Page 309 of 327 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Just give us Dragic...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    Just give us Dragic...
    My guess is that now that things have gone from bad to worse for Bledsoe and the Suns.....they want to keep Dragic for the long-term....even if it is at a near MAX or MAX level contract offer next season.

That means that the Suns would likely want a 1st Round Pick ( and/or a Prospect ) + huge Expiring for a S&T of Bledsoe just so that they have enough capspace for next season to re-sign Dragic.

For the Pacers, that means that if they want to deal either Hibbert or West in order to get him.....I think that either would have to be dealt to some 3rd Team while getting back a huge Expiring and a Prospect or future 1st Round pick.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    My guess is that now that things have gone from bad to worse for Bledsoe and the Suns.....they want to keep Dragic for the long-term....even if it is at a near MAX or MAX level contract offer next season.

That means that the Suns would likely want a 1st Round Pick ( and/or a Prospect ) + huge Expiring for a S&T of Bledsoe just so that they have enough capspace for next season to re-sign Dragic.

For the Pacers, that means that if they want to deal either Hibbert or West in order to get him.....I think that either would have to be dealt to some 3rd Team while getting back a huge Expiring and a Prospect or future 1st Round pick.
    I think I would just pass. Too much to give up to then pay a max deal for a non max player. How would you assess the situation?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want nothing to do with Bledsoe until he shows that he can stay healthy for an entire year.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I think I would just pass. Too much to give up to then pay a max deal for a non max player. How would you assess the situation?
    In the end, I doubt that Bird would do anything that would equate to a MAX level offer to Bledsoe. But some Team that is desperate is going to offer him that much in a S&T.

or

Better yet....maybe a S&T of Bledsoe for Monroe?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I'm not totally sold on either of the Suns pg's. Dragic has only had one notable year and Bledsoe thinks he is a max player, although he can't stay healthy.

I'd pass on either one at this point. They both just seem like the flavor of the month sorts.
    Last edited by Tom White; 08-20-2014 at 05:37 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I'm not totally sold on either of the Suns pg's. Dragic has only had one notable year and Bledsoe thinks he is a max player, although he can't stay healthy.
    I'm okay with making a MAX Level offer to Dragic.....I think that he's fairly solid and reliable from a scoring/distributing POV.

But I can see some valid points that many of you bring up when it comes to not offering Bledsoe. It would be a real gamble for any Team going after him.....which ( as I said before ) some Team IMHO will offer him.

At worst, I can see some Team making him a Lance like offer....a MAX Offer but with a 3rd or 4th Year Player Option / ETO counting on the likelihood that somoene like Bledsoe will simply try to re-up his contract to get a bigger one later down the line.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd pass on either one at this point. They both just seem like the flavor of the month sorts.
    For max money, yeah, I agree.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I want nothing to do with Bledsoe until he shows that he can stay healthy for an entire year.
    "Nothing to do" is a little harsh. That said, you are right about looking to trade for him now. He would make a great pickup at $5M/yr. A good pickup at $8 or 9M. Overpaid at $12M and he wants $14.7M. Sometimes things just cost too much.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In the end, I doubt that Bird would do anything that would equate to a MAX level offer to Bledsoe. But some Team that is desperate is going to offer him that much in a S&T.

or

Better yet....maybe a S&T of Bledsoe for Monroe?
    You'd think this would happen, given that both would be a good fit with the other team.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    You'd think this would happen, given that both would be a good fit with the other team.
    We all know that the Suns just don't want to over pay Bledsoe.

What's the hold up with the Pistons and Monroe?

Is it $$$ or simply fit for the long term?

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    "Nothing to do" is a little harsh. That said, you are right about looking to trade for him now. He would make a great pickup at $5M/yr. A good pickup at $8 or 9M. Overpaid at $12M and he wants $14.7M. Sometimes things just cost too much.
    Problem is he thinks he's worth max money right now. I'd be all for taking a chance on Bledsoe if we could get him for cheap, but that's not an option with what he's currently demanding. To quote Shark Tank, "and for that reason, I'm out".

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

I'm okay with making a MAX Level offer to Dragic.....I think that he's fairly solid and reliable from a scoring/distributing POV.
    When a player only considered "fairly solid and reliable" that screams to me "Not a max player".

Teams still throw too much money at too little talent for the money.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

When a player only considered "fairly solid and reliable" that screams to me "Not a max player".

Teams still throw too much money at too little talent for the money.
    My thing with Dragic is what you were saying in an earlier post. The previous six seasons in his NBA career he was an MLE-type player. One breakout season in a freewheeling offense makes me scared to offer a guy like him max money, especially to come to the Pacers, where his strengths wouldn't be utilized as well.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    My thing with Dragic is what you were saying in an earlier post. The previous six seasons in his NBA career he was an MLE-type player. One breakout season in a freewheeling offense makes me scared to offer a guy like him max money, especially to come to the Pacers, where his strengths wouldn't be utilized as well.
    And where every major signing/traded player has for one reason or another sucked horribly with the Pacers lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh and Derrick Rose holding himself out of practices and the team USA game today...I don't know if the guy will ever be his MVP self for a long period of time, either physically or mentally, not sure which side is losing out.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Oh and Derrick Rose holding himself out of practices and the team USA game today...I don't know if the guy will ever be his MVP self for a long period of time, either physically or mentally, not sure which side is losing out.
    I was going to comment on that.

I'm surprised that DRose is being kept out for various reasons. I understand that he wants to compete for his country....but if you are at the point where you're essentially in and out of the rotation due to healthy reasons....then I'm wondering why they don't cut him from the roster. They had 2 other perfectly healthy PGs with Wall and Kyrie.....yet they stuck with DRose. I get that he maybe the better PG....but playing like this? Why?

I'm wondering if he is being kept out for healthy reasons or simple conditioning reasons.

Either way, maybe he will end up playing like Wade for this season where he rests every couple of games.

They probably stuck with Rose because they had an exhibition game in Chicago. $$$$$

And yeah - if there's ANY question about his health, move on.

Can't rec this enough. I'd prefer Bledsoe over Dragic. Bledsoe plays stellar D. Give me the guys that play defense.

Pacers have about a 5% chance of getting either though.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

This times a million.

I think Dragic has been underrated for most of his NBA career, but now he might be overrated because of the Suns' system. He's still worth 10-12 million in my mind because he's in his prime years now.

So Harden thinks he's the best All Around player in the NBA. I'm not sure he's even in the top 5 at his position. He's a great offensive player, but really lacking on defense. There's confidence and then there's just saying dumb stuff to try and make yourself look better. Dude's crazy.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...yer-In-The-NBA

And if you have to declare yourself the best at something, then you are not the best at something.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    So Harden thinks he's the best All Around player in the NBA. I'm not sure he's even in the top 5 at his position. He's a great offensive player, but really lacking on defense. There's confidence and then there's just saying dumb stuff to try and make yourself look better. Dude's crazy.

And if you have to declare yourself the best at something, then you are not the best at something.
    While I'm no Harden fan at all, I can't think of 5 2-Guards that are better than him right now.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA all-star shows too much confidence in himself. News at 11.

You do not claw your way to Harden's level without dipping into crazy.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

Harden is the SG equivalent of Melo.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: