signed and so is Carlos Boozer. Both are big enough to play center in today's NBA.
    do you want us to just trade our whole lineup just so you can have a point guard?

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  27. #21

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    I think Bird has to make a move for a PG. He knows this team isn't going anywhere as currently constructed. The bench is still weak, we have a hole at SG now. Watson will probably be a part of any deal just because Sloan has looked so good in the pre-season and the only assets we really have are expiring contracts. Sadly, that still leaves a hole at the backup 4 and .... Mahimi. Yikes.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  28. #22

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you want us to just trade our whole lineup just so you can have a point guard?
    Dude its Grimp

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  30. #23

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you want us to just trade our whole lineup just so you can have a point guard?

    You're moving one guy for 2 guys. Your only hole left to fill is center. And Boozer or Blatche can do that.

  31. #24
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,668

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you want us to just trade our whole lineup just so you can have a point guard?
    For Grimp, the grass is always greener on the other side. He's like the Larry Brown of Pacers Digest.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  33. #25
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: So do we go after a PG or SG now?

    What about SF? Shift PG to to SG and sign Marion? I thought he was very good last year.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •