Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: I'm unlocking the vault...anybody interested?

Default Re: I'm unlocking the vault...anybody interested?

^^ A little sadistic ??

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While you're at it, you might as well ask him for 94 Game 7 against NY, 95 Game 7 against Orlando, 98 Game 7 against Chicago, 99 Game 3 against NY, 00 Game 4 against the Lakers, 95 Colts-Steelers AFC Title game, the Colts-Pats playoff games in Foxboro, the tragic 05 Colts-Steelers playoff game, and the Colts-Saints Superbowl.
    Lol.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Funny thing is I have all of those games....

If I had to pick the five most fascinating games I've ever seen, game 7 Pacers vs Bulls 1998 would be up there.
    That game hurts to think about. MJ going bull in a china shop parading to the free throw line made me sick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    That game hurts to think about. MJ going bull in a china shop parading to the free throw line made me sick.
    A lot of those trips to the line were off of offensive rebounds that caught the defense out of position. The Bulls had absolutely nothing left in the tank from tip-off and basically won that game on willpower. 22-4 on the offensive glass, and 15 of those came from Jordan, Pippen, Harper, Buchler and Steve Kerr of all people. To this day I'm still scratching my head over the end result. Indiana was the better team in that game but the Bulls clawed like I've never seen a team claw. Their most effective offense the entire game was their own missed shots.

Clearest example I've eve seen in my lifetime of a team winning a series with nothing more than guts.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-25-2014 at 11:17 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Clearest example I've eve seen in my lifetime of a team winning a series with nothing more than guts.
    And probably the biggest example of something even those 90's Pacer teams never quite had. To me, that willpower is what made Jordan GOAT.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    And probably the biggest example of something even those 90's Pacer teams never quite had. To me, that willpower is what made Jordan GOAT.
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes x1000000000000

This is what I try to say to people when they make the LeBron > MJ. Watch a game of MJ, that son of a ***** is going to scrap and claw and crawl himself across that finish line even in the most meaningless of games, a cold blooded competitor.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

9. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

As I said in post #1, game 6 of the 2000 ECF against NY is off limits (only other games I have from that series are 3 and 4), but I have the entire 2000 finals available, in addition to game 5 vs Milwaukee (already shared) and game 2 vs Philly.
    Awesome. I was at that Game 5 vs. Milwaukee. Scary but fun. I think my brother may have attended one of those Philadelphia series games.

If at some point you want to go game by game for the 2000 NBA Finals, I'd be down for that.

Edit: Watched some of the current 2004 Pacers/Pistons game you have up: Great last couple minutes for The Feisty One. And there goes JO acting like George Hill, choking on them free throws...

I wouldn't mind the 2000 Finals at some point as well. I have never seen those games actually. I was visiting relatives in Europe throughout that whole series and they didn't have a very good TV package. I had to find a USA Today to read the box scores

Man, Game 1 from the 2004 ECF reminded me how much of a tease Bender was. He played limited minutes, but had a couple of plays where he looked just awesome off the dribble and then an awesome drive and dish to Harrington that changed the complexion of the first half.

Reggie had a hell of a time getting open that whole game. Made that three he drilled down the stretch so crucial.

And man JO was frustrating at times. Great player, but did nothing in the post until the end of the game, missed some buckets he should have finished, and of course missed those free throws that gave the Pistons a chance to take it to OT. However he cleaned up a lot of shots with putbacks, especially in the first half, and that can never be discounted when you've got a prime Ben Wallace patrolling the paint.

And did anyone else catch the commentators talking about a "maturing" Ron Artest in the first half? FML.

Did anyone catch D-Wade's suit at halftime? Looked like he stole that suit from the set of the Godfather. Man times have changed fashion wise.

After Game 1 of that series I thought the Pacers had it. I thought we were just too deep, too talented, and were much better offensively and comparable enough defensively with Detroit. But then Guaransheed happened and the rest was history...although I loved every minute of Detroit pasting the Lakers in the Finals.

Thanks for posting, Kstat.
    Last edited by idioteque; 07-26-2014 at 10:57 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

FYI Dropbox was not meant to be a streaming site, so with the bigger files it won't stream the entire game. You'll have to download it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

The other request: Game 6 of the 2005 2nd round, Pistons @ Pacers. AKA Reggie Miller's last game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lqpv2tufh...0%20Pacers.mp4

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

The other request: Game 6 of the 2005 2nd round, Pistons @ Pacers. AKA Reggie Miller's last game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lqpv2tufh...0%20Pacers.mp4
    Thanks, this has been a lifesaver this offseason.

My request for next week if you have the time: Game 1 of the 2001 NBA Finals, the only game Philly won, when AI put the Sixers on his back and stomped over Tyronn Lue. One of my favorite NBA moments.

ok....so, it's been a while...mainly because my dropbox got choked by traffic again and I was on 2-week suspension.

I thought I might interject one of my own obscure favorites:

Game 3 of the 1980 ECF between Philly and Boston.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io7mgel5dm...0%20Sixers.avi

Nobody really remembers this series because it was over with in 5 games, but three of those games were classics.

The 1980 Celtics weren't the version that everyone remembers from the 80's Parish. Bird was just a rookie and McHale weren't there yet. Instead, they had guys like Pete Maravich, Chris Ford, Dave Cowens, as well as Tiny Archibald and Cornbread Maxwell. They won 61 games and took the #1 seed in the east, but ran into a buzzsaw in Dr. J.

This games is awesome for two reasons:

One, Dr. J at barely 30 years old is still at the tail end of his athletic prime. He grabs rebounds and takes off like a slimmer LeBron on multiple unstoppable one-man fast breaks. The guy is a freight train. A handful of highlight dunks in addition to various other absurd scoops and last-second passes that only J could pull off with his enormous hands.

Two, Bird. Still only a 23 year old rookie, Larry goes toe-to-toe with DR. J for most of the second half. He hits multiple threes in an era where the line was just introduced and nobody really trusted it yet. And yeah, Bird and Pistol Pete on the same team. They only played a few dozen games together in their careers, so its equal parts weird and cool.

Bob Cousy doing color commentary basically fanboying over the Bird/Erving 2nd half exchange is awesome as well.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-12-2014 at 06:30 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

This week....some 1993 Hornets.

Game 3 of the 2nd round against the New York Knicks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sil0wjpar8...rnets.mkv?dl=0

2 OT thriller. LJ and Zo are at their absolute best in this one. The Knicks loved to grind games out but Charlotte was always the one team that would goad them into a shootout every time.