Page 304 of 327 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #7576

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agreement is gold as far as I'm concerned, I don't recall an agreement like that not to be completed. Boston has the MLE to use on him and it will be used as agreed upon if a trade isn't done. It's been like 25 days and still no signing. Could be waiting for rookie contracts to be eligible for trade or working a multiple team trade or simply working on details of a trade. But most certainly something is causing a huge delay of an agreement.
    Well, I guess we'll know soon enough if there is a trade brewing between Indy and Boston. If so, there must be more pieces from our end going to Boston if the signing has been held up this long. In any POTENTIAL deal. I don't think this looks like a 1 for 1 swap. And Indy and Boston have had off and on talks this Summer. If something happens it could also involve Phoenix, as Rondo has strong ties to McDonough in the Phoenix front office.

    Or it might not involve us at all. Bledsoe to Boston for Rondo ya think? That would definitely be holding up money because Bledsoe's extension is gonna be expensive.

  2. #7577
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only rookie they have to trade is Marcus Smart right? I doubt they deal him.
    All of Boston's rookie deals are eligible for trade, but Pacers rookies are not and other teams may have rookies that are not eligible for trade yet.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  3. #7578

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All of Boston's rookie deals are eligible for trade, but Pacers rookies are not and other teams may have rookies that are not eligible for trade yet.
    We got no picks this year though remember. Phoenix got our pick last draft, and our 2nd rounder was traded to the NYK for cash.

  4. #7579
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I guess we'll know soon enough if there is a trade brewing between Indy and Boston. If so, there must be more pieces from our end going to Boston if the signing has been held up this long. In any POTENTIAL deal. I don't think this looks like a 1 for 1 swap. And Indy and Boston have had off and on talks this Summer. If something happens it could also involve Phoenix, as Rondo has strong ties to McDonough in the Phoenix front office.

    Or it might not involve us at all. Bledsoe to Boston for Rondo ya think? That would definitely be holding up money because Bledsoe's extension is gonna be expensive.
    I don't believe Bledsoe for Rondo would hold up Turner from signing his deal at all. Again, Boston has the MLE to use for Turner. I think Pacers are 100% involved.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  6. #7580

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the other bit of irony: even nba owners who we're sympathizing with aren't at all worried about "their" players playing during the summer: they're just mad they aren't making money off of it (even if they are indirectly). It's just plain selfish, stupid and counterproductive to ask them not to.
    I don't really blame owners for it. Lots of companies have non-complete causes for their employees. I've had one and I make peanuts.

    All sports at every level are essentially "pro" leagues once you start charging for admission. That's mostly a strawman argument. Players play because (A) they love high level completion and (B) they want to get better.
    The problem is the Olympics masquerading as an amateur league and a small group of people and companies making billions off that. I don't doubt the players motives, you can tell how much it matters to then when they play.

    If any league is a "pro" league masquerading under sham amateurism, it isn't the Olympics: it's the NCAA. College football and then basketball are at the front of the line.
    I totally agree. I'm hoping to see NBA owners take an even harder line against the NCAA.

  7. #7581
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I suppose I just don't care about why or how much players are making off of playing so long as they aren't being exploited by it.

    The Olympics matter because of a built up history and tradition, no different than the nba. Same with the basketball World Cup. For better or worse FIBA has built up that asset to their benefit. If the players want to ask for a bigger cut I'm totally on board with that, I just don't care which billionaire is raking in profits at the top.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-17-2014 at 05:48 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #7582
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got no picks this year though remember. Phoenix got our pick last draft, and our 2nd rounder was traded to the NYK for cash.
    I was thinking Whittington was on a rookie deal with the same eligiblity period, my bad. But still other teams may have a rookie that isnt eligible that could be involved. I'm not saying this is the case, just possible for causing a hold up on a trade, just like Love, they are waiting the 30 days for Wiggins to be eligible.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-17-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  9. #7583
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,240

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I want Rasual back. Great veteran presence and he was a legitimate plus during his minutes on the court.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7584
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Rasual back. Great veteran presence and he was a legitimate plus during his minutes on the court.
    Exactly what did he do in the playoffs to help us win? right veteran cheerleader from the bench. Nice,, just what we need to get to the next level... LOL!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  12. #7585

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking Whittington was on a rookie deal with the same eligiblity period, my bad. But still other teams may have a rookie that isnt eligible that could be involved. I'm not saying this is the case, just possible for causing a hold up on a trade, just like Love, they are waiting the 30 days for Wiggins to be eligible.
    Well this should be interesting. I really thought Turner had signed his deal already though. Usually when these things are reported people just assume he's already signed. Because Agreed to Terms sounds to some people like he's signed a piece of paper. And they don't always bother with those live press conferences for non-superstar players.

  13. #7586
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly what did he do in the playoffs to help us win? right veteran cheerleader from the bench. Nice,, just what we need to get to the next level... LOL!
    Yeah, what a fool for wanting Rasul back. I would rather have Lebron James or Kevin Durant!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  15. #7587

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Rasual back. Great veteran presence and he was a legitimate plus during his minutes on the court.
    I felt Rasual didn't get enough minutes last season but at his age, it's best to let him go on.

  16. #7588
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, what a fool for wanting Rasul back. I would rather have Lebron James or Kevin Durant!
    Extreme low's to Extreme Highs right there! Good for you!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  17. #7589
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I felt Rasual didn't get enough minutes last season but at his age, it's best to let him go on.
    Agreed 100%
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

    sav

  19. #7590
    Member Pacerblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly what did he do in the playoffs to help us win? right veteran cheerleader from the bench. Nice,, just what we need to get to the next level... LOL!
    Didnt he have a couple good spurts against the Heat?? No worse than the rest of the team against the Heat. I would welcome him back..

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerblue For This Useful Post:


  21. #7591
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerblue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didnt he have a couple good spurts against the Heat?? No worse than the rest of the team against the Heat. I would welcome him back..
    Spurts...lol, Pacers can definitely build on that.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-17-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  22. #7592
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are some new Hibbert trade stuff.......

    http://hoopshabit.com/2014/08/16/3-i...roy-hibbert/5/

    5 Potential deals for Hibbert. Portland and Milwaukee seem like the best ones.
    That same article was online (maybe bleacher report?) at least a month ago.

  23. #7593
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Anyone remember how many players we can carry heading into preseason roster? Hasn't been like 18 or so in the past?

  24. #7594

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That same article was online (maybe bleacher report?) at least a month ago.
    If so, then hoopshabit should be ashamed of themselves.

  25. #7595
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone remember how many players we can carry heading into preseason roster? Hasn't been like 18 or so in the past?
    I believe that would be 20 players during the off season. 15 during season with 2 in suits. last I knew anyways.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-17-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  27. #7596
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,025

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Rasual back. Great veteran presence and he was a legitimate plus during his minutes on the court.
    When it sinks in that Lance and Paul are not playing a minute on the wing this season, Rasual Butler is going to look a lot better. Solomon Hill may be our best bigger wing this year.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  29. #7597
    Member Pacerblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spurts...lol, Pacers can definitely build on that.
    Well considering he only played in spurts...

  30. #7598
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it sinks in that Lance and Paul are not playing a minute on the wing this season
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-17-2014 at 07:00 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  31. #7599
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerblue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well considering he only played in spurts...
    Yea, there is a reason for that...
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  32. #7600
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, there is a reason for that...
    You understand he would be signed on for the 13th man on the roster. I am not sure what type of talent/skillset you believe 1 million bucks and a 13th man on the roster gets you these days.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •