Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jermaine thinks the Pacers are going to the playoffs

Youman

Default Re: Jermaine thinks the Pacers are going to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely.

The Pacers, as they are now, are DEFINATELY good enough to catch Orlando.

Washington probably has too big of a lead on them, but #6 is certainly a goal they can achieve. They'd even have home court advantage, in all likelyhood.
    I agree and would love to put the Celtics out of the playoffs 2 years in a row!Go :thepacers!Boom Baby
    Attached Images Attached Images

Look at it this way: Donnie looks over his bottom line this year vs last year, sees how much he's paying guys that, minus one player, couldn't make a freaking 8th seed, and he's asking himself, "what am I paying these guys for?"
    Kstat, we all recognize that you see your role as "the guy that stirs the ***** to make it stink," but this entire thread is way below your normal quality standards.

Minus one player? What planet have you been on? The only guy that's stayed active so far this season is our third-string shooting guard. Suspensions aside, I've never seen a team this snakebit. And besides that "one player" that's missing, Jax and JO still missed 45 games between them. And here's the thing: you know all of this. You know it and you post crap like this anyway.

I strongly doubt that you believe half of what you've written in this thread. If that's true, then you're posting it just to get a rise out of people. Internet slang for such a person is TROLL. I've historically valued your contributions to this forum, and I don't think this thread is indicative of the kind of basketball discussion you want. If it is, there's always the IndyStar.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Kstat, we all recognize that you see your role as "the guy that stirs the ***** to make it stink," but this entire thread is way below your normal quality standards.

Minus one player? What planet have you been on? The only guy that's stayed active so far this season is our third-string shooting guard. Suspensions aside, I've never seen a team this snakebit. And besides that "one player" that's missing, Jax and JO still missed 45 games between them. And here's the thing: you know all of this. You know it and you post crap like this anyway.

I strongly doubt that you believe half of what you've written in this thread. If that's true, then you're posting it just to get a rise out of people. Internet slang for such a person is TROLL. I've historically valued your contributions to this forum, and I don't think this thread is indicative of the kind of basketball discussion you want. If it is, there's always the IndyStar.

Funny how people seem to be agreeing with me more often than not, and you're accusing me of trying to **** off people.....

unless you assume that the pacers will be without JO for 20 of your last 30 games, what you just said makes no sense at all.

Last time I checked, your roster minus Artest is going to be relatively healthy for the stretch run. I don't even count bender anymore, because you EXPECT him to be hurt all the time.

I never said the 1st half of your season was a failure. Go back and re-read what I said before making garbage accusations.

However, if you DON'T make the playoffs, it damnwell will be a failure. Anyone who says otherwise is blind.

So long as you're not decimated by injuries the rest of the year, you're fresh out of excuses for failure.

Furthermore, I find it very DISTURBING, that having actual EXPECTATIONS for the Pacers this year qualifies as "trolling." That should disturb everyone in this forum that a Pistons fan thinks higher of your current roster than %90 of the forum. But hey, thats what TROLLS do, I guess.

Of course, I'm sure you'll only read HALF of this post, since you seem to be stopping halfway through each one so far.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Mood

You're absolutely right, K. It's time for the players (and especially certain fans) to quit making excuses about how Ron Artest is the only way this team can make a championship run, let alone MAKE the playoffs. No more excuses, it's time to kick it in GEAR and start WINNING basketball games WITHOUT Ron Artest.

I agree with some of what has been said in this thread, a lot of what K has been saying makes sense. However, the thing that struck me most was the leadership issue. JO must step in as the unquestioned leader of this team, or we will never get anywhere. He has made some progress, roughing Ron up a bit early in the season (when Ron was out of line), but he has a ways to go.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I never said the 1st half of your season was a failure. Go back and re-read what I said before making garbage accusations.
    I was momentarily embarrassed. Had I mis-read your post? I've come to the conclusion that I can't tell. Part of the confusion is probably based around Jermaine's blurb in the first post. I read that as an answer to a direct question, while you read it as an unsolicited declaration. So I'm looking at it as Jermaine saying "Will we make the playoffs? Absolutely." While you're seeing him say "I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we'll make the playoffs." So YES, given your initial (flawed ) assumptions, your posts make sense.

If I'm paying my star player $120 million and he ISN'T [in the playoffs], then apparently I spent my money unwisely.
    Normally, I'd agree. But if the league hadn't reduced JO's suspension, and if the injury bug continues like it has, and if the East weren't ridiculously weak, I could see that happening and have no problem with it. I'd hate that we were't there, but I wouldn't have blamed Jermaine for it. Now you'll say "that's a lot of ifs," which is a fair point. But all of those "ifs" are more likely than their reverse.

However, if you DON'T make the playoffs, it damnwell will be a failure. Anyone who says otherwise is blind.
    For this year? Absolutely. My response to the first post in this thread was "duh." I've been targeting the #6 spot since the day the suspensions were handed out, and at the beginning my biggest fear was that we were going to come in too high. Luckily, injury after injury has made this less of a danger.

Of course, I'm sure you'll only read HALF of this post, since you seem to be stopping halfway through each one so far.
    It's not my reading that needs work, it's my comprehension.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

yeesh anthem, I have enough people in here to with, I dont need to be getting into with you.......

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

yeesh anthem, I have enough people in here to with, I dont need to be getting into with you.......
    Then take up that **** with me, FREAK
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Then take up that **** with me, FREAK
    Your avitar is a man in a dress and you're calling Kstat a freak?

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Actually what makes that worse is that his avitar is actually a naked Rodman , it's just been sanitized for the workplace.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    You know, Dennis would be VERY upset if he overheard you
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Actually what makes that worse is that his avitar is actually a naked Rodman , it's just been sanitized for the workplace.
    How do you know he is naked?.....HAVE YOU BEEN LOOKING?