Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stephen A. Says Pacers Don't Deserve To Be In ECF

Sports Logo

Default Re: Stephen A. Says Pacers Don't Deserve To Be In ECF

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lakers pretty much mailed it in from mid 3rd qtr on.
    And that's exactly what the Pacers did last night.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Some games they did. Some games they didn't. Anything less than 100% when it's the playoffs especially is inexcusable. Shows lack of pride and character which is the whole point of the original post.
    The Spurs just got their asses handed to them. The Heat almost lost to the Nets twice in a row. (Which, IMO..is worse than getting your *** handed to you.) OKC is struggling with the Clippers.

This team went through a rough stretch the last part of the season. They are going through growing pains. We've figured out we REALLY need Roy Hibbert to play well in order to win. They collectively have some maturity issues.

But sometimes people get to wound up at what instantly happened. Before last game, this was back to being the Best Team we've had in years. After last game, it's "I hate this team..good teams don't do this."

They're up 3-2. If they win, they deserve to be in the ECF. If they don't..then they don't. People just need to calm down. It was a bad game, collectively. Move on.

3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    The Spurs just got their asses handed to them. The Heat almost lost to the Nets twice in a row. (Which, IMO..is worse than getting your *** handed to you.) OKC is struggling with the Clippers.

This team went through a rough stretch the last part of the season. They are going through growing pains. We've figured out we REALLY need Roy Hibbert to play well in order to win. They collectively have some maturity issues.

But sometimes people get to wound up at what instantly happened. Before last game, this was back to being the Best Team we've had in years. After last game, it's "I hate this team..good teams don't do this."

They're up 3-2. If they win, they deserve to be in the ECF. If they don't..then they don't. People just need to calm down. It was a bad game, collectively. Move on.
    That actually made me feel better. Maybe Till tomorrow.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers won game 5 AT HOME in 2000 by a score of 120-87. 33 pt margin.
    Lakers knew they had the next two at home. Pacers played awesome. Lakers pretty much mailed it in from mid 3rd qtr on.
    oh you and your facts, seriously though thanks for clarifying. i do think they were up 40 plus at one point which was some kind of finals record.i remember the sentiment at the time was that the lakers "wanted to win it at home" well game six went to OT and if reggie's shot drops... i can't...

i still stand by my point that deserving is a subjective argument. every game has it's own flow. the hawks did the same thing in game 5 last round. wash may win the series but a game similar to that is unlikely to happen again. to base the pacers worthiness on one game is a narrow view by SAS. the only thing I'm sure of with these pacers is you never know what you're gonna get. they are like an outta control train. some days they smash others, some days they derail. everyone who's been on board the train for all 82 knows the pacers don't make it easy. it's usually a crash landing. sometimes they survive sometimes it's a disaster. who ever advances deserves it, or earned it.

pacers in 7

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

I don't mind (well yea I do but not as much) Losing, it's the EFFORT! If they just TRIED, this series would be over with! I don't get how RESTING FOR 4 DAYS, GOING TO ECF to play the team you were built to beat, GETTING PRAISED BY YOUR FANS AT HOME isn't enough incentive to do your damnedest to win and finish this out!? I don't get these guys

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly think that a lot of the hate comes from outsiders who see the Pacers as "their" last chance to stop the heat from going to the finals a 4th consecutive time. They really want us to succeed but have a hell of a way of showing it! They also know that if we play like we have this series the heat will cruise to another ring. IMO we are EVERYONE's last shot at dethroning them. If and when we advance they will ALL be on the bandwagon again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    I honestly think that a lot of the hate comes from outsiders who see the Pacers as "their" last chance to stop the heat from going to the finals a 4th consecutive time. They really want us to succeed but have a hell of a way of showing it! They also know that if we play like we have this series the heat will cruise to another ring. IMO we are EVERYONE's last shot at dethroning them. If and when we advance they will ALL be on the bandwagon again.

No doubt, then everyone would be a OKC fan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

They packed it in??? They lost by 14 points on the road. They played the Nets even in the 4th qtr. They hardly gave up. You can't equate anything, anywhere, anytime to the garbage the occurred last night. If you walked the 1995 Pacers out there last night, at their current ages, they would not have been out rebounded 62-23.
    We beat the Wizards by 1 in the 4th last night. Does that mean we played hard and serious that quarter and the game wasn't over well before then? Another example of box score analysis vs. watching the actual game.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post

Some of them are like that but I don't feel that this is the majority. Most of them are simply Heat bandwagoners.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to riverside For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tbh I'd prefer to lose the way we lost last night than the way clippers lost... Sorry
    Impossible Is Nothing

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Tbh I'd prefer to lose the way we lost last night than the way clippers lost... Sorry
    I agree. The way we lost last night was bad, but it's easy to correct giving effort. To have a terrible call practically hand the game to the other team would be sickening.
    "What people think of as the moment of discovery is really the discovery of the question." -Jonas Silk

How does Indiana "not deserve it" and Miami with their roster of ring chasers does?
    David "And One" West

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any team that gets there deserves it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

The media people seem to hate this team when they're not winning every game. We're just one of those teams now. Miami Heat when through the same thing awhile ago.

So no, I don't agree. There are some teams in this league that would never get things said like that about them no matter how badly they played in a single game.... So understand that statements like this don't come from a place of actual rationality.

Mood

As if Stephen A is some basketball god. Who is he to say who deserves what? Win more games than other teams = deserve to advance.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyanPelley For This Useful Post:

Now, Stephen A. Smith is a close personal friend of mine. I grew up with him. My parents know his parents; they play bridge every Sunday night. But to sit there and declare that the Pacers, the #1 seed Indiana Pacers, don't deserve to be in the Eastern Conference Finals?! That is downright blasphemous! Stephen A. Smith is a top-notch journalist and a dear, dear friend, but he is absolutely, 100% mistaken on this issue!

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I didn't realize that little Stevie was still on TV.

Come on, Pacers. Just win one more funkin game in this series! This roller coaster of a year has been a real ***** at times, but why not keep it coming?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Now, Stephen A. Smith is a close personal friend of mine. I grew up with him. My parents know his parents; they play bridge every Sunday night. But to sit there and declare that the Pacers, the #1 seed Indiana Pacers, don't deserve to be in the Eastern Conference Finals?! That is downright blasphemous! Stephen A. Smith is a top-notch journalist and a dear, dear friend, but he is absolutely, 100% mistaken on this issue!
    I...uh...what?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Do people actually care what he says? He's just the mouthpiece of "box-office" for all I know.

I hope this lit up the Pacers' *** to end this in game 6 (I hate it when they need to use things like this as motivation, but whatever helps this team win the next one...)

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post

And guess what Miami will do tonight, at home, in their close out game? Anyone want to take a wild guess?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Yup.
    They won, but it was a very underwhelming performance against an old basketball team that's coach is not capable of drawing up an offensive play for the final 5 minutes. If you can watch the tape of that basketball game and say you were impressed by the Miami Heat and fear them, more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    They won, but it was a very underwhelming performance against an old basketball team that's coach is not capable of drawing up an offensive play for the final 5 minutes. If you can watch the tape of that basketball game and say you were impressed by the Miami Heat and fear them, more power to you.
    It IS funny watching Kidd stand around during their time outs letting his assistants draw up plays.

As far as being impressed by or fearing the Heat... They've lost one game through two rounds. Sure, I'm impressed by that. But, right now, I'm more afraid of the Pacers' ineptitude than I am anything else.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post: