Page 289 of 327 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #7201

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We do, he goes by the name of Roy Hibbert
    jesus christ, we're still pretending like Roy doesn't have any value as a basketball player?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  3. #7202
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you're kind of a dick
    I started ignoring him when he admitted he didn't know what a scout did. It was pretty funny. http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1898954 Apparently scouts don't tell GM's who to pick based on projections.

    He's incapable of ever making a statement about basketball that might be remotely interesting to me.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DisplacedKnick For This Useful Post:


  5. #7203
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    jesus christ, we're still pretending like Roy doesn't have any value as a basketball player?
    I swear people around here judge Roy's entire contribution to defense based off his rebounding numbers (or lack thereof). Every advanced metric and even some of the not so advanced ones showed Roy as a massive gamechanger defensively when he's on the court. Just his presence alone alters how teams attack our defense. You saw it in the Conference Finals; LeBron wanted no part of meeting Roy at the rim.

    That's going to be my soapbox this season I fear, defending Roy Hibbert against the masses around here who think he's worthless.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  7. #7204
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. He's going to play a better version of the Bosh role in Miami, with Kyrie filling in as Wade lite. I think the dynamic will be very similar, And Loves floor spacing and passing game will compliment Kyrie and Lebron very nicely. Teams that can pass the ball well win games, think of the spurs.

    They just need a center who is also a rim protector, and they will be just fine. I don't think Love's defense or lack thereof is that big of an issue.
    This post explicitly illustrates the problem I have with how people have been looking at this - Love has to be a version of Bosh and Irving has to be a version of Wade.

    Problem is, in each case those players have very different types of games and skill sets. And defensive ability - though to be fair, Irving may be able to become a decent defender, he's never been on a team where that mattered.
    Last edited by DisplacedKnick; 08-08-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DisplacedKnick For This Useful Post:


  9. #7205
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    480
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy is drastically underrated by the people here who see him as an awful worthless player...
    I've never said he's worthless, but vastly over-rated

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  11. #7206
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    480
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    jesus christ, we're still pretending like Roy doesn't have any value as a basketball player?
    Again, I'm not saying he's worthless....just that I don't hold him in as high of regards as most here do.

  12. #7207
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This post explicitly illustrates the problem I have with how people have been looking at this - Love has to be a version of Bosh and Irving has to be a version of Wade.

    Problem is, in each case those players have very different types of games and skill sets. And defensive ability - though to be fair, Irving may be able to become a decent defender, he's never been on a team where that mattered.
    There is one piece to the puzzle that hasn't been mentioned before......how the new Euro Coach is going to run the offense and defense.

    I have no idea if the New Coach can help run the show like the way that Spolestra did in Miami....nor do I know if he will put any emphasis on the defensive end....will the offense be up tempo, half court or whatever.

    Anyone know how he ran his offense/defense in Europe? ( I'm looking at you Nuntius ; ) )
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #7208
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,818

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, I'm not saying he's worthless....just that I don't hold him in as high of regards as most here do.
    Considering it often seems like "most" here want to see him traded for a warm soda and a limp coney dog, that's pretty low.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  15. #7209
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's going to be my soapbox this season I fear, defending Roy Hibbert against the masses around here who think he's worthless.



    Good f'ing luck.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  17. #7210
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, I'm not saying he's worthless....just that I don't hold him in as high of regards as most here do.
    Have you been on this board lately? You're in the majority bro not out on some brave new crusade.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  19. #7211

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    The best Simmons article I've read in a while, probably because it involves NBA history and he can't overreact to current events.

    http://grantland.com/features/kevin-...-timberwolves/

  20. #7212

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy is drastically underrated by the people here who see him as an awful worthless player...
    No that almost everyone. Even though Roy Hibbert struggled early in the playoffs he broke out of it in game 2 of the wizards series and played good. But because he had those couple of scoreless games and rebounds a lot of ppl still consider him garbage.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:


  22. #7213
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    How does this Monroe issue end? I know it's similar to Bledsoe but I could care less about him.

  23. #7214
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does this Monroe issue end? I know it's similar to Bledsoe but I could care less about him.
    It ends most likely when David Falk finds an NBA team willing to both pay Monroe what he wants and trade SVG what he would want in return.

    The working theory is Faulk wants to set Monroe up for the summer of 2016 and is telling him he won't get his maximum stats playing in a crowded frontline with Drummond and Josh Smith.

    SVG offered to sign him to a short term deal that would make him the highest paid player on the team so money is not the issue here. Falk wants Monroe on a team where he's the lone post option.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-08-2014 at 05:43 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #7215
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    .. and if no team is willing to give up what svg wants? would he sit out?

  25. #7216
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .. and if no team is willing to give up what svg wants? would he sit out?
    I think at some point if this isn't done by October Monroe steps in and takes a cheap 2-year deal. He's not going to cost himself money by accepting the QO or sitting out.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  26. #7217
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    well I guess he has no leverage. if I'm Stan I'm sleeping easy at night

  27. #7218
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,692

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering it often seems like "most" here want to see him traded for a warm soda and a limp coney dog, that's pretty low.
    Hyperbole.

    This board is very much split over Roy Hibbert and I don't remember anybody saying that hey wanted Roy Hibbert gone no matter the cost.

    I want Roy gone but I also am not willing to just throw him away either. I am very well aware of what he brings but I am also equally aware of the liabilities that he brings.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  29. #7219
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well I guess he has no leverage. if I'm Stan I'm sleeping easy at night
    no, he really doesn't.

    Someone on the Pistons forum compared Falk's negotiations with the Pistons so far to the sheriff on Blazing Saddles threatening to shoot himself if the people that want to murder him come any closer. Perfect analogy.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  30. #7220

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you're kind of a dick

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  32. #7221
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +1 for invoking the wisdom of Peter Venkman.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  34. #7222
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,818

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hyperbole.

    This board is very much split over Roy Hibbert and I don't remember anybody saying that hey wanted Roy Hibbert gone no matter the cost.

    I want Roy gone but I also am not willing to just throw him away either. I am very well aware of what he brings but I am also equally aware of the liabilities that he brings.
    Thus "most" in quotes. I was equating it to the idea that "most" on PD overvalue him.

    I'd agree that the reality is probably between your view on the glass-half-empty side and the view of people that have similar thoughts but are willing to let him have another year to see what he can do because they believe he isn't fixed in stone.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  35. #7223
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    480
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you been on this board lately? You're in the majority bro not out on some brave new crusade.
    So you're saying that a majority agrees with my initial statement?

  36. #7224
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,722
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...235111706.html

    The NBA is refunding people who bought Wiggins jerseys. Pretty nice gesture!

  37. #7225
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...235111706.html

    The NBA is refunding people who bought Wiggins jerseys. Pretty nice gesture!
    I wonder if they thought about offering an exchange program for Wiggins' Wolves jersey

    That poor kid. That Minnesota team is going to suck and he's going to be the fans' only hope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •