Page 303 of 319 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 7951

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right. Last I heard we did away with that kind of thing about 1864. But I haven't been watching the news lately so things may have changed.
    You'd think, right?

I'm relatively certain Simon doesn't think that way. Entitled fans are a different animal, though. Pay for merchandise or the price of a ticket and all of a sudden the player isn't a human being anymore.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can an admin send all this PG/property/dipping into slavery bull **** to it's own thread?

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Are you people ****ing stupid? You can't have players not play in the off season. You have to PRACTICE BASKETBALL SKILLS.

WHY IS THIS EVEN A DISCUSSION? STOP IT.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Back to News, Trades, Rumors....

Evan Turner still hasnt signed yet and Pacers still can S&T him to Boston. Must have a potential trade to be holding off the actual signing.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-17-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

Evan Turner still hasnt signed yet and Pacers still can S&T him to Boston. Must have a potential trade to be holding off the actual signing.
    Interesting.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Interesting.
    Quite interesting indeed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you. I didn't know that. Thought he was long gone to the BOS plantation.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Would Barbosa help any? Seen he's not been signed and he's been here before

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    Thank you. I didn't know that. Thought he was long gone to the BOS plantation.
    Every article about Turner joining Boston says they've signed him already.

I believe Boston signed Turner officially shortly after he agreed to terms with them.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am somewhat intrigued by Francisco Garcia. Call me crazy, but I would give him a look.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I believe Boston signed Turner officially shortly after he agreed to terms with them.
    He isn't listed on the roster

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster

He's actually still on pacers roster page as a FA

http://www.nba.com/pacers/roster/grid

Sports Logo

I'm inclined to not to go after any Free Agents at this point and just let Solo and Rudez take up all of the Wing Player minutes and just sit on the Disabled Player Exception to see if any trade opportunities pop up.

If Bird is interested in going after a Free Agent....what position are we looking at?

A Combo SG/SF Wing Player?

A Pure SF?

A Combo SF/PF Tweener Forward?

Here's the official list from NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2014/

If we are still considering a half-way decent Tweener forward....I'd consider Dante Cunningham. He's no scorer ( sorry, Grimp ) but he's a decent "does everything else that no one else wants to do" type Player. Also, I think that his defense is pretty good as well.

I suggested Francisco Garcia....but it looks like he will likely return to the Rockets. I am not sure if he officially signed yet...but reports suggest that he's returning to Houston.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-17-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Rasual Butler is available and reportedly wants to return. Might be the best option at this point.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sheppie33 View Post
    He isn't listed on the roster

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster

He's actually still on pacers roster page as a FA

http://www.nba.com/pacers/roster/grid

Who knows, maybe NBA.COM update guy has been slacking off.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm inclined to not to go after any Free Agents at this point and just let Solo and Rudez take up all of the Wing Player minutes and just sit on the Disabled Player Exception to see if any trade opportunities pop up.

If Bird is interested in going after a Free Agent....what position are we looking at?

A Combo SG/SF Wing Player?

A Pure SF?

A Combo SF/PF Tweener Forward?

Here's the official list from NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2014/

If we are still considering a half-way decent Tweener forward....I'd consider Dante Cunningham. He's no scorer ( sorry, Grimp ) but he's a decent "does everything else that no one else wants to do" type Player. Also, I think that his defense is pretty good as well.

I suggested Francisco Garcia....but it looks like he will likely return to the Rockets. I am not sure if he officially signed yet...but reports suggest that he's returning to Houston.

I want us to do what the Hawks did. Stock our team with shooters in the absence of our best player. Shoot our way to as many victories as possible, grab the eighth seed, and not have a completely miserable season. The Hawks had things we didn't though. A REAL point guard, and a stretch 5. I think the first part of that equation can still happen depending on how hard the front office is working the phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I want us to do what the Hawks did. Stock our team with shooters in the absence of our best player. Shoot our way to as many victories as possible, grab the eighth seed, and not have a completely miserable season. The Hawks had things we didn't though. A REAL point guard, and a stretch 5. I think the first part of that equation can still happen depending on how hard the front office is working the phones.
    Jeff Teague isn't a "REAL" point guard, he just has an insane quick first step. He isn't that good of a shooter (39% FG and 32% 3PT) and his passes aren't that accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Jeff Teague isn't a "REAL" point guard, he just has an insane quick first step. He isn't that good of a shooter (39% FG and 32% 3PT) and his passes aren't that accurate.
    He is a REAL PG and he's better than what we've got at that position.

