Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 MLB Thread

Default 2014 MLB Thread

Currently on my way back from Pittsburgh. My wife took me to PNC Park to watch the Pirates/Reds play on our anniversary. It was my first time at that park, it was great! The Pirates made a trade for Ike Davis (can't remember who they gave up, a AAA pitcher and a PTBNL, I believe). He had a grand slam for them last night and Neil Walker hit a walk-off RBI single to win the game. Great game. Two great teams. I can't wait to go back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikD. For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2014 MLB Thread

Go yanks! We look playoff bound this year for sure. Tanaka and Pineda has surprised me, their pitching like studs. CC and Kurod can both be relied on to be consistent. And it sucks Nova got hurt, but he's never been consistent and Nuno looked great his last start so I feel like he can step up and take the fifth starter spot.

Offensively we have looked pretty good. Ellsbury was a huge pick up...I love it. Red Soxs fans have to miss him so bad. He's such a good ball player. And the pick ups of McCann and Beltran have worked out. Soriano has been playing decent. And the rookies Solarte and Anna have been very good for rookies.

I really want Jeter to finish his career on a high note. I really like this team and feel like it could be special.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go yanks! We look playoff bound this year for sure. Tanaka and Pineda has surprised me, their pitching like studs. CC and Kurod can both be relied on to be consistent. And it sucks Nova got hurt, but he's never been consistent and Nuno looked great his last start so I feel like he can step up and take the fifth starter spot.

Offensively we have looked pretty good. Ellsbury was a huge pick up...I love it. Red Soxs fans have to miss him so bad. He's such a good ball player. And the pick ups of McCann and Beltran have worked out. Soriano has been playing decent. And the rookies Solarte and Anna have been very good for rookies.

I really want Jeter to finish his career on a high note. I really like this team and feel like it could be special.
    How big was Tanaka last night at Fenway? This guy just has ice in his veins. Debuting at Yankee Stadium didn't rattle him. Going to Fenway didn't rattle him. This guy is just an absolute stud. He's the perfect sort of teammate for Jeter in his last season because Jeets prefers players who are quiet, modest, and just go about their business. I read that Cap took him out to dinner yesterday. Between Tanaka and Pineda, the future of the Yankees is all of the sudden incredibly bright. It's a bizarre feeling to actually have exciting players in their mid 20's for once.

This team is infinitely better than last year, and last year's team still won 85 games. Cashman's moves have really paid off nicely so far. The size of the Ellsbury contract still worries me because he is yet another player who we will be paying well into his 30's, but there's no doubt that he is awesome right now, plus we stung our biggest rival big time by taking him away. Beltran has looked solid and it looks like he can give us what he gave the Cards the previous two years, which will be nice. Love the McCann signing too. I agree, I think that we have a great chance of sending Jeter out with some late October baseball. I just wish Mo could have hung around one more year. Shame that him and Pettitte went out with such an uninspiring team, but at least it was on their own terms.

I always liked A-Rod more than most, but it is nice not having his distraction around this year. I'm sure Jeter is enjoying it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD. View Post
    Currently on my way back from Pittsburgh. My wife took me to PNC Park to watch the Pirates/Reds play on our anniversary. It was my first time at that park, it was great! The Pirates made a trade for Ike Davis (can't remember who they gave up, a AAA pitcher and a PTBNL, I believe). He had a grand slam for them last night and Neil Walker hit a walk-off RBI single to win the game. Great game. Two great teams. I can't wait to go back.
    Reds fan here! Go Redlegs! Jay Bruce and Billy Hamilton's bat has really picked up of late
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 04-23-2014 at 05:26 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Also, how about Devin Mesoraco man? I know its early, but man he has played better than any catcher in the league so far, and probably better than any player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Also, how about Devin Mesoraco man? I know its early, but man he has played better than any catcher in the league so far, and probably better than any player in the league
    No doubt! I love that guy.Trading Hanigan was a no-brainer. Speaking of catchers, Tucker Barnhart was in town playing for the Louisville Bats this past weekend. He looks pretty good.

No doubt! I love that guy.Trading Hanigan was a no-brainer. Speaking of catchers, Tucker Barnhart was in town playing for the Louisville Bats this past weekend. He looks pretty good.
    Barnhart looked pretty good in his short stint up here, and hopefully Hanigan can find a home in San Diego

I've always heard that PNC Park is one of the nicest in the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    some tar on the back of his neck?

some tar on the back of his neck?
    Yes. A couple of weeks ago when he pitched against Boston in Yankee Stadium, he had it dripping from the palm of his hand and it was talked about a lot. I can't believe he was so brazen this time. Tonight, ESPN did a "before and after" of him in the first and second innings. It was clear that he put it on in between innings.

I like Pineda and am excited about his talent, but he needs to be more careful. Boston opened up a Pandora's Box tonight though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

smooth

I'm curious to see what everyone here things, Reds fan or not, what do you all think of Billy Hamilton? He got off to that HORRIBLE start, but now he has upped his average to .230
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 04-23-2014 at 10:13 PM.

And my Reds get back to .500 at 11-11 after a 3-1 series win over the Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I'm curious to see what everyone here things, Reds fan or not, what do you all think of Billy Hamilton? He got off to that HORRIBLE start, but now he has upped his average to .230
    It's amazing how fast he is. The Red's new manager said they're going to attempt a lot of steals this year. It's fun to watch. Atlanta tonight!

tough loss for the Reds last night. Mesoraco strained his left hamstring.
    "The severity is it could be significant or it could be something that's a couple or three days," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "We'll see. I think we'll have more news for you tomorrow."

Any other Tigers fans here? Can't believe how well this team is doing. Just swept the Red Sox in Fenway and held them to 3 runs for the whole series.

They already have more stolen bases than they did all of last season. Victor Martinez has more home runs than strikeouts. This team is very, very good.

Reds with a big win over the Cardinals last night, now at 22-24, I think we are a much better team than what our record shows. I have been really impressed with Todd Frazier this year, having a really good year, and can't say enough about Mesoraco either..... Now Homer Bailey.... No idea whats going on with him.

Tigers have gone 2-8 since my last post. Figures.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think I'll ever talk good about my team in public again.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Me eitherů.the Tigers are pathetic.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Me either….the Tigers are pathetic.
    My father-in-law are going to go see them play the Astros on the 28th. They are also his favorite team. With the Astros drafting hometown guy Reed and the other young guys coming up, I may actually pay attention to them and let them become my American League team to root for.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've always heard that PNC Park is one of the nicest in the bigs.
    Currently on my way back from Pittsburgh. My wife took me to PNC Park to watch the Pirates/Reds play on our anniversary. It was my first time at that park, it was great! I can't wait to go back.
    Definitely a great park. Looking forward to going more often once the wife gets a job.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Reds have a chance to get back to .500 here!

Reds are back up to 35-35, been playing a lot better since we got healthy. Billy Hamilton has been great for us. Could be a future star imo.