Page 48 of 327 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wade has opted out.
    Well...looking like Miami is still intact. We will be their b****** again next season.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Nah we will probably be the Bulls *****es next year. We won't even have a chance to reach the Heat unless we are the 4 or 5 seed.

Sports Logo

why even watch next season, right?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If Scola is still here I might not

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Indiana basketball fans are born masochists and will continue to watch this impending disaster.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

What's worse is that the Heat are doing this completely within the rules.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    which is why claims of collusion are ridiculous. they're on the same damn team!

I could see Larry making a trade for OJ Mayo. His contract and Hill's are EXACTLY THE SAME. Same money and same years. Larry's had Mayo twice but somehow, he's slipped through his fingers. Mayo wants out of Milwaukee, so it's a perfect set up. The Thornton deal is better though. Because Marcus is an expiring.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still not quite getting this.

The expectation has got to be that everyone who opted out takes a crapload less money in order to get the Heat under the cap so they can sign FAs. Otherwise, they are renouncing some of the players or only able to offer the same exceptions they could have offered before once they renounced those players.

It isn't like they can now pay $55M for whoever they want and THEN sign LeBoshWade to max contracts.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

which is why claims of collusion are ridiculous. they're on the same damn team!
    But they aren't supposed to collude with management to take less salary in one contract for a verbal commitment to get more salary in a later one.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I'm still not quite getting this.

The expectation has got to be that everyone who opted out takes a crapload less money in order to get the Heat under the cap so they can sign FAs. Otherwise, they are renouncing some of the players or only able to offer the same exceptions they could have offered before once they renounced those players.

It isn't like they can now pay $55M for whoever they want and THEN sign LeBoshWade to max contracts.
    This. Miami doesn't all of a sudden have no one but Norris Cole and his 2.5 million or whatever deal on their books. If they renounce all these guys, which is what they have to do to create cap space, they have no Bird rights. Which means they need to be signed with cap space, how much less do people really expect them to take? It helps, but they don't have the max to go throw at someone. Unless the Big 3 are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I could see Larry making a trade for OJ Mayo. His contract and Hill's are EXACTLY THE SAME. Same money and same years. Larry's had Mayo twice but somehow, he's slipped through his fingers. Mayo wants out of Milwaukee, so it's a perfect set up. The Thornton deal is better though. Because Marcus is an expiring.
    Are you saying Mayo would be an upgrade over George Hill? It's the same story with Mayo every season where starts out the year pretty hot and then just trends downward from there. No thanks, don't want him.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    Are you saying Mayo would be an upgrade over George Hill? It's the same story with Mayo every season where starts out the year pretty hot and then just trends downward from there. No thanks, don't want him.
    As an offensive player? YES. You could also slide Lance to the 1, which is where I feel he belongs anyways. Lance is really a big point guard. Also, if Lance works on his post-up game over the Summer, you play him at point guard? We could use him in post-ups. Of course, Frank will have to get his head out of his *** because he didn't post up Lance or Turner enough last season. You can't have 215+ pound guard/forwards on your team, and not run a single post up set or play for them in an entire playoff series.

Mayo practically carried the Mavericks that season where Dirk was injured to start the year. When he came back, OJ's touches went down. So did his PPG. But they stayed afloat the first half of that season because of Mayo. Mayo was an intricate part of the Grizzlies during the Rudy Gay years as well. As a shooter off the bench. Yes, he died in Milwaukee for a season. But so did these people........

Monta Ellis
    Gary Neal

^Both were great shooters/scorers for GSW and SAS respectively. Until they landed in Milwaukee. Then their careers died. Of course, Neal demanded a trade and he is now a Charlotte Hornet. But I believe he is a free agent now. He might re-up with them. Perhaps. As for Monta, if you've watched the Mavericks this past season and in the playoffs.....you know by now, that rumors of his career-death in Milwaukee, were greatly exaggerated.

Or perhaps, the connection here is Rick Carlisle and his system. Where he can get the best out of players like OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis. If that's the case, then this all once again points to Frank being a bad coach.
    Last edited by Grimp; 06-28-2014 at 05:28 PM.

If we resign Lance and PG and they play like stars and we get decent to good Hibbert while getting back to the chemistry we've ha for the past few years, I don't see how Chicago or Miami is much better if any then us

As an offensive player? YES. You could also slide Lance to the 1, which is where I feel he belongs anyways. Lance is really a big point guard. Also, if Lance works on his post-up game over the Summer, you play him at point guard? We could use him in post-ups. Of course, Frank will have to get his head out of his *** because he didn't post up Lance or Turner enough last season. You can't have 215+ pound guard/forwards on your team, and not run a single post up set or play for them in an entire playoff series.