Here are some new Hibbert trade stuff.......

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/08/16/3-i...roy-hibbert/5/

5 Potential deals for Hibbert. Portland and Milwaukee seem like the best ones.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Turner agreed to sign with Boston, however no contract has been signed yet. Why hasn't it been signed you ask? I don't know, but usually its because of another deal that could be pending or developing. With that said, the Pacers still can s&t him to the Celtics.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Turner agreed to sign with Boston, however no contract has been signed yet. Why hasn't it been signed you ask? I don't know, but usually its because of another deal that could be pending or developing. With that said, the Pacers still can s&t him to the Celtics.
    Does Boston have money to sign him out right? Do they need to clear more space, could that be the hold up? If you're right then this is remotely intriguing. Is it possible his agent is not high on him signing with Boston? Are there rules against breaking verbal agreements in the NBA? Can his agent just tell Boston we got a better offer elsewhere because pen hasn't been put to paper yet? They agreed to terms around the 21st-23rd of July. Today is August 17th.
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-17-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Does Boston have money to sign him out right? Do they need to clear more space, could that be the hold up? If you're right then this is remotely intriguing. Is it possible his agent is not high on him signing with Boston? Are there rules against breaking verbal agreements in the NBA? Can his agent just tell Boston we got a better offer elsewhere because pen hasn't been put to paper yet?
    The agreement is gold as far as I'm concerned, I don't recall an agreement like that not to be completed. Boston has the MLE to use on him and it will be used as agreed upon if a trade isn't done. It's been like 25 days and still no signing. Could be waiting for rookie contracts to be eligible for trade or working a multiple team trade or simply working on details of a trade. But most certainly something is causing a huge delay of an agreement.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Cuban's tried asking Dirk to not play for Germany for the last decade. Dirk has told Cuban to go **** himself every time.
    Cuban has said his problem is not with Dirk representing his country, it's the fact that the Olympics are just a front for a group of companies to make money. Players that you pay are risking injury and fatigue to make money for a different corporation, it's bad business. NBA contracts I'm sure stipulate that you can't play in a Chinese league during the offseason. The Olympics are essentially a pro league that hides behind the concept of amateurism. I would love it of NBA players didn't play in the current version of the Olympics.

The agreement is gold as far as I'm concerned, I don't recall an agreement like that not to be completed. Boston has the MLE to use on him and it will be used as agreed upon if a trade isn't done. It's been like 25 days and still no signing. Could be waiting for rookie contracts to be eligible for trade or working a multiple team trade or simply working on details of a trade. But most certainly something is causing a huge delay of an agreement.

The only rookie they have to trade is Marcus Smart right? I doubt they deal him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Cuban has said his problem is not with Dirk representing his country, it's the fact that the Olympics are just a front for a group of companies to make money. Players that you pay are risking injury and fatigue to make money for a different corporation, it's bad business. NBA contracts I'm sure stipulate that you can't play in a Chinese league during the offseason. The Olympics are essentially a pro league that hides behind the concept of amateurism. I would love it of NBA players didn't play in the current version of the Olympics.
    Yeah, that's the other bit of irony: even nba owners who we're sympathizing with aren't at all worried about "their" players playing during the summer: they're just mad they aren't making money off of it (even if they are indirectly). It's just plain selfish, stupid and counterproductive to ask them not to. Also, your analogy to a pro Chinese league Dallas apart because there is no contract signed here. Players are not obligated and are free to leave at anytime without penalty. If it were a Chinese pro-am league? I don't see any problem with that.

All sports at every level are essentially "pro" leagues once you start charging for admission. That's mostly a strawman argument. Players play because (A) they love high level completion and (B) they want to get better.

If any league is a "pro" league masquerading under sham amateurism, it isn't the Olympics: it's the NCAA. College football and then basketball are at the front of the line.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-17-2014 at 05:34 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post: