Thread: Pistons lose to Magic at home

Default Pistons lose to Magic at home

Look out eastern conference.

Default Re: Pistons lose to Magic at home

Beat me to it.

Well, I'm happy to have gained another game lead on them while we can.

It's not so much that I'm afriad we'll do any worse than .500 ball, just that I think they'll get hot sooner or later and win several in a row.

Was a crazy finish to the game. Mcgrady played pretty bad all game but got a steal off the inbounds pass when they were down 2 with 11 seconds left and Juwan Howard got a basket and the foul to take the lead.

Now if only the Nets would start losing again..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh yes, because nobody EVER loses to the magic at home....

We just had chemistry issus tonight we still havent had a practice with rasheed and james. Yeesh people, give us a few weeks....you know, when we can actually INVOLVE him in the offense....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

We just had chemistry issus tonight we still havent had a practice with rasheed and james. Yeesh people, give us a few weeks....you know, when we can actually INVOLVE him in the offense....
    Hey, we're missing our second-best player. You get no pity from us. It's not like you lost anybody important in the trade.

I'm relishing every Pistons/Nets loss for the rest of the way, because if we have the number one seed, they will have to play each other. It's all about keeping our place.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Tim

Kstat I think a few people here believed Sheed would give you another post man, I quick check of the Stats tonight shows Sheed in Reggie land taking 5 behind the arc.

We Pacers can live with that

Always an excuse...

From the AP:

With the Pistons up two, McGrady knocked the ball away from Chauncey Billups, and Howard was able to fight off Richard Hamilton to hit the tying layup. Howard then hit the free throw to put the Magic ahead.

"That was just a freak play," said Howard, who played despite food poisoning. "Luckily, I got something off."

McGrady felt it was a clean steal, but Billups disagreed.

"We've got the ball up two, so you know they are coming to foul," he said. "I turned my back and he grabbed my arm."

Rasheed Wallace missed at the buzzer for the Pistons, who have lost eight of nine.

Rasheed scored 14 in first full game as a Piston. He's going to be a monster. But then, if Bender keeps playing the way he has in the last two games, and he's given more minutes, we may have a few surprises of our own. Our bench is deeeeeep. Pistons is thiiiiiiiin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kstat I think a few people here believed Sheed would give you another post man, I quick check of the Stats tonight shows Sheed in Reggie land taking 5 behind the arc.

We Pacers can live with that
    That's Sheed's problem. He still hasn't realized he's a post player. And I hope he continues not to realize that. If he's going to be chucking up perimeter shots, the Pistons will not be a serious threat to the Pacers or Nets.

Kstat, we're 2-0 w/o Artest. You're 0-2 with Sheed. Chemistry or not, all you did was seriously upgrade your roster. We lost our second-best player. So no excuses.

Beat me to it.

Well, I'm happy to have gained another game lead on them while we can.

It's not so much that I'm afriad we'll do any worse than .500 ball, just that I think they'll get hot sooner or later and win several in a row.
    I really don't think this is a problem.

Take a close look at the standings. Detroit is currently 8 games behind us. However, you have to take into account that they've played 2 more games than we have (both at home, btw). They've actually lost 9 more games than we have (24 to 15.) Plus, we already own the tie breaker.

So, in the grand scheme of things, that means with 26 games left (for us, 24 for them) we have to lose 10 more games than Detroit for them to pass us in the standings. Is that possible? Sure it is. But not terribly likely. Larry Brown is a heck of a coach, but he's no Lawrence Frank. :P

(Speaking of NJ, of course that's another story. While their winning streak is impressive, most everyone is waiting until they play Minny in a few days to see how good they really are.)

[edit] So, for example, if we were to play .500 ball the rest of the way (13-13) it would mean that Detroit would have to go 21-3 to beat us.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I think it's just sweet irony that the Pistons lose their first full game with Rasheed since after they acquired him we had several Pacer fans that practically gave them the East title in one particular thread. They will certainly improve with time and may even win the East, but they are by no means the favorites to do so right now. I would actually be more concerned about the Nets who can't lose anymore.

Let's also not forget that not only was this a home loss to the Magic, it was with McGrady playing an absolutely terrible game.
    Can we get a new color commentator please?

Like I said before, people REALLY overreacted when this trade went down. Seem to forget that WE are pretty damn good. Don't you think?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Southside_Pacer

I'm going to steal btowns' thunder here.

Pacers fans when Sheed went to Detroit:

Pistons Fans, incuding KStat when he said he was giving up on them since Dumars obviously didn't want to compete, and if I misquoted you I'm sorry but I know it was something along those lines:

Pacers fans when Arest went out:

Pacers Fans being 41-15, 8 games up on the Pistons in the Central:
    : range: :

(Speaking of NJ, of course that's another story. While their winning streak is impressive, most everyone is waiting until they play Minny in a few days to see how good they really are.)

[edit] So, for example, if we were to play .500 ball the rest of the way (13-13) it would mean that Detroit would have to go 21-3 to beat us.
    Well, if we went .500 the rest of the way, we'd end up at 54-28. By the way, has anyone noticed that while Jersey is 10-0 in the past 10 games, nobody else in the East has won more than us (7-3)?

Anyway, the Nets are currently 34-20. Indy is up 2-1 in the season series, but if the Nets tie at 2-2, then it's likely that we'd lose the second tiebreaker. To get to 54-28, the Nets need to go 20-8. It seems like they should be able to pull that off.

Of course, we should be able to do better than .500 ball the rest of the season. Don't want to count our chickens yet, but we've got a good chance of holding the #1 seed. And that means that we wouldn't have to face the Nets/Pistons until the Eastern Conference Finals.

If the season ended today, we'd get MIAMI in the first round, followed by the Bugs/Bucks. That's assuming New York doesn't move up, of course, but I think the Hornets have a pretty good chance of staying at #4.

7-round series against the Baron would be hard, but winnable.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

duaneok66

Like I said before, people REALLY overreacted when this trade went down. Seem to forget that WE are pretty damn good. Don't you think?
    The nets look pretty solid right now, and they are still the EC defending champs . . .

duaneok66

I concur . . . the Pistons will be a tough out in the playoffs (despite their regular season record) . . . you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise . . .