Thread: Hey Detroit, Welcome to Wallace World

Banned

Default Hey Detroit, Welcome to Wallace World

So far, 2 game for big sheed, and 2 losses. Get used to it.

He'll tease you about once a week and have a good game, but his game yesterday is more of his norm. 14 points, 7 rebounds (actually that's a lot for him), and a missed long shot at the buzzer that could have won them the game.

He's all hpye. Always has been. You got suckered. His middle name should be 'potential'. And just wait, he hasn't destroyed your locker room chemistry yet. But he will.

Banned

Default Re: Hey Detroit, Welcome to Wallace World

Oh, I forgot one important point.

You think the refs gave you a bad deal yesterday? Get used to that too, becuase when you have the guy on your team who NBA refs hate more than anyone....the guy who waited for a ref on the loading dock of the Rose Garden after a game and threatened to kill him... well, let's just say that you won't be getting the benefit of the doubt too often.

Is this the Piston board?

I don't think anyone has really seen sheed at his full potential yet being on one team for his entire career(not counting Atlanta). You put any decent player in a different system and you have no idea of what they can do.

I guess that you might be trying to convince yourself or maybe a reverse karma type thingy but, sheed will do well for this particular team. IMO of course.

Banned

Is this the Piston board?

I don't think anyone has really seen sheed at his full potential yet being on one team for his entire career(not counting Atlanta).
    Weed played for Washington at the beginning of his career. They dumped him after 1 or 2 seasons of super-tempermental behavior and erratic play.

As far as being the Detroit board, no, but I'm sort of responding to UB's near-suicidal despondence after Wallace got traded to the Pistons. Message to UB: "It's gonna be OK".

Is this the Piston board? .
    No kiddin'...

Pistons will put it together sooner or later... a couple more stumbles before they're up and running would be nice though.

Southside_Pacer

All we gotta do is keep winning and there's no possible way they can catch up to us.

If we take care of our business and do what we gotta do, we'll be alright.

Weed played for Washington at the beginning of his career. They dumped him after 1 or 2 seasons of super-tempermental behavior and erratic play.

My bad, forgot about that little stint. Still though, That was the beginning of his career. His game is better now IMO. If anyone can coach this guy it's Larry. He put up with Ivy's crap for a while, so I think he can deal with Sheed. Plus I think Sheed is tired of losing and is ready to listen.

Detroit was going nowhere this year as they were, IMO. Trading a bunch of junk to audition Rasheed for a 30 game experiment and possible playoff run is not a bad idea, IMO. If it doesn't work or Rasheed has a few blow ups, they can let him walk or use him in a sign and trade. It's a no lose sitatuation, I think.

Atlanta is stupid. While they still may have cap room, they traded away a likely very good trade asset. I just don't see many FA's wanting to play there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually, Sheed was hardly at fault last night. He took too many jumpers, but thats because he wasnt included in the offense yet.

We'll be fine, don't worry about Wallace. His behavior thusfar has been exemplary.

There were stretches last night where this team was just dominant, and other stretches where we couldn't do a thing right. It was more a case where they need to get familiar with each other first.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Default FIne announced

FIne for Playing "sheed and James ...$200,000

watching them lose a close one...PRICELESS!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4353889/
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: FIne announced

FIne for Playing "sheed and James ...$200,000

watching them lose a close one...PRICELESS!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4353889/
    Hmm, So guess it was the Pistons at fault in that situation.

No, the Celtics were at fault...they just fined us for PLAYING them......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

There were stretches last night where this team was just dominant, and other stretches where we couldn't do a thing right.
    You just described every team in the NBA

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

All we gotta do is keep winning and there's no possible way they can catch up to us.

If we take care of our business and do what we gotta do, we'll be alright.
    exactly