Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 174

Thread: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

  1. #1
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    With no draft picks for the Pacers, and still a decent amount of guys out there with potential, who would you like of the Pacers to try to add to the summer league roster... Hopefully Bird will read this and maybe make some of use fan/readers happy.

    I will start it out with DeAndre Kane, move could allow us to cut Sloan and bring in a cheaper replacement, may not help much but would not hurt seeing our cap situation, every dollar can help.
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #2
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,639

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    I'd like to see them invite some undrafted free agents. Particularly, I would like to see them bring in Sim Bhullar from New Mexico, Sean Kilpatrick, and James Michael McAdoo.


    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-signings
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see them invite some undrafted free agents. Particularly, I would like to see them bring in Sim Bhullar from New Mexico, Sean Kilpatrick, and James Michael McAdoo.


    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-signings
    Wow, I forgot McAdoo didn't even get drafted, I think one of his biggest problems with his ability to play in the league is if he can even be a role player, he is like a Hansborough but not as efficient, and that is saying a lot... If he can figure out that he does not have to do it all, but still give good effort and work on his offensive moves maybe he will turnout to be something..
    Why so SERIOUS

  5. #4
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Sean Kilpatrick and CJ Fair!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  6. #5
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,283

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    I love summer league, even though in my heart I know it's a waste of time Maybe one guy (if lucky!) will get to training camp from the summer league team.

    Anyway, I'd hope to see Solo and Sloan there, and maybe LaVoy Allen and Orlando Johnson as speculated in the other thread (however, as FAs it's quite possible both will turn it down).

    Of the undrafted rookies, I hope to see: Patric Young (a Tbird favorite), Melvin Ejim (p4e is high on him), and maybe Javon McCrea (said to be similar to Millsap). Chances are though that the FO will bring in a whole bunch of people we never thought of.

  7. #6
    Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roswell, NM
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see them invite some undrafted free agents. Particularly, I would like to see them bring in Sim Bhullar from New Mexico, Sean Kilpatrick, and James Michael McAdoo.


    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-signings
    (Low growl) Sim's an Aggie from New Mexico State. Danny Granger, Mel Daniels - Lobos, Sim Bhullar good-for-very-little gosh-darn Aggie!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jdw For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,283

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Heh. Gratz on Bairstow being drafted.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

    jdw

  11. #8
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Sim Bhullar is an insanely massive individual. I am not sure he has a place in the NBA though. If people think Roy is slow then this guy will make your eyes bleed.

    He has reportedly lost weight and has worked really hard, which is great. His story is pretty cool and if he could make it being the first Native American player would be historic.

  12. #9
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,283

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sim Bhullar is an insanely massive individual. I am not sure he has a place in the NBA though. If people think Roy is slow then this guy will make your eyes bleed.

    He has reportedly lost weight and has worked really hard, which is great. His story is pretty cool and if he could make it being the first Native American player would be historic.
    Sim Bhullar is Indian as in from India.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Sean Kilpatrick, CJ Fair, James McAdoo, Patric Young, Scottie Wilbekin, and Sim Bhullar


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. #11
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sim Bhullar is Indian as in from India.
    My bad!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    I could see Bird bringing in Jake Odum from ISU for a look during Summer League.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,283

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    http://hoopshype.com/summer_leagues.htm

    Hoopshype lists forwards Kevin Jones and Tyler Stone on our roster as of now.

  20. #14

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://hoopshype.com/summer_leagues.htm

    Hoopshype lists forwards Kevin Jones and Tyler Stone on our roster as of now.

    Orlando Johnson with the Warriors

  21. #15
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Scottie Wilbeikin Is on Memphis roster. I thought he would have been a decent 3rd pg option if we decide to let Sloan go.

    In other news Delonte West in on the Lakers roster? Good lord.

  22. #16
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  24. #17
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    I read Jake Odom will be on the Pacers roster as well.

  25. #18
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,445

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Per Alex Kennedy: Roger Mason is on the squad (Idk if that was previously reported - haven't looked through the entire thread)

  26. #19
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    @AlexKennedyNBA: James Nunnally will play for the Indiana Pacers' summer league team.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  27. #20
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    I don't think we're gonna sign any of these guys.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  28. #21

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sim Bhullar is an insanely massive individual. I am not sure he has a place in the NBA though. If people think Roy is slow then this guy will make your eyes bleed.
    I've never seen this guy play, but he's built like late-career Shaq from the pics I've seen. If he's in shape who cares if he's slow? Park him right outside of the paint and let him Shaq his way to buckets and offensive boards. I am intrigued.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  30. #22

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @AlexKennedyNBA: James Nunnally will play for the Indiana Pacers' summer league team.
    can't have one Gaucho we'll take another. D-League All Star last year, for what it's worth

  31. #23
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,116

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)



  32. #24
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,514

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I forgot McAdoo didn't even get drafted, I think one of his biggest problems with his ability to play in the league is if he can even be a role player, he is like a Hansborough but not as efficient, and that is saying a lot... If he can figure out that he does not have to do it all, but still give good effort and work on his offensive moves maybe he will turnout to be something..
    MacAdoo is a bust. If you can't excel playing NCAA basketball, you have a minimal chance to make it in the NBA. I thought he was really good as a Freshman, but he must have gotten exposed
    David "And One" West

  33. #25
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yup I'm doing it already (Summer League)

    Underwhelming group of guys on our summer league team considering what other options there are.

    But Larry always loves to look out for his hometown kids. Christian Watford, Andrew Smith. Cant say im not surprised Odum is getting an invite.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •