Thread: I'm new, bear with me....

Smile I'm new, bear with me....

I posted what follows below in another thread before I realized that it was pretty old....I wanted to post it where people might see it....Not trying to break decorum (don't really know what I'm doing anyway!) so please bear with me!

Here is the post:

very new here, but love to read the posts! I purchased a football card on ebay and got a near DVD quality Tivo'd DVD for free of the whole game on ESPN and about 20 minutes after the game with the ESPN announcers talking tough (only to have to recant and dog the Pacers the next day). I also wanted to watch the game again, not the fight. I was lucky that my two kids, 4 and 2, who are huge Pacer fans were staying with their grandparents that weekend.....My wife and I were both sick to watch it unfold.

I would be happy to discuss how I could send a copy to anyone who wants the dvd I have. If someone would pay the postage and send me a blank DVD, there would be no problem! I've passed it around to everyone who wants it around my hometown!! Send me an email at youmakemehappy@comcast.net and we can discuss....Will check in and see if anyone is interested.

You all seem like a pretty tight group around here. My family and I are huge Pacer fans who live near Ft. Wayne. We watch all the games on Fox Sport Net or WB4, and have been to a few. Since it is Reggie's last year, we are taking the kiddies to the Family Night game on 3/11. Got 15th row seats on Ebay! I've never been that close before!!!! I've been to several this year; the Wizards game in preseason at Muncie, the fan jam, the Hawks game right before the fight game, and also just went to the Blazers game to see Reggie's 36 points! I take about 500 pics every time I go with a 6MP camera and a 300mm lens, and would be happy to share those as well. Not looking AT ALL to take a profit, just want to share the love with Pacer nation. From what I've read, a lot of you have season tickets and probably wouldn't be interested, but for those who love the Pacers and don't get to see them much.....Just trying to make some friends!!

GO PACERS!!

Default Re: I'm new, bear with me....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to have you aboard.
    Welcome.

And your handle I assume is for a former player. If so, Woody is well thought of here on the board. It's certainly a name to live up to.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Thanks for the nice welcome! Yes, my name is for Mr. Workman...I wanted someone kinda old school, but not Billy Keller if ya know what I mean! My second choice was "Big Smoove".....

I've been lurking and reading this site for months now, but finally logged in and posted. I'm sure I will be around a lot as we follow the Pacers trying to make it happen in the second half of the season. We certainly got off on the right foot tonight!

I have a goofy (probably BS) story to pass on.....

I met a lady and her son two Friday's ago at my place of work. The son had on a Artest-23 hat and I commented that I was happy to see someone still willing to give my boy some props after what happened.

The lady and I proceed to have a ten minute conversation about her and the Pacers. I didn't get her name, and know absolutely nothing about her other than what I share here....

She said that Artest gave the hat to her husband, and that he (her husband) works for a band in Ft. Wayne that Artest is interested in. He has been meeting with them and listening in the studio with them a couple days a week for a month or two and that is how her husband knows him. She proceeds to say that she and her husband just moved to Ft.W from Indy and that she was a Pacemate twelve years ago. She wasn't gorgeous, but good enough to believe it. She pulls out her wallet and has pictures of herself in uniform, and another with her and Reggie posing....I'm starting to believe her a little, by this time....

I told her that we are huge fans, blah blah blah, you know that rabble....and that we only miss the games that aren't on TV (3 this year I think). I get the Sports Pack on DTV and catch WB4 games or national coverage for the rest.....Suffice it to say, if I don't see it on TV, it either isn't televised or I'm THERE! We talked a little about how her husband can't get the games with Comcast in Ft.W, and that he needs to get a dish, etc.

I told her about us getting the tix for the 3/11 Pacers/Warriors game to take the kiddies to see Uncle Reggie and she said to hold onto those tickets...

I was curious and she said that that date came out of Artest's mouth not three days before as a date for his return. She didn't have much other than, "My husband said that Artest said...." so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

I just wanted to post it here and see what you all think, and get it out there for everyone to remember this post when that date rolls around....I feel like nothing is going to happen, but I still read and hear rumblings that the door is slightly ajar for Ronnie....

My feeling is that Bird said it best when he stated that the biggest lesson Artest has learned is that he needs the NBA. He always maintained before that he could walk away and never look back, but now that he has been away for more than a small amount of time, he has realized that he needs it more than simply for his livelihood.

I think that a statement like that from Larry Legend coupled with Stern maybe wanting to smooth relations with the owners and players ahead of the negotiations for the new CBA, plus his unwillingness to slam the door shut on Artest just m..a....y.....nah, probably not, but I can still dream, can't I??!!

Goodnight all!

Sports Logo

Heywoode you really need to post more! Welcome aboard.

I feel dwarfed by his posting prowness.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

3/11 Warriors game, great now I cant wait to see if Ronnie will play. Welcome to the boards Heywoode you have contributed more with your 2 posts then I have with my 450

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I don't know guys, you put what was said in the Star today, along with what Larry, Stern, and Woody has said and the puzzle seems to start coming together. More than I ever have before, I believe that he's coming back.

Smile Re: I'm new, bear with me....

Good morning all! Thanks for the kind words about my two posts...

I'm sure I will get the same reputation here that I have in the real world, which is that I can be kind of WORDY!

Have a great day!

3ptmiller

Welcome m8

Welcome Mr. Workman. Keep up the good posts.