Mayo practically carried the Mavericks that season where Dirk was injured to start the year. When he came back, OJ's touches went down. So did his PPG. But they stayed afloat the first half of that season because of Mayo. Mayo was an intricate part of the Grizzlies during the Rudy Gay years as well. As a shooter off the bench. Yes, he died in Milwaukee for a season. But so did these people........

Monta Ellis
    Gary Neal

^Both were great shooters/scorers for GSW and SAS respectively. Until they landed in Milwaukee. Then their careers died. Of course, Neal demanded a trade and he is now a Charlotte Hornet. But I believe he is a free agent now. He might re-up with them. Perhaps. As for Monta, if you've watched the Mavericks this past season and in the playoffs.....you know by now, that rumors of his career-death in Milwaukee, were greatly exaggerated.

Or perhaps, the connection here is Rick Carlisle and his system. Where he can get the best out of players like OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis. If that's the case, then this all once again points to Frank being a bad coach.
    Basically you're saying Mayo needs to shoot a high volume of shots to be successful, like Gerald Green. For that reason, I don't think he'd be an upgrade for us from Hill. Mayo wouldn't be getting the 15-20 shots per game he needs on this roster if you have both Stephenson and George.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    Basically you're saying Mayo needs to shoot a high volume of shots to be successful, like Gerald Green. For that reason, I don't think he'd be an upgrade for us from Hill. Mayo wouldn't be getting the 15-20 shots per game he needs on this roster if you have both Stephenson and George.
    Ah. But Lance at PG wouldn't need many shots. Lance could concentrate on triple doubles. At PG, Lance can get us 13, 10, and 10. And be effective. At SG, he has to take more shots because he's our Shooting - Guard.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ah. But Lance at PG wouldn't need many shots. Lance could concentrate on triple doubles. At PG, Lance can get us 13, 10, and 10. And be effective. At SG, he has to take more shots because he's our Shooting - Guard.
    You live in your own reality, my friend.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    But they aren't supposed to collude with management to take less salary in one contract for a verbal commitment to get more salary in a later one.
    The major collusion was between the players prior to them joining the Heat. Now, if the NBA ever found out that Heat management was involved in those efforts while players were still under contract to the other teams....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know, kinda how George hill spends most of his time pointing at people...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I thought that the whole point of them doing all of this....whether they Renounce or not....is to allow them to sign free agents. I wouldnt think that they would do this just to sign a single free agent like Lowry and then be just fill out the roster with vet min players.
    I assume that is the case, but they need to get their own players signed first to get rid of the cap holds. In any case, if they want to sign new players, they will have to stay under the salary cap number. You've done the math, so unless everyone signs for much less than their actual value, they have no chance of adding a guy like Lowery. Unless they S&T him, of course.

fftopic:

this is for the internationals. Howard Webb is Joey Crawford

31. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This. Miami doesn't all of a sudden have no one but Norris Cole and his 2.5 million or whatever deal on their books. If they renounce all these guys, which is what they have to do to create cap space, they have no Bird rights. Which means they need to be signed with cap space, how much less do people really expect them to take? It helps, but they don't have the max to go throw at someone. Unless the Big 3 are stupid.
    I thought that it was a given that the Big 3 are going to take a pay cut ( not huge....but enough ) to build a deeper 8 man rotation. I wasnt expecting them to all get near MAX level contracts.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    If we resign Lance and PG and they play like stars and we get decent to good Hibbert while getting back to the chemistry we've ha for the past few years, I don't see how Chicago or Miami is much better if any then us
    And if we play how we did following our hot start last year (mostly after the ASB)--we will struggle . With that said, we don't know which team will show up next year.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 06-28-2014 at 06:57 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    And if we play how we did following our hot start last year (mostly after the ASB)--we will struggle. With that said, we don't know which team will show up next year.
    I blame our downward spiral on Hibbert really. He just fell apart like a Decepticon in an Autobot fight. That's why we really need to trade him. That kind of collapse is unheard of. Especially for a player who isn't notorious for off the court troubles with guns, clubs, booze, weed, etc.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I assume that is the case, but they need to get their own players signed first to get rid of the cap holds. In any case, if they want to sign new players, they will have to stay under the salary cap number. You've done the math, so unless everyone signs for much less than their actual value, they have no chance of adding a guy like Lowery. Unless they S&T him, of course.
    What is the point of opting out if there was no intention to have the Heat renounce their Bird rights? Does the Heat intend to give them a 5 year contract? Cuz i fully expect that the Big 3 ( or more specifically LeDecision and TagAlong ) will be looking for another 3 year / 4th Year ETO Type deal. If keeping the Bird Right's ( and therefore having the option to give them that 5th year ) is the only advantage that the Heat have in keeping their Bird Rights ( something that the Players wont want anyway ), then i fully expect them to renounce their Players. With $59+ mil in Salary Cap space.....u can sign the Big 3 at a pay cut rate....and then have more capspace to sign the 8 other Players that u have to get to fill out the roster.