Page 314 of 322 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 8039

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    J.R. Smith has only shot 9 fewer threes than Kyle Korver (in 100+ fewer games!).
    How many fewer did he actually make?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I had a weird thing for Tea Leoni back in the day. She's the news reporter in Deep Impact. Not sure what drove that one honestly.
    Soon enough you'll be able to see her on TV each week.

And yeah, she still looks good!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Soon enough you'll be able to see her on TV each week.

And yeah, she still looks good!

Yeah, I saw the previews for that show. I shan't be tuning it. I think it's her voice. She has a weirdly sexy voice. This Offseason Thread has really touched on all subjects. Well done, gents!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    How many fewer did he actually make?
    Almost 200.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Babosa signs with the Warriors, I thought be might consider him.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...warriors-agree

- ‎Brazil guard Leandro Barbosa has reached an agreement to sign with the Golden State Warriors for the upcoming season, ESPN.com has learned.
    [+] EnlargeAP Photo/Matt YorkLeandro Barbosa, who reached an agreement with Golden State, has previously played for Phoenix, Indiana, Toronto and Boston.

After Barbosa received initial interest from the Miami Heat, Golden State has secured a commitment from the 31-year-old on a one-year deal at the veteran minimum, according to NBA front-office sources.
    Barbosa played 20 games last season with the Phoenix Suns, with whom he broke into the NBA in 2003-04. He's also had stints in Indiana, Toronto and Boston.
    The Warriors have been looking for guard depth and happily struck a deal with Barbosa before this weekend's start of the FIBA World Cup in Spain. The Heat, meanwhile, on Wednesday signed fellow veteran Shannon Brown to add to their backcourt.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

J.R. Smith has only shot 9 fewer threes than Kyle Korver (in 100+ fewer games!).
    He probably has the best set shot mechanics in basketball. It is truly a thing of beauty. He just gets sloppy and on the move he gets really sloppy and takes awful shots.

That tells me Korver needs to shoot a lot more. Seriously, he does.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He probably has the best set shot mechanics in basketball. It is truly a thing of beauty. He just gets sloppy and on the move he gets really sloppy and takes awful shots.
    Ray Allen would like a word.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    That tells me Korver needs to shoot a lot more. Seriously, he does.
    See, that could be true, but it could also tell us that Korver takes smarter shots than JR Smith (not hard to do, JR will toss up any BS at the rim).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Okay, comet, listen up, here's how this is going to play out. Your current trajectory is headed straight towards Indianapolis, and has already caused mass fear and hysteria. We are going to pull "Operation Deep Impact" and nuke your *** while you are still in space, only it will not destroy you, but divert your trajectory and split you in two. The two pieces will then head towards Chicago and Cleveland, sparing Indianapolis.
    Can we also send a large chunk towards Miami? For old times sake, and DWade is still there.
    Danger Zone

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With where our team is now Barbosa doesn't fit, but for some reason I really loved him while he was here.

IMO the people who killed him because Wade tore him up while he was hurt were unfair.

See, that could be true, but it could also tell us that Korver takes smarter shots than JR Smith (not hard to do, JR will toss up any BS at the rim).
    That's true, but I do feel that the best 3pt shooter needs to shoot more. He shot 47% and only shot 5.5 3s. The most he ever shot was almost 7/gm. I think he needs to be at 7/gm.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    That's true, but I do feel that the best 3pt shooter needs to shoot more. He shot 47% and only shot 5.5 3s. The most he ever shot was almost 7/gm. I think he needs to be at 7/gm.
    It seems like we have a chicken/egg thing going on here. On one hand we think Korver needs to take more 3's because his % is awesome. On the other hand, one reason his % is awesome is because the type of shots he takes are usually of much higher quality than a guy like JR Smith.

For what it is worth, my eye test tells me Korver is a better shooter, but probably not to the extent the numbers may indicate. The numbers are wider because of shot selection, not overall ability. Just my 2 cents.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    With where our team is now Barbosa doesn't fit, but for some reason I really loved him while he was here.

IMO the people who killed him because Wade tore him up while he was hurt were unfair.
    He was a TERRIBLE player in that series... Black hole that seemed to miss everything IIRC
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Clippers just waived Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica, the 2 players they acquired in the Dudley trade. And oh, they traded a future first for the privilege of doing this.

Wonder if Delfino can still play. He missed all of last season with an injury. Maybe we can get that Argentine connection working for us, since it appears that we're keeping Scola.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Clippers just waived Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica, the 2 players they acquired in the Dudley trade. And oh, they traded a future first for the privilege of doing this.

Wonder if Delfino can still play. He missed all of last season with an injury. Maybe we can get that Argentine connection working for us, since it appears that we're keeping Scola.
    If Delfino could play, he would be playing for the Clippers now.

This was a pure Salary Dump for the Clips at the cost of a future 1st while stretching out Delfino's salary over the next year or two . I'm guessing Balmer wants to have a leaner Salary Cap going into seasons when they have to re-sign DeAndre. Teams like the Clips that can attract talent on the cheap can afford doing moves like this.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

This was a pure Salary Dump for the Clips at the cost of a future 1st while stretching out Delfino's salary over the next year or two . I'm guessing Balmer wants to have a leaner Salary Cap going into seasons when they have to re-sign DeAndre. Teams like the Clips that can attract talent on the cheap can afford doing moves like this.
    Well, actually, it's to make it leaner this season to allow flexibility under the hard cap to actually sign players. With Delfino and Raduljica, they couldn't legally sign another player because they are hard-capped (due to signing Hawes for the MLE and Farmar for the BAE).

They reduced their salary commitment this season for those two players from $4,750,000 to $950,000. But the $950,000 will be on their cap for 4 more seasons after this one.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

You can tell which team has a new owner. Just like the Nets only less crazy. New owners always seem to think they can spend their ways to success. After being in the league a while, the urge to write those extra million dollar checks goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Well, actually, it's to make it leaner this season to allow flexibility under the hard cap to actually sign players. With Delfino and Raduljica, they couldn't legally sign another player because they are hard-capped (due to signing Hawes for the MLE and Farmar for the BAE).

They reduced their salary commitment this season for those two players from $4,750,000 to $950,000. But the $950,000 will be on their cap for 4 more seasons after this one.

Has anybody came up with LoveBron yet?

Dragic or bust.

I had a weird thing for Tea Leoni back in the day. She's the news reporter in Deep Impact. Not sure what drove that one honestly.
    Here is a very relevant video of her on Letterman in 96. It is relevant because Fort Wayne is mentioned twice. Yes, the home of the Mad Ants, our D-League affiliate.

"Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Saw this in Hoops Hype rumors section. The original source is Sportando.

According to Marc Stein, a couple of NBA teams have interest in Zoran Dragic, younger brother of Goran. He recently signed a two-year extension with Unicaja Malaga in Spain and he has a buyout around 800.000$.

Pacers are one of the teams that have interest in Zoran Dragic, sources told Sportando.
    link

The Indiana Pacers are evaluating many players for next season. The team called center Josh Crawford for a workout for next week, a source told Sportando. The player spent last season in Israel with Ironi Ramat Gan and then in Bulgaria with Beroe (14.8 ppg and 7.8 rpg).

The team will choose between four centers.
    link

32. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Saw this in Hoops Hype rumors section. The original source is Sportando.

link

link
    Someone is going to have to tell me if Zoran is legitimately good....but I think that part of the hype that surrounds Zoran is coming from the hype that surrounds his brother.

Maybe he could be good, but given all of this "hype"....I'm guessing that some Team will overbid for his services.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

The interest in Zoran reminds me a little of Sarunas a few years back, although I think Sarunas was older and more accomplished.

Someone is going to have to tell me if Zoran is legitimately good....but I think that part of the hype that surrounds Zoran is coming from the hype that surrounds his brother.

Maybe he could be good, but given all of this "hype"....I'm guessing that some Team will overbid for his services.

Could be setting up for next off-season. Sign Goran's bro, that brings Goran to Indy in Free Agency. His bro would be like recruiting him and stuff. Along with Larry Legend, and the rest of the FO... of course. If they land him, shrewd move by Bird. Sets up nicely to make us front runners to land Goran next Summer in Free Agency. In the end, money talks of course. But playing with family is a pretty strong pull.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post: