Page 57 of 321 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 8014

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are a good team because of our starting unit, but there is a pretty undeniable pattern of disappointing bench production. I hope Turner goes to a good team because I want to see what another contender can do with him.
    Our coach fears offense and scorers like Dwight Howard fears the Free Throw line. To have a coach with such a low offense IQ is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Our coach fears offense and scorers like Dwight Howard fears the Free Throw line. To have a coach with such a low offense IQ is terrifying.
    You've said this too many times to ignore it.

Tell us what's wrong with the offense and how you'd fix it. And don't say sign Jodie Meeks. I'm talking about actual stuff that happens on the floor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Tell us what's wrong with the offense and how you'd fix it. And don't say sign Jodie Meeks. I'm talking about actual stuff that happens on the floor.

Put scorers on the floor to create some kind of threat. Our starting lineup cannot be fixed per my suggestions. You can't strategize for or against lack of heart (Hill), lack of speed (Hibbert), and father time (West). Lance however needs to become a better shooter. I think he also needs a go to move. Like dribble behind a screen and pull up from 14. The same kind of shot you see from Rose or Dragic. Simple. Lance seems to get to 13 feet near the basket easily. Just get there and pull up. He should make that his B&B shot.

Now the bench is a whole different scenario. When Turner was here, we should've supplied him with people who could run with him and could score in transition. That would be.......

Copeland
    Butler
    LaVoy
    Turner
    CJ

Considering CJ, Cope, and Rasual can all shoot the three. And LaVoy is decent at it. You stretch the defense. By giving them multiple targets to focus on. This line up though.....

Scola
    Turner
    Ian
    Lance
    CJ

Has holes. Lance isn't a terrific shooter. And teams know he'd prefer to get to the rim. So they will take a chance and leave him open. Ian? Definitely. They won't even bother coming out on him. Scola same thing. Especially when he fell into his funk and his elbow injury. That means they can crowd CJ and Turner. Thus our benches two best passers and most fluent scorers, have to work 3 times as hard to get anything done. That would make any teams life difficult. You need at least 4 of your 5 bench players to be floor threats from deep. Copeland alone changed the complex of the Atlanta series.

By just being on the floor. If you add Butler to that. Plus CJ's shooting. They wouldn't be able to crowd Turner. Not to mention, if you add LaVoy, you can run pnr, pnp, etc. Atlanta's bench had Shelvin Mack, Mike Scott, and Lou Williams. You could throw those three out there with anyone because all 3 can shoot the 3. That kind of strategy stretches the defense.

I'm not saying we should've tried to score 30+ points in a quarter... but to not notice that LaVoy is a better shooter than Ian. And to not notice Copeland as a stretch 4, presents a bigger threat than a slow, slumping Scola. Is just basic stuff. I thought some of the lineups we used in the Milwaukee and Orlando late season wins. Were two of our best bench units offensively.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty surprised that Wade is cool with taking $4.5 million less than Bosh given that Wade has been the face of the franchise for so long. I know he's gimpy and old, but I'm just surprised that he's cool with that.

Regardless, Pat Riley has the easiest job in sports. These three clowns are running the show.
    i suspect both sides understand wade is no longer a guy who has a realistic shot at playing a full season. i believe that played a role.
    he missed like 28 games this year. i figure he will miss a similar number give or take 3-4 games.
    Last edited by clownskull; 06-30-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Think "Jim O'Brien" - 5 guys who can shoot the three doing so when they have the opportunity.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I hope that when I wake up tomorrow, I read on here that Lance has agreed to remain a Pacer and LeBron signs with Real Madrid because they could offer him a true max deal.
    You'll be waiting a few days for Lance.......I think it only makes sense that he gauges what his Market value is before he commits to any single Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You'll be waiting a few days for Lance.......I think it only makes sense that he gauges what his Market value is before he commits to any single Team.
    Yeah, this guy has made absolute pennies by NBA standard for four years. He's going to see what he can get, as he should.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

jameer nelson cut.

in my opinion, slow, short, injury-prone, can't shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I agree. If Lance doesn't at least give other teams a chance to make him an offer, he will regret and resent it later on. Unless his agent already knows there is very little interest in him at large money.

Sports Logo

Yeah, this guy has made absolute pennies by NBA standard for four years. He's going to see what he can get, as he should.
    Exactly. I don't blame him....nor do I blame him for taking more $$$$.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

This Lance movie deal reminds me of what the Cavs did with Lebron and he bolted anyways(of course Lance at least won't host a Decision special)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This Lance movie deal reminds me of what the Cavs did with Lebron and he bolted anyways(of course Lance at least won't host a Decision special)
    Just a couple hours away from showtime. Might start off slow, but the next few days will be interesting for sure.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

There's a rumor the Heat are interested in Vince Carter I hope he goes there like his cousin Tracy he is also a curse everywhere he goes.

The Heat will never win with him around.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Just a couple hours away from showtime. Might start off slow, but the next few days will be interesting for sure.
    We should know something official by July 4th I'd gather. Are teams and players who are RE-NEGOTIATING contracts with their players, comfortable going into the July 4th holiday with such big questions still looming? Is there a site where such percentages are kept? I know if I were a FA, I'd wanna get this sort of thing hammered out before the July 4th holiday. Which in some cases depends on where someone will be playing next season.

There's a rumor the Heat are interested in Vince Carter I hope he goes there like his cousin Tracy he is also a curse everywhere he goes.

That means bye-bye Beasley.

If we don't resign Lance I will be extremely disappointed...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

talk about over paying.... I'm fine with it as long as the Heat have no chance

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    talk about over paying.... I'm fine with it as long as the Heat have no chance

Whoa...I'll happily stick with Hill's contract...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    If we don't resign Lance I will be extremely disappointed...
    No matter what other roster moves we would make?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If we get a major upgrade at PG like Rondo or someone of that caliber I would be ecstatic but still disappointed that Lance is gone. Lance is my favorite Pacer

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Put scorers on the floor to create some kind of threat. Our starting lineup cannot be fixed per my suggestions. You can't strategize for or against lack of heart (Hill), lack of speed (Hibbert), and father time (West). Lance however needs to become a better shooter. I think he also needs a go to move. Like dribble behind a screen and pull up from 14. The same kind of shot you see from Rose or Dragic. Simple. Lance seems to get to 13 feet near the basket easily. Just get there and pull up. He should make that his B&B shot.

Now the bench is a whole different scenario. When Turner was here, we should've supplied him with people who could run with him and could score in transition. That would be.......

Copeland
    Butler
    LaVoy
    Turner
    CJ

Considering CJ, Cope, and Rasual can all shoot the three. And LaVoy is decent at it. You stretch the defense. By giving them multiple targets to focus on. This line up though.....

Scola
    Turner
    Ian
    Lance
    CJ

Has holes. Lance isn't a terrific shooter. And teams know he'd prefer to get to the rim. So they will take a chance and leave him open. Ian? Definitely. They won't even bother coming out on him. Scola same thing. Especially when he fell into his funk and his elbow injury. That means they can crowd CJ and Turner. Thus our benches two best passers and most fluent scorers, have to work 3 times as hard to get anything done. That would make any teams life difficult. You need at least 4 of your 5 bench players to be floor threats from deep. Copeland alone changed the complex of the Atlanta series.

By just being on the floor. If you add Butler to that. Plus CJ's shooting. They wouldn't be able to crowd Turner. Not to mention, if you add LaVoy, you can run pnr, pnp, etc. Atlanta's bench had Shelvin Mack, Mike Scott, and Lou Williams. You could throw those three out there with anyone because all 3 can shoot the 3. That kind of strategy stretches the defense.

I'm not saying we should've tried to score 30+ points in a quarter... but to not notice that LaVoy is a better shooter than Ian. And to not notice Copeland as a stretch 4, presents a bigger threat than a slow, slumping Scola. Is just basic stuff. I thought some of the lineups we used in the Milwaukee and Orlando late season wins. Were two of our best bench units offensively.
    That's just more of your same BS, I want to know what you would actually change in the offense, in terms of sets and movements.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

was he on the mavs team that won it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If we lose Lance, the odds of making a move that could give us anything near his talent are slim to none. Adding this year's version of Rasual Butler won't do much. It's not like we're going to have cap space if Lance leaves. We also really don't have any assets that we want to part with. The players who we would possibly be open to trading (Hibbert and Hill) likely don't have too much value around the league.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    was he on the mavs team that won it all?
    Nope