Thread: the "official" keep Pollie in Indy thread

Default the "official" keep Pollie in Indy thread

It's about time we did something to make clear our appreciation of Scott Pollard (aka Pollie) because if we are honest, his "ponderings" alone make him an asset to this team

(Pondering the All-Star break)
    I think itís really cool of the NBA to give me a weekend every year for my birthday (Feb. 12). Itís kind of a ďthank-you, Scot, for being in the NBA.Ē Everybody else calls it the All-Star Break, but I call it the Scot Pollard Birthday Weekend. Both of my kids were conceived during the Scot Pollard Birthday Weekend. Iím not joking. Look it up. Their birthdays are Oct. 17 and Nov. 3 Ė and the Oct. 17 was two weeks early. I hope we didnít conceive any more kids this year, but we did go to Atlantis, which is a big resort in the Bahamas. It is like Disneyland. The kids just had a blast, even my 1-year-old. If youíre sick of waiting in line at Disneyland, itís a great place to go with your family. If youíre looking for relaxing and quiet, no. But if you want to go party with your kids and have them hanging around and going nuts with other kids, itís a great place to go.
    The man has a great sense of humor and I am also sure he will give us proof of his value to our team over the coming weeks/months.

So what you say?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: the "official" keep Pollie in Indy thread

I wonder what Scot gets for his birthday from his wife...

I say keep him, he might come in handy during the playoffs or maybe even next year.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I've been behind Pollard since he came to Indiana and kicked our butts last year.

After that game, I was saying that he should come play for us because he'd be killer...Apparently, I got half of that right.

I just know Pollard will get into a groove next season if he is still with us. I really pray that Larry and Donnie give him another year because he truly is a quality NBA player and I'd hate to see him leave and flourish.

We love you Pollard!!!

Mood

Keep him. Even as he is now, he's valuable to this team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dump his sorry arse. As a friend of mine would say... He ain't won nothin', ain't worth nothin'.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dump his sorry arse. As a friend of mine would say... He ain't won nothin', ain't worth nothin'.
    If he ain't worth nothing, who would want him? ed:
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo

Its a little late for this thread isnt it? The trade deadline has passed there is no chance they are simply going to cut him.

As much as I am oposed to Pollard being here I would not advocate cutting him.

With that logic, the Broncos should have cut Elway.
    With that logic, the Jazz should have cut Stockton and Malone.
    With that logic, the Pacers should cut Miller.
    With that logic, the Red Sox should have cut Yaz or Williams.
    With that logic, the Dolphins should have cut Marino.
    With that logic, the Bills should have cut Kelly.
    With that logic, the Cubs should cut Sosa, Wood and Prior.
    With that logic, the Red Sox should cut Martinez, Ramirez, Garciaparra, Varitek, Foulke, Nixon, Damon, Lowe, Wakefield, Mueller, Ortiz, Millar, etc.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i thought the feeling on the board is that we need another big center, a dampier-type player maybe, who will match up with the opponents' big guys .

pollard was supposed to be that player. so far he hasn't been very effective.

clearly, if the pacers can trade for or sign that big center, then pollard would be redundant. if not, he gets another audition.

i like pollard's humor too, but he's making too much money to sit on the bench. personally, i wouldn't mind if the pacers move him. my pet theory is that pacers would offer him and a pick to the bobcats, in part to save money, in part to protect the rest of the roster.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've said for a while now that Pollard's value to this team will be best seen in the playoffs. Scot brings a big body, the ability to defend bigger post up players and hustle. He made some good plays yesterday and I thought he has played pretty good the last week or so. Like others have said, the trade deadline has passed so he's here for the year, I'm glad Rick has found a way to use him.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've said for a while now that Pollard's value to this team will be best seen in the playoffs. Scot brings a big body, the ability to defend bigger post up players and hustle.
    So do you think he will move up in the rotation or do you think we will try to play a ten or eleven man rotation in the playoffs? Whose minutes does he take away in the playoffs?

Help me out here, because I don't see it the same way.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

So do you think he will move up in the rotation or do you think we will try to play a ten or eleven man rotation in the playoffs? Whose minutes does he take away in the playoffs?
    Personally Jay, I don't think Pollard will take up anyone's minutes.
    Foster and Pollard are the only centers who play regularly for the Pacers. It's just that sometimes O'Neal moves over to center because Artest is in along with Harrington, but with Artest out, I think Pollard will see a lot more time. In the playoffs, I would expect Pollard to get significant time. 1) Because he's been there before and 2) because he has the rest of the regular season to show us what he's got and he's been starting to come on as of late.

[hr]
    Did I make sense?