Thread: Lance for a point guard

Default Lance for a point guard

It seems pretty apparent that the current Pacers have issues, which seem to stem from from several things, but it's becoming clear that Lance has been getting on people's nerves for awhile. Been a Lance supporter since day 1, but he has really come into his own as a player and can still get better. However, this is a contract year and Lance has definitely someone that's out to "get his" and fill up the stat sheet.

While I like Lance and what he brings to the team, I think the Pacers should sell high on a player. Also, this team needs a pg. Hill just isn't getting things done.

There are 2 pgs that I would love to see in a Pacer uniform. Eric Bledsoe or Reggie Jackson.

Trade Scenario #1:

Lance for Bledsoe straight up. Double sign and trade. Suns need a sg, and Dragic has a very team friendly deal for the MIP. Suns could have a seriously fun team with Dragic-Lance-Green. Pacers need a pg, and Bledsoe is a beast defensively and offensively.

Starting lineup:
    Bledsoe
    PG
    Cope
    West
    Hibbert

Bench:
    Watson
    Hill
    FA
    Scola (if retained), Allen or FA
    Ian

Moving PG back to sg is going to give this team one hell of a defensive backcourt, with Cope opening up driving lanes with his 3pt shooting. Watson-Hill lineup has proven to be pretty effective in the playoffs too.

Trade Scenario #2:
    Lance + Ian or Scola + 2nd rounder for Reggie Jackson + Jeremy Lamb + Kendrick Perkins

OKC can keep Reggie for one more season, but I think they need to sell high on him. They won't be able to afford him and he'll want the chance to start. OKC needs a sg too. I know that's 3 ball dominate players, but I think that helps OKC out more. Cause then it should cut down on double teams. Lance will be able to drive all day if Westbrook and Durant are double teamed.

Reggie Jackson is having a coming out party in the playoffs, which I predicted would happen next year. Dude is gonna be a starter for years to come on a team. Dude can play defense with his size and length, and his running a team/offensive ability is finally starting to come around. How could it not playing with Westbrook and Durant for a few years.

Pacers lineup:
    Reggie Jackson
    PG
    Cope
    West
    Hibbert

bench:
    Watson/Hill
    Hill/Lamb
    FA
    Allen or FA
    Perkins

Do you like the trades or think the Pacers really need to get a pg?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Lance for a point guard

How about just trade Hill to a cap under team. And sign Jamal Crawford in the off-season? Start him at point? Cheaper option, he's a vet, can shoot, would take defensive pressure off PG. And with this Clipper/Sterling/race stuff. No way he re-signs in the off-season with the LA Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about just trade Hill to a cap under team. And sign Jamal Crawford in the off-season? Start him at point? Cheaper option, he's a vet, can shoot, would take defensive pressure off PG. And with this Clipper/Sterling/race stuff. No way he re-signs in the off-season with the LA Clippers.
    But who'd want Hill? I was trying to be as realistic as possible. Pacers would have to send someone with Hill, likely a future 1st.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    But who'd want Hill? I was trying to be as realistic as possible. Pacers would have to send someone with Hill, likely a future 1st.
    I imagine a western team would take him. If there's any teams in the NBA that could use NON-SHOOTERS it's a West team. Sac, Phoenix, Houston. Take your pick. He has a good rep, is a former Spur, pop loves him. That's enough to get someone to bite. He's not toxic like JR Smith.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would be all about Lance for Bledsoe straight up.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I would be all about Lance for Bledsoe straight up.
    I'd do Lance for Bledsoe and one of their picks. Or Lance for Dragic and one of their picks. But I'd honestly rather have Dragic. I don't trust Bledsoe's knee. I don't think we need to invest lots of cash into a player who might be Granger all over again. Too much of a risk. We could also sign and trade Turner for a Jodie Meeks in the off season as well. We have options. We could heavily upgrade our back court and either trade Hill or move him to the bench.

Our off-season options are........

Move our two biggest assets, Turner and Lance for a heavy back court upgrade. And move Hill for a good bench piece.

Do the above except keep Hill, and add a bench SF who can shoot it.

Keep Lance and Evan. Have both work on their shot heavily in the off season. And their handles, and tell Evan to drop 10 pounds to get down to 210. So he can be quicker on O and D.

Trade Lance for a PG upgrade and keep Evan.

Trade Evan for a PG upgrade and keep Lance.

Trade Evan for a SG upgrade, and move Lance to PG.
    Last edited by Grimp; 05-12-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance sign and trade with Scola and Solo for Deron Williams?
    Pacers fan since April 9th 2004 - New Jersey 80 Indiana 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamer View Post
    Lance sign and trade with Scola and Solo for Deron Williams?
    D-will is done. Guy is also overpaid. I'd trade all of that for Joe Johnson though. Problem is, we need a PG. Joe makes enough money for two salary slots.

D-will is done. Guy is also overpaid. I'd trade all of that for Joe Johnson though. Problem is, we need a PG. Joe makes enough money for two salary slots.
    JJ gonna be getting paid 24 mil in his final year. Even though his contract is huge, I actually think his play has justified it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

How are you planning to sign and trade both Lance and Turner? First of all we only have the money to sign one or the other. Second we don't have Bird rights to Lance so if any hint came out we were going to trade him don't you think he would rather pick his own destination rather than accept a sign and trade? Unless there is an unlawful agreement between Bird and Lance, we can only make an offer just like every other team in the League, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    How are you planning to sign and trade both Lance and Turner? First of all we only have the money to sign one or the other. Second we don't have Bird rights to Lance so if any hint came out we were going to trade him don't you think he would rather pick his own destination rather than accept a sign and trade? Unless there is an unlawful agreement between Bird and Lance, we can only make an offer just like every other team in the League, yes?

Sign and trade only in the event we want Dragic or Bledsoe. Are there any other point guards available this Summer? Not talking about draft picks.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    JJ gonna be getting paid 24 mil in his final year. Even though his contract is huge, I actually think his play has justified it.
    That's what the superstars who have been superstars during their previous contracts aswell receive. JJ is not one of those players, not even close. So, even though he has played good that not nearly justifies USD 24 million.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You assume a lot when it comes to trade scenarios.

JCraw has an unguaranteed Contract with the Clippers for the next 2 seasons. He doesn't have the choice to become a Free Agent UNLESS the Clips decide to let him go. Given the impact that he has on the Team at a Price Tag of $5.5 mil a year.....that's a bargain price for him. I don't see the Clips letting him go.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I imagine a western team would take him. If there's any teams in the NBA that could use NON-SHOOTERS it's a West team. Sac, Phoenix, Houston. Take your pick. He has a good rep, is a former Spur, pop loves him. That's enough to get someone to bite. He's not toxic like JR Smith.
    I totally agree that if the Pacers wanted to move GH that there is some Team that would take him....even at the $8 mil per year price tag. GH screams professionalism, doesn't really cause problems and the type of Player that Teams want on their roster.

The question is how much value that the Team should get for him. I don't think that a 1st round draft pick in the mid-Teens and a huge TPE is enough for him....I'd want the most assets that the Pacers can get for him and think that the price tag that is placed on trading him should be pretty high.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.